Uber Drivers Forum banner

Walmart Groceries, Now Delivered at Uber speed

6K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  RzrFan 
#1 ·

Thoughts?

#2 ·
Looks like Uber will be running it themselves, and that's fine. If it makes for less pickups of people from Walmart, I'm all for it.

As a consumer, couldn't care less. Amazon does the same thing without the uber branding.

Some things I would buy using these services, some I wouldn't. A box of rice-a-roni - sure. Bag of chips - no. Fruit - no. Anything refrigerated or frozen - no. Walmart can barely keep expired groceries off the shelf. Not going to put decisions on fragile or perishable items in their hands (nor in the hands of you picaroons).

#4 ·
Wait and see. Looks good on paper. Uber/Walmart will want to let people schedule deliveries. Convenience sells. But not everyone can keep to a schedule.

So, what happens if no one is around to accept the groceries? Do we return them to Walmart? Not everything would be returnable. (Veggies.) Do we hold onto them at 9 cents a minute? Obviously we can't move on to the next ride until the groceries are accepted - somewhere - and by someone. Plus, I think we all know whose fault it will be when the eggs are damaged, or the milk is bad.

#6 ·
I wouldn't recommend it. I picked up an order from Walmart. You pull up to the pickup area and wait for someone to come to you to identify. They then go in to get your order and bring it back out to your car. Then I drove to the customers apartment and had to bring them into their house for I think $7. Took about 30 minutes total. First and last for me.

#13 ·
Here's a GREAT Public Relations stunt: :cool:

Travis should do an "Uber Undercover" episode of himself, making a Walmart Grocery Delivery. Preferably, 17-bags of fruits, vegetables, canned goods, cleaning supplies,... up to the 9th floor of the Towers at Centerpoint (either Tower-1 or Tower-2). :mad:

It could be a great recruitment video of, "How Easy it is to Deliver Groceries on the Uber Platform." :p

#14 ·
Here's a GREAT Public Relations stunt: :cool:

Travis should do an "Uber Undercover" episode of himself, making a Walmart Grocery Delivery. Preferably, 17-bags of fruits, vegetables, canned goods, cleaning supplies,... up to the 9th floor of the Towers at Centerpoint (either Tower-1 or Tower-2). :mad:

It could be a great recruitment video of, "How Easy it is to Deliver Groceries on the Uber Platform." :p
Then the person tries to tip, he smiles and says "no need to tip"

#15 ·
I got this a few weeks ago... I get a order for wal mart ok... Pull up dude comes out 5 mins later said oh great you got a big vehicle.. Yes why?

He said you ever do this? Nope! He said have fun... 67 bags of groceries... WTF! Ok no problem...

Load them all up. Drive 14 miles to drop them off. Lady is asleep. Finally get her husband to poke this jabba the hut with a broom. Ok cool. 10 trips back and forth from my vehcile to the house. This lady says ok just come on in and start unloading them to the fridge. "Sorry man im not Mr Belevadere. I will leave this for you at the door. your house smells of vomit and cat piss and I don't want to puke in your living room. "

takes about 10 mins to unload all these and walk the complex up three flights of stairs etc..

I am into this call 47 mins. I finish up thank her for the workout and to enjoy her 6 months of rations... She is like thank you so much here is a little something for your trouble... a ****ing dollar!

I thank her like I won the lottery

so I get 7.48 for the trip

a buck tip.

8.48 for the hour. Yep went to a Qt and washed off in sink. I wrote uber about this and asked to be removed from food and wal mart delivery

People get real?!!?

#16 ·
My first Wal-Mart trip was sort of two - My first and my last.
My story is not as bad as yours, but close, and I got a $2.00 tip :), also needed a bath after the delivery.
I also got two UBEReats, first one got to restaurant and they said 15 minutes until ready. That was a quick cancel, just a waste of time getting there. The second I drove about 15 miles, get to home (later looked up in Zillow at 1.2mil). Get a message to drop package off at door.

#20 ·
My first Wal-Mart trip was sort of two - My first and my last.
My story is not as bad as yours, but close, and I got a $2.00 tip :), also needed a bath after the delivery.
I also got two UBEReats, first one got to restaurant and they said 15 minutes until ready. That was a quick cancel, just a waste of time getting there. The second I drove about 15 miles, get to home (later looked up in Zillow at 1.2mil). Get a message to drop package off at door.
Day after the Final Four championship game. Pick up a working stiff about 5:15 take him to work for about a minimum fare, he hands me a five and apologizes for the short trip. Pick up a guy at the Camby 5 minutes later. Load his bags and golf clubs, nice conversation on the trip, take him to SwiftAir, drive out to his plane on the tarmac, unload the clubs and luggage, hands me a buck.

#22 ·
I hate Eats as well but I had in last weekend that was justified. IMO. I'm in Ahwatukee, AZ and get an EATS request for Fudruckers. Get the food and drive I to Ahwatukee. When I get the gentlemans house he is parapalegic. I take the food in and also helped him get some Amazon boxes he has on his porch into his house. No tip but it didn't bother me. This is where Eats wins on people who really need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.