Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up waitress heading to work. Asked me to stop at coffee shop along the way, which I did. Took her to Colonial Cafe in St. Charles.
Dropped her off and of course I never got a tip. Happened to be back at that cafe a week later and she happened to be our waitress. When I got the check, instead of a tip, I wrote “Uber On”.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Picked up waitress heading to work. Asked me to stop at coffee shop along the way, which I did. Took her to Colonial Cafe in St. Charles.
Dropped her off and of course I never got a tip. Happened to be back at that cafe a week later and she happened to be our waitress. When I got the check, instead of a tip, I wrote "Uber On".
That was mean. :/

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Dropped her off and of course I never got a tip. Happened to be back at that cafe a week later and she happened to be our waitress. When I got the check, instead of a tip, I wrote "Uber On".
Draw five stars

That was mean. :/
So was the waitress

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Sadly, many servers are not tippers when it comes to uber. I drove two yesterday. One tipped 10 on a 7 dollar trip. The other talked about how good he expected to do working the brunch hours today. 8 dollar trip, no tip. Restaurant managers, in my experience, are worse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That makes you both inconsiderate jerks. You could have left a tip AND the same message and made the same point without adding to our bad press.

Besides you don`t know if she was down to her last dollar and couldn`t afford a tip.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
That makes you both inconsiderate jerks. You could have left a tip AND the same message and made the same point without adding to our bad press.

Besides you don`t know if she was down to her last dollar and couldn`t afford a tip.
She could have added it on the cc and would have if she intended to tip. She damn sure would habe made sure to make it up to a fellow server.

I still would have tipped, maybe not as well as normal but i would have tipped. I normally leave 15-25%

I take it personal when a server/bartender does not tip.

·
Registered
170 Posts
She could have added it on the cc and would have if she intended to tip. She damn sure would habe made sure to make it up to a fellow server.

I still would have tipped, maybe not as well as normal but i would have tipped. I normally leave 15-25%

I take it personal when a server/bartender does not tip.
All of this is irrelevant to his opening argument.

If he says her actions are wrong then by definition his are wrong also.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
its a ahame it wasnt a big franchise, you could have made a bogus claim about the waitress being drunk and made you feel unsafe.

They might have sent you a gift card, an apology, suspended her, investigated her, bought a bike company, announced a new menu, invent a flying restaurant, raise the food costs, give themselves a raise, bring the waitress back, tell her she will be replaced by robot waitresses soon, test a robot waitress which kills a patron, lies about patron and staff data breach....i can go on and on and on!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
The waitress definitely deserved the "Uber on" as her tip, but I would not ever let her serve me food again in the future. I wouldn't ever drive her again, either.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good job , i think you did good but you should not left the uber on note she doesn't deserved

1 - 20 of 50 Posts