Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
I just applied for driving Uber and even before my first ride my account got waitlisted. When I tried to contact the support they couldn’t tell me why. I have to wait for two weeks for no reason. After I went there in person to talk with the support they told me that I have a speeding ticket from three months back which I already paid but it’s still in my driving history. Do you have any Idea how to get this ticket removed without going back to Utah in court in person. I live in Los Angeles and the ticket is from Utah. Or maybe I should just keep on driving for Lyft.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi guys,
I just applied for driving Uber and even before my first ride my account got waitlisted. When I tried to contact the support they couldn't tell me why. I have to wait for two weeks for no reason. After I went there in person to talk with the support they told me that I have a speeding ticket from three months back which I already paid but it's still in my driving history. Do you have any Idea how to get this ticket removed without going back to Utah in court in person. I live in Los Angeles and the ticket is from Utah. Or maybe I should just keep on driving for Lyft.
It may cost you but, you can hire a legal team to go to the court in Utah for you and try to get it removed from your records

·
Registered
368 Posts
Help me understand this. I always assumed a minor speeding ticket wouldn't matter so much. If you're less than 15 mph over the speed limit, you wouldn't think it would matter. Could see them only allowing one ticket like that. But they will actually deactivate you for just one ticket? Or was it because you just started driving for Uber?

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Even if the ticket got dismissed, it stays on your driving record.

If you paid the fine it sounds like you pled guilty, either way it still stays on record.

Reactions: Yomann

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
hi guys,
I just applied for driving Uber and even before my first ride my account got waitlisted. When I tried to contact the support they couldn't tell me why. I have to wait for two weeks for no reason. After I went there in person to talk with the support they told me that I have a speeding ticket from three months back which I already paid but it's still in my driving history. Do you have any Idea how to get this ticket removed without going back to Utah in court in person. I live in Los Angeles and the ticket is from Utah. Or maybe I should just keep on driving for Lyft.
One speeding ticket should not disqualify you. Maybe there is more to the story.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
It depends more on what they ask for. Some jobs asked me for a 7 year driving record and some have asked for a lifetime driving record.

·
Registered
581 Posts
One speeding ticket should not disqualify you. Maybe there is more to the story.
Was it a speeding ticket going 53 in a 45 or was it really a reckless endangerment charge when you were driving 85 in a 45 and you simplified it by calling it a speeding ticket?

Although my guess is the New Orleans market has enough drivers and they don't want or need unnecessary drama. Why take on a driver with a speeding record (even if it is only 1) when there are a dozen other applicants with no record.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts