Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

waiting????

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  sbstar07 
#1 ·
I have one pax in a car he says we need to get his gf on the way we come to the spot and she s taking for ever ,what to do to also not get 1*from the person,as waiting for her to be done with make up on sat night is not fun and my waste of money and time?
Plz any idea?

#8 ·
Beauty is only skin deep. Ugly goes all the way to the bone...it takes longer.

I have one pax in a car he says we need to get his gf on the way we come to the spot and she s taking for ever ,what to do to also not get 1*from the person,as waiting for her to be done with make up on sat night is not fun and my waste of money and time?
Plz any idea?
You really have two choices, and I would opt for a combination.

First, Steve's idea above -- do NOT start the trip until everyone is in your vehicle. You don't get paid for wait time with Uber, and canceled trips can't rate you.

Second, start a timer.

When the timer winds down to 0:00, ask the loving boyfriend: "So, where are you folks going tonight?"

If the trip is worthwhile, wait for the princess.

If not, "I'm sorry -- it's busy, and I can't wait any longer. Buh-bye!" (or "Uber automatically does this; I can't help it." Whichever works for you.)

#5 ·
At the end of five minutes I cancel. Collect my $5. Tell the rider he must now re-order, and start the five minute clock again. I lie and tell pax that Uber AUTOMATICALLY cancels after five minutes, I have no control over that.
If he doesn't want to reorder, then he gotta get out.
Simple.

Yea, I might get a one star, but I don't give a ****. I am there for $'s, not *'s.

#6 ·
At the end of five minutes I cancel. Collect my $5. Tell the rider he must now re-order, and start the five minute clock again. I lie and tell pax that Uber AUTOMATICALLY cancels after five minutes, I have no control over that.
If he doesn't want to reorder, then he gotta get out.
Simple.

Yea, I might get a one star, but I don't give a &%$@!*. I am there for $'s, not *'s.
Thx

#9 ·
I was called to the airport in Redding. A very, as in very small airport.
I pull up, hit the timer. At three minutes I send, "Your Uber car has arrived" via text.
Pax runs out of the terminal and up to my passenger side window and says, "I don't know what the heck is going on, but they're having trouble getting my luggage out of the plane."
(It's probably a bi-plane, circa 1932 - and the luggage is strapped to the wing)
I said, "Uber will automatically cancel at five minutes. But, I will wait and you can re-order when you're ready."
He said, "Good. Thanks."
At 5:05 I canx. $5.
At 5:07 he gets in the car, orders a ride that I accept and we're off ... for a $30 ride.
We get there and he says, "Thank you so much for waiting, I really appreciate it" and hands me a $20.

#12 ·
I just wait. When you're waiting one minute does SEEM like 5, but I have a lot of stuff going on in my phone. Chess games and wordfeud... Some even with old Pax! I use my time wisely so I don't feel like it's wasted. Heck even twitter or the news can be quite engaging or this app! If I'm busy doing ME stuff then I'm not getting irritated or resentful at them for their stuff. :)

#19 ·
First, Steve's idea above -- do NOT start the trip until everyone is in your vehicle. You don't get paid for wait time with Uber, and canceled trips can't rate you.

In the Chicago area at least, Uber does payfor waiting tine after 3 minuted.
Uber pays for wait time nationwide, but not if you cancel.

#22 ·
I pulled up to a townhouse last night. 2 people talking in the driveway next door to the house number I was supposed to pick up from, completely ignoring me. At two minutes of waiting, I call the passenger....phone rings, one of the two picks up. Questions whether I 'have any patience, we will be right out'.....mmmmkay.....her conversation continues for 3 more minutes....uber tells me I may now cancel as I have waited 5 minutes....Hell yeah.

Cancel and drive off.

Next ride, a 1.9x surge and a $20 tip from next rider.

#23 ·
I pulled up to a townhouse last night. 2 people talking in the driveway next door to the house number I was supposed to pick up from, completely ignoring me. At two minutes of waiting, I call the passenger....phone rings, one of the two picks up. Questions whether I 'have any patience, we will be right out'.....mmmmkay.....her conversation continues for 3 more minutes....uber tells me I may now cancel as I have waited 5 minutes....Hell yeah.

Cancel and drive off.

Next ride, a 1.9x surge and a $20 tip from next rider.
Make them respect your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.