Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Newbie here. My question is when is the cancellation fees kick in? I got a ping after dropped off at Venetian for a pick up at Wynn. Once there, no PAX. I gave them a no show. And I got $0.00. Please help with what is the maximum waiting time for the PAX before the fees kick in? Do we, drivers, have to do anything to get pay for waiting?

Thanx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi everyone,

Newbie here. My question is when is the cancellation fees kick in? I got a ping after dropped off at Venetian for a pick up at Wynn. Once there, no PAX. I gave them a no show. And I got $0.00. Please help with what is the maximum waiting time for the PAX before the fees kick in? Do we, drivers, have to do anything to get pay for waiting?

Thanx
wait at least 5 minutes and cancel and you will get it, but I do 6 minutes just to be safe

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Got to the RIO a couple of days ago and then said I was there. Called the pax out of courtesy and he told me he was cancelling because they wanted an SUV. Pissed me off because I was 3 min into the wait.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Got to the RIO a couple of days ago and then said I was there. Called the pax out of courtesy and he told me he was cancelling because they wanted an SUV. Pissed me off because I was 3 min into the wait.
I text them or call them when I see it will benefit me.......like if it's 2.x surge or to complete my 100 trips to collect that $250 bucks. I always give them 6 minutes b4 I cancel their trip.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thay have only 5 minutes to cancel without a cancellation fee after they request you, so you probably still got paid.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've never seen an arrive button in uber. On iPhone there is only start ride. Lyft lets you arrive and a countdown starts automatically.
We have it on Android - "Confirm that you have arrived", it's above "Start ride" and it changes to "You have arrived" or something like that when you arrive, otherwise you have to press it yourself before you can start the ride.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Thay have only 5 minutes to cancel without a cancellation fee after they request you, so you probably still got paid.
I have gotten paid several times 6 minutes into 10 minute drives to pickups near Nellis. The system does work most of the time, and when it doesn't, an email to support with enough detail for them to identify the trip request will get me paid. I also get trips upgraded to XL when they show up with more than 4 people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts