Uber Drivers Forum banner

Waiting at stops, how long do you guys wait

5522 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  elelegido
At stops I’ll let them know it’s Ubers policy that stops are limited to 5 minutes, even though I believe it’s 3. I’m generous. I’ve only had to leave a passenger once in my 2 months with Uber. I actually gave her 6 minutes, it was a garbage trip, less than 1 mile to pick the kid up at school and return home. Let her get another Uber. We get paid pennies for time, and I’ll never let them leave anything in the car, I’ll let them know it’s against Ubers policy. I’m upfront with the waiting time, that I have other passengers, I’m very polite but firm. I’m not letting anyone take advantage of me.
Reactions: 2
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Thats the way too do it. Ill give 5 minutes as well. Another thing I do is let them know we do not receive the extra rev on their stop and that Guber pockets it. I tell them too remove it as it benefits neither of us. Most of the time they give it too me in a tip.
I’d like to add that I’m not one of those that lives in fear of the one star rating if I leave them. They can shove that 1 start up their azz. I see some drivers bend over backwards to avoid one star. I’ve been doing this 2 months I’ve only got 1 one star rating. It was un warranted as the ***** wanted to get me $20 cash to take her the a second location off the app, it was 40 miles away. I told her it has to go through the app, she said I’m giving you one star as she got out. Of course I gave her one star, ducking *****.
Reactions: 3
1. Airport runs I'll wait till they show or 15min. If they ain't ready by then the just ain't ready. Plus they are usually generous when you do... Usually.

2. I get a lot of repeat customers so I'll wait longer when I know it's a for sure thing. This is mostly repeat worker drop offs.

3. Restaurants, bars, etc. 5 minutes. If you text me checking out now when I get there... No mercy.

4. 10 minute or better pickup times. Unless it's a repeat customer.. No mercy

5. CTBs when they pay Enough..... No mercy

6. CTB last trip after time is up ill wait till I feel salty.
For Lyft medical rides I wait a few extra minutes unless it's going to 150 Brick Blvd or 2001 Rt 37. Then I wait as long as needed. These riders seem to be generous to a fault and so much fun to be near.
1. Airport runs I'll wait till they show or 15min. If they ain't ready by then the just ain't ready. Plus they are usually generous when you do... Usually.

2. I get a lot of repeat customers so I'll wait longer when I know it's a for sure thing. This is mostly repeat worker drop offs.

3. Restaurants, bars, etc. 5 minutes. If you text me checking out now when I get there... No mercy.

4. 10 minute or better pickup times. Unless it's a repeat customer.. No mercy

5. CTBs when they pay Enough..... No mercy

6. CTB last trip after time is up ill wait till I feel salty.
CTB?
as soon as the red triangle appears, I cancel.
  • Love
Reactions: 5
Continuous trip bonus

You might see it as a $4 for 3.
Reactions: 1
Continuous trip bonus

You might see it as a $4 for 3.
I have yet to see this, I only see streaks on Lyft. I’ll sometimes see $4 bonuses on trips in the Trenton area at times I normally don’t work.
to elaborate, it's not about being nice, we as uber drivers cannot afford to be nice, for our safety and for our income. First of all if a customer does not respect your time, then they are not going to respect your vehicle, second of all, a lot of paxholes are con artists, we have no idea if we are being set up, but it is more likely to come from a paxhole that has no respect for you or your time.
Reactions: 2
At stops I’ll let them know it’s Ubers policy that stops are limited to 5 minutes, even though I believe it’s 3. I’m generous. I’ve only had to leave a passenger once in my 2 months with Uber. I actually gave her 6 minutes, it was a garbage trip, less than 1 mile to pick the kid up at school and return home. Let her get another Uber. We get paid pennies for time, and I’ll never let them leave anything in the car, I’ll let them know it’s against Ubers policy. I’m upfront with the waiting time, that I have other passengers, I’m very polite but firm. I’m not letting anyone take advantage of me.
Stops are usually 3 to 5 minutes, unless they offer to pick me up a sandwich and drink too or offer cash compensation. Stops are not stops if all riders leave the vehicle, then by both Uber and Lyft rules, the ride has ended, complete the trip and drive away, unless of course it is a good XL trip and you want to keep it...
5 minutes max for a stop. Most pax are very understanding. Some even delete the second stop so I don't have to cancel on them.
Stops are usually 3 to 5 minutes, unless they offer to pick me up a sandwich and drink too or offer cash compensation. Stops are not stops if all riders leave the vehicle, then by both Uber and Lyft rules, the ride has ended, complete the trip and drive away, unless of course it is a good XL trip and you want to keep it...
I had a pax today with a stop at a bank. I assumed she’d be a couple of minutes, at the 9 minute mark, I wrote a text telling her stops were limited to 3 minutes and she’s now going on 10 minutes, at the 10 minute mark I was going to send it to her and drive off and end the trip, as the rest of the trip was a mile away. She came out, didn’t even apologize for taking so long, so I gave her 3 stars. I think the ***** gave me 4 stars, since I got my first 4 star rating today, I wonder if it was retaliation. I’m not worried so much, because I have 1 one star rating from a ****, and a 3 star from a mystery pax. And the rest are 5 stars.
I had a pax today with a stop at a bank. I assumed she’d be a couple of minutes, at the 9 minute mark, I wrote a text telling her stops were limited to 3 minutes and she’s now going on 10 minutes, at the 10 minute mark I was going to send it to her and drive off and end the trip, as the rest of the trip was a mile away. She came out, didn’t even apologize for taking so long, so I gave her 3 stars. I think the * gave me 4 stars, since I got my first 4 star rating today, I wonder if it was retaliation. I’m not worried so much, because I have 1 one star rating from a ****, and a 3 star from a mystery pax. And the rest are 5 stars.
Don't worry about your ratings. They will rate you 1 star just cause your not The same Color.

Had a bad day and want to spread their misery.

Any day ends with a y.

Cause you didn't ask if they wanted a reach around with the water you did not provide or gum you didn't offer.

They like rap but you have it on R&B.

College kids looking for an excuse to get a refunded or discounted ride.

The sun's shinning.

The moons out.

It's night time.

They are pissed you wouldn't take 5 in a sedan that only covers 3 insurance wise.

Did I Mention if the day ends in y?
See less See more
Reactions: 4
There is no hard and fast rule. It depends how attractive the next ride segment after the stop is. If it's the return leg of a three-block min fare run to the local liquor store, meaning that I would get paid $0 extra for waiting and running them back home then I will end the trip as soon as the pax is out of the car. $0 = 0 wait.

If it's a decent ride, especially a surge ride, then the amount of time I will wait is proportional to the value of the post-wait fare.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.