Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a delivery for Wait in car timer expired and the customer does not show up can you just complete the trip and drive away with the food? Do you need to call support for this?

·
Premium Member
8,489 Posts
As long as you started the timer Yes. No need to call support.

I always try to get as close to the pin as possible. Also, while you are waiting 7 mins send a few texts in the app saying "I've arrived" so it will be logged.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
As long as you started the timer Yes. No need to call support.

I always try to get as close to the pin as possible. Also, while you are waiting 7 mins send a few texts in the app saying "I've arrived" so it will be logged.
But how do you complete the trip and get paid? What button or option to press after the timer expired?
While the timer started the countdown I texted "I've arrived" and called multiple times and the sucker didn't answered and finally I gave up and drove away for next pickup. Took the food home and the sushi ($65 worth) tasted absolutely delicious. And it's complimenting pretty well with pumpkin mocha from starbuck (they handed me extra bag which contained 2 pumpkin mocha from a difference order).

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
In my market (NYC) the timer is 8 minutes and once it expires, a red warning cone would pop up asking me to end the trip. You still get paid minus the expected tip and it still counts if you're quest chasing

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But how do you complete the trip and get paid? What button or option to press after the timer expired?
While the timer started the countdown I texted "I've arrived" and called multiple times and the sucker didn't answered and finally I gave up and drove away for next pickup. Took the food home and the sushi ($65 worth) tasted absolutely delicious.
While the timer started the countdown I texted "I've arrived" and called multiple times and the sucker didn't answered and finally I gave up and drove away for next pickup. Took the food home and the sushi ($65 worth) tasted absolutely delicious.
In my market (NYC) the timer is 8 minutes and once it expires, a red warning cone would pop up asking me to end the trip. You still get paid minus the expected tip and it still counts if you're quest chasing
Yes I hit that red button to end the trip.

·
5,880 Posts
Timer in my market is 8 minutes and only starts when I try to call the PAX. I have never made it past more than 3 minutes so no idea what happens at the end of 8 minutes.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
The ‘drop-of’f timer is market dependent. I don’t have the timer that initiates when in the residence vicinity. The Max wait time is 8 minutes, with a one minute warning.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And what about "meet at door"? The same is applied as to "wait in car"? Start the timer and text/call and the customer doesn't response and show up drive away with the food?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Wow Tim, you’re really trying to scrape for that free food, huh? The timer starts no matter what when you’re within the GPS vicinity of the residence. It stops when you’re 500 feet or further away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts