Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber finally did something good for the driver. They are charging the customer and paying us the $16 return toll.

Who says uber treats its drivers like scum ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you have to ask for it or was it automatically added? I wish they would break down the tolls so we can verify. Also, do we get reimbursed at the EZ Pass rates or the cash rate?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been automatically added the last 4 times I've done it. You get $16 and pay $11.05 with a NY ezpass

There is no discount with a NJ ezpass

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
This has been in place a few weeks now. They got tired of drivers asking for the $16 each time. They include it in the NJ cities rates blurb, even though they no longer show rates on the website they still include the blurb. They have also been charging passengers an extra $1 for every trip into and out of EWR, however Uber keeps all that money, driver doesn't see any, it's part of the booking fee that we don't see any longer either. All tolls that I have been reimbursed for are always at cash rates, with the exception of Hudson river crossings, that has always been $20. Tolls shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, just make sure they pay you for all the tolls. I know they have been missing the 18 E and W tolls lately.

upload_2016-6-30_8-33-5.png

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I'd like to think I helped with the $16 toll reimbursement for the Verrazano. I had a Bay Ridge trip from Jersey that put me on the Brooklyn side of the Verrazano (no toll) at 4:30PM (weekday). I only got the standard $20 for a NYC trip. I wasn't about to fight my way through Brooklyn to the Holland tunnel at that hour, so I went back the way I came. I petitioned Uber to give back the $16 toll for the return. First response was to inform me that $2.00 was added to my account "for missing toll charges". Of course I replied that this was not enough to cover a $16 toll. Second response from Uber resulted in my getting the $14 balance. Glad to see this is being reimbursed properly now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts