Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July 2015, City Council directed staff to undertake a review of ridesharing technologies in Toronto. Among other things, this work includes understanding the interests of the public in the technology and services that Uber provides. The findings of this research will result in a report, expected at the September 18, 2015 meeting of the Licensing and Standards Committee.

There are two surveys, each for a different target, in Phase 2. At the moment there is no measure in place to prevent someone who is not in the taxicab/limousine industry to take part in the Industry Survey. Also, there's nothing stopping a New Yorker, for example, from taking a survey more than once.

The following link offers a demonstration of the lack of measures against misuse and abuse in the two separate surveys of the Ground Transportation Review. These vulnerabilities render the surveys meaningless.

<

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm surprised no media outlet has covered this story. What bothers me is that the public is being fooled by the MLS into thinking that our opinions matter.

Vanessa Fletcher said in a recent interview, "We're just trying to get a sense of the public's opinion around these new types of technologies."

Unless there are measures in place to prevent misuse and abuse the results are bound to offer a false sense of the public's opinion, if they are considered at all.

While the mainstream media has turned our attention on the battle between the taxicab/limousine industry and Uber, this is really a city matter, and far too often Torontonians are acquiescent when it comes to major public policies.

We invite you to join us at

Due to the forum limitation on new members I am unable to insert an url link in my posts/replies, please type the address in your address bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts