Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 2 cents:
I have it on my devices and have tested it at home. That being said, I am not ready to put it in my car (with the associated costs for data use, power cords and mounting) until they get some more content for the LV area on their screens.
Appears to be only PSAs from the Ad Council thus far, maybe it will get better.
The 'Tip Your Driver' button is there but I wonder how well it will work because all it does is prompt passenger to enter their e-mail address, then it e-mails them a PayPal invoice which they may or may not pay at a later time/date.
~Dunk

·
Banned
41 Posts
I would say terrible idea. I had some customers saying how they liked the fact they weren't forced to watch advertisements like a cab has. Sitting in back seat and force fed commercials? I would say the couple of extra dollars an hour would not be worth it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Uber passengers, I guess don't carry cash?
They do BUT uber drivers dont DESERVE it according to the cheap PAx....I saw a cab pulled in front of me last week at belagio dropped off a pax, came ot and open the trunk to get the sitcase and the guy took his time to reach his wallet, opened it took out a $5 and handed it to the cab driver.....this all took a good 2-3 minutes as the guy intentionally took his wallet out....now if it was Uber ...uber driver opens the trunk, the suit case out and helps the dude walk to the side, the dude wold say....Thanks buddy...will give u 5 star...then he will go up and 2 days later rate him a mere 3 or 4.................welcome to driving for UBER and UBER saying no need to tip.........................on the other hand I picked up a lady and she was very quite...didnt say any thing dropped her off and she reache dover and gave me a $10 saying thank you

·
Registered
417 Posts
They do BUT uber drivers dont DESERVE it according to the cheap PAx....I saw a cab pulled in front of me last week at belagio dropped off a pax, came ot and open the trunk to get the sitcase and the guy took his time to reach his wallet, opened it took out a $5 and handed it to the cab driver.....this all took a good 2-3 minutes as the guy intentionally took his wallet out....now if it was Uber ...uber driver opens the trunk, the suit case out and helps the dude walk to the side, the dude wold say....Thanks buddy...will give u 5 star...then he will go up and 2 days later rate him a mere 3 or 4.................welcome to driving for UBER and UBER saying no need to tip.........................on the other hand I picked up a lady and she was very quite...didnt say any thing dropped her off and she reache dover and gave me a $10 saying thank you
The quite ones are the one you have more chances getting tips, the one that ask questions are the cheap ones

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't know Vugo was available in Las Vegas now.
I tried it some months ago, and I remember them saying it wasn't available.

That being said, I wonder if having it in the front seat and you just clicking on ads would be the better way to get revenue, since the tipping part doesn't work so well?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm happy that I found this forum. I was considering giving Vugo a try but after reading this thread (and others) I won't be bothering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts