Uber Drivers Forum banner

Are you with me? Lets 4* Star rate non tippers, and 5 Star only those that Tip!

• 5 Star everyone, regardless of tip.

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • 4 Star those that don't tip, if we get a tip, ask Uber to change rating.

Votes: 47 52.8%
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VOTE ON THIS: Today I had a lady that smelled like smoke when she got in the car. I couldn't wait until she got out, was about a 15 min ride, about a $10 fare. I 4* stared her. Then a couple hours later, I got a $3 tip from her. I contacted Uber support in the app, under problem with my fare, there is an option for Other problem. I selected that, and asked them to change her rating to 5 star.

I think I will 4 star everyone from now on, and the few that give tips, I will change it to 5 star. Was easy. This will add another element of ratings, when we see high ratings, we will know that this person might be a tipper.

Wonder if of you guys are with me on this?

TIP: Here is an idea. End the trip a little early. Its flat rate anyways, they look at the phone when it dings. They then start filling it out and rating you, and then see tipping option while they are still in the car, and your ride hasn't finished yet, they feel guilty. They tip, you say thank you everyone is happy. Started doing this today.

SIDE NOTE- Also had an American, wanted to see the Tesla acceleration, near the destination, I closed off the app, and gave him a little ride. He said he would tip me, but his app didn't allow it yet, he needs to upgrade, so he unloaded his wallet on me, a pile of US $1 bills and a $5, added up to $13 US TIP, worth about $17 CND. Not bad for 1 block of acceleration, I don't mind sometimes. why have a Tesla if you can't enjoy it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
VOTE ON THIS: Today I had a lady that smelled like smoke when she got in the car. I couldn't wait until she got out, was about a 15 min ride, about a $10 fare. I 4* stared her. Then a couple hours later, I got a $3 tip from her. I contacted Uber support in the app, under problem with my fare, there is an option for Other problem. I selected that, and asked them to change her rating to 5 star.

I think I will 4 star everyone from now on, and the few that give tips, I will change it to 5 star. Was easy. This will add another element of ratings, when we see high ratings, we will know that this person might be a tipper.

Wonder if of you guys are with me on this?

SIDE NOTE- Also had an American, wanted to see the Tesla acceleration, near the destination, I closed off the app, and gave him a little ride. He said he would tip me, but his app didn't allow it yet, he needs to upgrade, so he unloaded his wallet on me, a pile of US $1 bills and a $5, added up to $13 US TIP, worth about $17 CND. Not bad for 1 block of acceleration, I don't mind sometimes. why have a Tesla if you can't enjoy it.
You should've let him borrow Tesla for a day for another $20 ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SELECT, Normally is probably like 1 in 20 undre normal circumstances, but I have some secret locations that increase those odds for me. Those that know me, know that I don't drive even part time. Just to and from work. But thankfully where I work, If I just keep it on SELECT all day, while I am in the office working away, I will get usually 1 ping or 2 a day for SELECT. I take the opportunity and sneak out for my lunch and do some errands after the ping, I am self employed by the way. I got such pings everyday this week, each SELECT ride was $50-$60 my share after HST. With this and my normal commute to work and home. Just for doing that, and lunch hour run, I am at $300 this week so far, in 3 days. I average about $700 to $1,000 a month just for driving to work and home. Pays for 1/2 my car. BTW< the gas savings pays for the other half the car. FREE CAR.

·
Registered
151 Posts
SELECT, Normally is probably like 1 in 20 undre normal circumstances, but I have some secret locations that increase those odds for me. Those that know me, know that I don't drive even part time. Just to and from work. But thankfully where I work, If I just keep it on SELECT all day, while I am in the office working away, I will get usually 1 ping or 2 a day for SELECT. I take the opportunity and sneak out for my lunch and do some errands after the ping, I am self employed by the way. I got such pings everyday this week, each SELECT ride was $50-$60 my share after HST. With this and my normal commute to work and home. Just for doing that, and lunch hour run, I am at $300 this week so far, in 3 days. I average about $700 to $1,000 a month just for driving to work and home. Pays for 1/2 my car. BTW< the gas savings pays for the other half the car. FREE CAR.
Nice. How much does your Tesla cost in terms of electricity bill per month

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice!, hey for select only... do you need at least 300 rated trips? or is that a bs I heard from the csr?
I think that is right 300 rated trips average 4.7.

Nice. How much does your Tesla cost in terms of electricity bill per month
Electricity is 80% cheaper than fuel, but I pay $0, I charge for free at free chargers around town.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I average about $700 to $1,000 a month just for driving to work and home. Pays for 1/2 my car. BTW< the gas savings pays for the other half the car. FREE CAR.
You used to spend $1000 per month on gas? :eek:o_O

In terms of ratings, I go back and downrate the trips that I felt were 5 star/I went out of my way to make the experience for the pax when I get home.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Ill 5 star them.
Lets be honest. Its too late in the life of uber to do this successfully. Youd have to have alot of new people with new accounts to run this precisely. This will lower peoples ratings and when u get a pax in high 3s you wont know if hes a wack case or just a person who doesnt tip.
Ill keep five starring peopleas long as they dont nag me or ask for extras

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For me a non tipper is not a 5 star. If they don't look at their phone enought to Tip me, they won't notice I 4 stared them either. In restuarant industry you don't tip, you are the lowest of the low, we need to get back there. Just because Uber for the last few years, made it normal not to tip Uber, while Taxi and everyone else gets tips. We need to change that. I am 4 staring everyone from now on. As most don't tip, those that give cash tip will get 5 star, and if a few tip me later, I will ask Uber to change it.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts