Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first puker this weekend. I was wondering how much people got from the cleaning fees for exterior vomit/messes only. Nothing was really inside my car. I was expecting $150+ but I got $40 the first time then argued for more and got another $40. Sent in a 3rd argue and awaiting their response, maybe these BOTS send me another $40 lol. It was 4 kids I know over the 3pax limit but I was quest chasing and had a little $5 surge attached !!

It was late at night maybe 2am and cold 30degrees. I kept driving because I needed 2 more rides and couldn't be bother to finish it the next day. The last 2 riders thankfully went on the right side getting in my car and not on the left side lol. If anyone mentioned it I would've played it off like I didn't know. Pretty scummy but whatever. Also because I waited 1-2hrs I was trying to clean this sh*t off at 4am. Terrible, smelly and disgusting but at least I got $80

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,024 Posts
Sometimes that exterior fee is shit @$80 I was driving on a very busy nights years ago. Super cold out. He threw up on outside. $40 fee to hard on car to get off lost the 4× surges.. the shit was stuck on my car

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
I've never even thought to argue, always gotten $40 for those and been thankful they didn't get the inside of the car.
I keep cleaning supplies in the car so it's usually just a 3-5 minute delay before it's clean enough to move on and I'll give it a spritz next day in the driveway. Get out, take pics, take extra pics, file claim, clean up, get back to it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never even thought to argue, always gotten $40 for those and been thankful they didn't get the inside of the car.
I keep cleaning supplies in the car so it's usually just a 3-5 minute delay before it's clean enough to move on and I'll give it a spritz next day in the driveway. Get out, take pics, take extra pics, file claim, clean up, get back to it.
You just have to harness your inner Karen and complain. Honestly think these are bots I'm responding too anyway
Font Screenshot Darkness Multimedia Terrestrial plant

·
Premium Member
7,511 Posts
Do Not let people put the window down to puke while driving. The uninlightened thinks it’s much better but if you’re car is still moving then you’ll get blowback and risk it going down the inside of your door pad. If the window goes down pull over immediately and stop. Get them out of the car to puke.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
This is why I don’t drive past 8pm or sunset (whichever is later) anymore. I don’t need pukers, they don’t tip and the mess they make is constant like this. You shouldn’t of even gotten the extra $40. If it’s all outside the car then you can just hose it off or go through the car wash. Be lucky you got the extra cash and if they can’t walk straight then don’t let them in your car. There is drinking responsibly and there is this, don’t let them use your car as a $20k barf bag

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I have had one puker. She got most of it out of the car on the door but a little on the top of the door and on the arm rest. It was a huge NYE surge over 6, I almost wanted to complete the ride since it would have been 20 + miles, but her boyfriend and she exited. A few photo, the report and then a quick squeegee job at Exxon and I was back on the road. I woke up to a $100 cleaning fee.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do Not let people put the window down to puke while driving. The uninlightened thinks it’s much better but if you’re car is still moving then you’ll get blowback and risk it going down the inside of your door pad. If the window goes down pull over immediately and stop. Get them out of the car to puke.
yeah i get it but it was 5ppl in the car, heats been going all night, been driving for 7hours, so car is stuffy i get the window rolling down. They were all talking have a good time then silent out of nowhere - i didnt hear any hurling at all. unreal i must be deaf lol

This is why I don’t drive past 8pm or sunset (whichever is later) anymore. I don’t need pukers, they don’t tip and the mess they make is constant like this. You shouldn’t of even gotten the extra $40. If it’s all outside the car then you can just hose it off or go through the car wash. Be lucky you got the extra cash and if they can’t walk straight then don’t let them in your car. There is drinking responsibly and there is this, don’t let them use your car as a $20k barf bag
My shift unfortunately starts at 8pm lol and I go to about 4am on Fri & Sat. its unfortunately the best time in Chicago and for myself. Look at what I made this weekend, without the $80 to that. I've tried 8am and5pm rush hours, its literally garbage you sit in traffic and hate your life. I guess nights has their cons too... can get robbed... pukers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
yeah i get it but it was 5ppl in the car, heats been going all night, been driving for 7hours, so car is stuffy i get the window rolling down. They were all talking have a good time then silent out of nowhere - i didnt hear any hurling at all. unreal i must be deaf lol

My shift unfortunately starts at 8pm lol and I go to about 4am on Fri & Sat. its unfortunately the best time in Chicago and for myself. Look at what I made this weekend, without the $80 to that. I've tried 8am and5pm rush hours, its literally garbage you sit in traffic and hate your life. I guess nights has their cons too... can get robbed... pukers
I used to make decent money at night, there were surges and no traffic, then they adjusted the mileage down, the surges stopped and I actually made more money sitting in traffic during the day then at night. Plus lower robbery and puker risks. I got fed up with the almost nightly can you pull over requests. They are filthy and I couldn't stand it anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts