Uber Drivers Forum banner

Videos of how to get to some of the PU/DO spots

17K views 98 replies 48 participants last post by  ARPTHEFUTURE 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi.

If you are a new driver, you should review the handy spreadsheet in this forum. But I thought I might contribute another resource.

I got a dashcam and as I get pick-ups, I can add videos of each of the locations. Nothing new here for anyone who has been doing this, but maybe the newest drivers might find it handy.

Encore:
Elara:
Linq (From Koval):
SLS Paradise Entrance:

If people seem to think this is useful, I may add more as I do pickups.

Edited to add: Vdara:

#4 ·
Wow THIS is why I think this forum was created! I cannot commend you enough for doing this for your fellow drivers who are also your direct competition! Well done sir! There are a few of you (like Grandpa) that really do a lot of extra stuff to help people out when you don't have to. I have a friend who is only in to his 7th ride but is actually afraid to go to the strip because he knows how difficult it is knowing all the places to drop/PU but I can't wait to show him this!!!! You are awesome!

#11 ·
I'm building karma at a vastly accelerated rate, then. :)

A job well done!!! Very very helpful!! Anything for MGM? They pax do not want to walk to the garage so have always got cancelled on when I tell them where the pickup area is.
If I get a pickup there, I will add it. I didn't do any special trips for these, they were just regular pickups.

As soon as I get an MGM pax, I'll post-it.

#19 ·
EEK. I had stop three times in the last two days to reset the UBER Pick-up sign near the East Valet on level two. Then I spoke with a security guard who told me in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that we are NOT to pick up at the main entrance. I asked how the pax are being directed to the approved pick-up area. He said that the front desk should be telling people. They are not. Neither is SIGNAGE in the lobby directing people in any way to the East Valet.

The rider at the main entrance I cancelled the other day told me "I got three Uber rides out of here yesterday". This indicates one of three things 1) customers lie! This is probably a good rule of thumb to remember in ANY industry 2) Some drivers cheat and get away with it. At least until they get caught. But this puts a very bad spotlight on all of us trying to accommodate the resorts' rules. or 3) the management of the traffic at the main entrance is seriously flawed and allows the TNCs to pick-up in a thoroughly random manner which does nothing good for anyone.

MGM should be one of our best sites. It is huge and it is at the extreme end of the strip. We GOT to work out something with these guys that will stick and will be good for everyone's bottom line.

#16 ·
Very helpful. Thank you. Like UberkenLV's friend I too am puting off going to the Strip for that very reason. I used to work security at Circus and The Palazzo/Venitian so I've been on the other side off the fence. Once again thank you.
If I may, what brand and where did you get the dash cam. Very good quality video. I have surveillance inside the car to CMA but I think a dash cam would be good too.

#21 ·
Apparently I can't add more than 5 videos in a post, so I'm adding more here.

Bellagio.

Rio

Stratosphere
Once again, thank you for your time and efforts making these vid clips for the new drivers (like me).
Inspired by by the vids, I went on a day trip of the strip on Thursday AM using my inside cam adapted to a dash cam and visited many P/U -D/O areas that I had never been to before. I used the spread sheet on this forum, which is very accurite, and memories of your vids. All of which was a huge help. I didn't get to go to all the locations listed but quite a few of them.
The only addtion I would make is to the Palazzo P2 parking level stagging area. It be accessed from Sands Bvld easier that the strip entrance. P2 is clearly marked, you make a right turn into that level, make a couple of rights turns and then a left to the hotel elevators.

#27 ·
Wow THIS is why I think this forum was created! I cannot commend you enough for doing this for your fellow drivers who are also your direct competition! Well done sir! There are a few of you (like Grandpa) that really do a lot of extra stuff to help people out when you don't have to. I have a friend who is only in to his 7th ride but is actually afraid to go to the strip because he knows how difficult it is knowing all the places to drop/PU but I can't wait to show him this!!!! You are awesome!
ABSOLUTELY!! We have to help each other since Daddy Uber won't. Too bad you guys don't get paid for doing Travis's lackeys work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.