Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got suspended by Veyo. I guess you have accept all trips offered or they suspend you. They sent me a bunch of warnings but I thought I was an independent contractor. I tried to convey this to them but they didn't see the logic in waiting for a closer fare. My decline rate was round 50% but they want a least 80% acceptance. Took the lecture and got reinstated. I'll be looking for a new job come summer. Veyo will be real slow then with 1200 drivers.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, management at Total Transit has no clue about the reality of dispatching a driver from 4+ miles away in rush hour traffic. It's not a good deal for the driver or the pax. One big reason I went back to driving a cab...

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, management at Total Transit has no clue about the reality of dispatching a driver from 4+ miles away in rush hour traffic. It's not a good deal for the driver or the pax. One big reason I went back to driving a cab...
I would love to paint my car green and go back to driving cab but the industry is changing to fast. Who knows how it will all play out. I hope uber loses the California lawsuit and gets regulated with driver rights.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why drive my car 7 miles in rush hour when I can wait two minutes for a call that's close. They don't care cause it's not their expense or wear and tear.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Veyo is an extension of Discount Cab, and utilizes the same (disfunctional) dispatch department. Many of the fares that are dispatched from Veyo/Discount Cab are broken. Double-dispatched, customer moved, the reasons are endless. While Veyo indeed offers $1.15 p/mile, the quality of the fares are well beyond sub-par.

My most-recent fare f'kup was when I arrived to pick up a passenger, got them in the car, only to find out that that the pickup address was the destination address, and that another Veyo driver had the CORRECT fare. What a bunch of f'kups at Veyo/Discount cab, ffs.

A common issue that is echoed at Veyo/Discount Cab is that we are paid as independent contractors, but required to follow rules as an employee.
Heads-up - a former high-level Discount Cab employee put the screws to the company regarding the disconnect of employee-vs-independent contractor and was PAID OFF by Discount Cab to cease-and-desist from further disruptive agitation on the matter.

If you are a Veyo driver, let all Veyo cronies know that you are willing to pursue CLASS ACTION against Veyo, much as Uber and Lyft have done. This is a startup company funded by Discount Cab's parent company Total Transit, and they are noobs. Pull together and put the screws to these rookies and let them know you have RIGHTS as an independent contractor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would love to paint my car green and go back to driving cab but the industry is changing to fast. Who knows how it will all play out. I hope uber loses the California lawsuit and gets regulated with driver rights.
The industry is changing for sure, but people are not. The biggest problem the cab companies are facing is that they don't provide reliable service. They can change that by changing policies and practices.

For example: I was at Westgate after a game and there was a group of four standing at the corner as I came in, they asked for a ride and I told them that we could only pick up at the cab stand a short walk away. They didn't walk over to the cab stand and just stayed there and waited for their uber. This scenario is repeated time and again at Westgate and elsewhere. Pax will get in a cab if it's right there rather than waiting for an uber. Discount cab is sticking to their rigid practices without regard to what people want or need. They have done an absolutely horrible job with marketing in that they refuse to tailor their service to meet peoples needs...this applies to both drivers and pax.

Why drive my car 7 miles in rush hour when I can wait two minutes for a call that's close. They don't care cause it's not their expense or wear and tear.
Another example of bad marketing by total transit. They act as if they have a state sanctioned monopoly and they can do whatever they want. For the time being they are right. There is no way that their practices are sustainable.

We can also see the hypocrisy with regard to greenhouse gases because you are emitting more of them when you are driving more. You can take some comfort in that from a philosophical perspective those emissions are on their carbon footprint.

·
Registered
683 Posts
How much money are veyo drivers making? I see some upset posters but, its better money than uber? anyone?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Veyo is an extension of Discount Cab, and utilizes the same (disfunctional) dispatch department. Many of the fares that are dispatched from Veyo/Discount Cab are broken. Double-dispatched, customer moved, the reasons are endless. While Veyo indeed offers $1.15 p/mile, the quality of the fares are well beyond sub-par.

My most-recent fare f'kup was when I arrived to pick up a passenger, got them in the car, only to find out that that the pickup address was the destination address, and that another Veyo driver had the CORRECT fare. What a bunch of f'kups at Veyo/Discount cab, ffs.

A common issue that is echoed at Veyo/Discount Cab is that we are paid as independent contractors, but required to follow rules as an employee.
Heads-up - a former high-level Discount Cab employee put the screws to the company regarding the disconnect of employee-vs-independent contractor and was PAID OFF by Discount Cab to cease-and-desist from further disruptive agitation on the matter.

If you are a Veyo driver, let all Veyo cronies know that you are willing to pursue CLASS ACTION against Veyo, much as Uber and Lyft have done. This is a startup company funded by Discount Cab's parent company Total Transit, and they are noobs. Pull together and put the screws to these rookies and let them know you have RIGHTS as an independent contractor.
Lol...yeah Veyo is a bunch of noobs. Can't believe that the Total Transit leadership has turned over so much control of their business to them though.

I can't see suing anyone as a viable option though. The free market should eventuality take care of things.

The business world has seen many businesses go under when they tried to expand into something that they were not suited for. In this case a cab company trying to go into the software development business.

The app is just poorly conceived and implemented. There's good reason why driver don't like it and pax don't either... it just doesn't work as intended.

As for me, I am probably going to relocate in the next few months. I can't see surviving another Arizona summer with things the way they are.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much money are veyo drivers making? I see some upset posters but, its better money than uber? anyone?
Better than uber worse than cab. Market is starting to get flooded. 6 drivers were signing up in the half hour I was there. Figure 10 bucks an hour after expenses. Gross 15/ hr driving your car but i made over 15 driving cab after all expenses doing the same or less work. They want to add 1200 to 1500 drivers so it will suck soon. Cab market is also dead now with uber and Veyo. Changing careers soon with summer slow down coming. Good luck.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Better than uber worse than cab. Market is starting to get flooded. 6 drivers were signing up in the half hour I was there. Figure 10 bucks an hour after expenses. Gross 15/ hr driving your car but i made over 15 driving cab after all expenses doing the same or less work. They want to add 1200 to 1500 drivers so it will suck soon. Cab market is also dead now with uber and Veyo. Changing careers soon with summer slow down coming. Good luck.
How do the cab drivers feel about veyo? discount cab is cutting rhe throats of the people paying rent, wouldnt be hard to stir them up to strike i would imagine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The number of cars on the road for Veyo is going to be regulated by how much drivers make collectively, not by how many they want to sign up. My best guess is that they can only support about 200 with about 60% being retained for more than a few weeks at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The number of cars on the road for Veyo is going to be regulated by how much drivers make collectively, not by how many they want to sign up. My best guess is that they can only support about 200 with about 60% being retained for more than a few weeks at a time.
It crazy the number of Veyo drivers now. Most only work a few hours a day. They make a hundred and are happy. $100 in 5-6 hrs is easy the expenses won't show up for years down the road. I put away $250 a week or a grand a month for car expense. Discount knows that's what a car costs driving 80000-100000 miles a year. The mechanics there figure $20 a day is what it costs. That's why owner operators paid over $300 less a week for the lease. The car cost is transfered to the Veyo driver while making 33% less per mile than the cabs. It's a money grab for discount/Veyo. I'm stuck after buying a new car and then they dropped my compensation 20%. That's a grand a month for me working 60-70 hrs a week. I now work 25 days a month with Veyo to make what I made driving 14 days in a cab. I'm out as soon as I find a new job. It's not easy switching jobs after I did this for so long. Uber ruined the industry but life goes on.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I still have the car I bought for total transit and it's in the garage with the weights and measures sticker along with the commercial plate. Not going rip it up right now with Veyo. I'll wait until March 1st and then take from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts