Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the Athens/Atlanta GA area. I drive Uber with no problem so when I signed up for Lyft I thought it would be no problem getting 150 rides in 45 days. So far with 23 days left I've only been able to find 47 Lyft rides and time is running out. My Uber rides outnumber Lyft about 4 to 1 and on the days I drive exclusively for Lyft either here or in Atlanta I have gotten 6 rides at the most. Sometimes I go hours and hours with no Lyft hits at all. I move around, try different areas, etc. Any suggestions? I'm just about ready to give up on any bonus altogether. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I am in the Athens/Atlanta GA area. I drive Uber with no problem so when I signed up for Lyft I thought it would be no problem getting 150 rides in 45 days. So far with 23 days left I've only been able to find 47 Lyft rides and time is running out. My Uber rides outnumber Lyft about 4 to 1 and on the days I drive exclusively for Lyft either here or in Atlanta I have gotten 6 rides at the most. Sometimes I go hours and hours with no Lyft hits at all. I move around, try different areas, etc. Any suggestions? I'm just about ready to give up on any bonus altogether. Thank you for your help.
Lyft knows you're there. Unfortunately, the Bonus that you're referring to is a scam. They allow a few drivers to get it in order to call it "legitimate," but it's purpose is to recruit -- nothing more. When the clock strikes midnight and you feel beyond reproach, Lyft won't care -- they got what they wanted from you, and someone else will be right behind you to take your place if, and when, you decide to quit. Then, the scam begins again.

I'm sorry, but if you're not getting pings for hours at a time, no one in this forum can change that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hmmmmmm I would say that first of all what hours are you driving? Second, when you drive for Uber ask your pax if they have heard of Lyft and if they use Lyft and what their experience in your area with Lyft is

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Here the bonus was 30 rides for $10. It's actually insulting and makes them look bad. I felt like I was in a third world nation having to look at the bonus display on the Lyft app every day where they told me I was only so many rides away from my nice $10 bonus.

The funny thing is here they need drivers. Especially in the morning where the pings are often 20 minutes away. Still the best they can do is $10! I make it a point now not to accept anything over the bridge or more than 10 minutes away because it is their own damn fault for offering such crappy bonuses and badgering their drivers constantly for not accepting pings 20 minutes away for a $4 ride.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
I make it a point now not to accept anything over the bridge or more than 10 minutes away because it is their own damn fault for offering such crappy bonuses and badgering their drivers constantly for not accepting pings 20 minutes away for a $4 ride.
Lyft wouldn't have that problem if they paid $2 per mile ON THE WAY to get the pax. But until then? I deny anything over 5 - 7 minutes away.

·
Registered
961 Posts
1. how much is the bonus?
2. What are the demographics of your city?
3. Where do the potential riders live.
4. Look at the rider app. and get on the edge of the drivers increasing your
5. Your rates would lead to me not doing the work in your market!
6. How much is gas? How much is the cost of doing business?

This is math. It either pencils out or it doesn't based on your rates I would not be doing this work because I would be paying Lyft and Uber to drive for them. I operate at around .85 per mile. I'm profitable and gas is killing me. This variable is huge for me. I drive a plus vehicle and I'm glad I have the rates here. My hats off to you folks in GA. If you want more help I can offer some suggestions on increasing your success you will have to do the work though as you are in the area. What I do is repeatable in any market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lyft is a joke! I signed up with them with a referral fee after getting my Uber referral fee with 30 days. As the deadline was approaching, I hustled when I had a couple weeks left and had 35 riders. The next weekend (with only 2 weekends to go) I started out early to double my previous weekend but only had 1 rider/hour so I spent 8.5 hours driving around with only 8 riders and that was on a busy Friday afternoon - Friday night. So, I finally flipped on Uber and got 6 drivers in 2.5 hours. Lyft is a scam to drivers - they really suck who don't want to give a bonus.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Lyft knows you're there. Unfortunately, the Bonus that you're referring to is a scam. They allow a few drivers to get it in order to call it "legitimate," but it's purpose is to recruit -- nothing more. When the clock strikes midnight and you feel beyond reproach, Lyft won't care -- they got what they wanted from you, and someone else will be right behind you to take your place if, and when, you decide to quit. Then, the scam begins again.

I'm sorry, but if you're not getting pings for hours at a time, no one in this forum can change that.
Damn dude, when do you have time to drive?! Seems like all you do is comment in this forum. You are on like every single thread. Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I definitely believe Lyft manipulates that bonus. My husband and I are both Lyft & Uber drivers during my bonus period I BARELY got Lyft rides meanwhile my husband who was passed his bonus period was getting hits like crazy. It wasn’t until after my bonus periods where all of a sudden I was getting a ton of rides from Lyft.

My Uber bonus was achieved no problems at all. Uber is not even as popular as Lyft in my area that’s what was even funnier about the whole thing. Bleh.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Here the bonus was 30 rides for $10. It's actually insulting and makes them look bad. I felt like I was in a third world nation having to look at the bonus display on the Lyft app every day where they told me I was only so many rides away from my nice $10 bonus.

The funny thing is here they need drivers. Especially in the morning where the pings are often 20 minutes away. Still the best they can do is $10! I make it a point now not to accept anything over the bridge or more than 10 minutes away because it is their own damn fault for offering such crappy bonuses and badgering their drivers constantly for not accepting pings 20 minutes away for a $4 ride.
Holy E. Coli.

How much did gas cost reduce that???

Damn dude, when do you have time to drive?! Seems like all you do is comment in this forum. You are on like every single thread. Lol
Well it appears that Trump Economics -- unlike you -- has a superior capacity to perform multitasking while Ubering..... :D

·
Premium Member
5,465 Posts
Just because Lyft/Uber are in your city, does not make it profitable to drive for them.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Holy E. Coli.

How much did gas cost reduce that???

Well it appears that Trump Economics -- unlike you -- has a superior capacity to perform multitasking while Ubering..... :D
I just have a lot of extra time from the Lyft calls I don't take. I drive up, arrive, then drive off if the destination is a money loser. After a few minutes, the call cancels and I collect a fee. And those few minutes give me time to post on here. Boom

·
Registered
425 Posts
I definitely believe Lyft manipulates that bonus. My husband and I are both Lyft & Uber drivers during my bonus period I BARELY got Lyft rides meanwhile my husband who was passed his bonus period was getting hits like crazy. It wasn't until after my bonus periods where all of a sudden I was getting a ton of rides from Lyft.

My Uber bonus was achieved no problems at all. Uber is not even as popular as Lyft in my area that's what was even funnier about the whole thing. Bleh.
Sounds about par for the course with Lyft.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I definitely believe Lyft manipulates that bonus. My husband and I are both Lyft & Uber drivers during my bonus period I BARELY got Lyft rides meanwhile my husband who was passed his bonus period was getting hits like crazy. It wasn't until after my bonus periods where all of a sudden I was getting a ton of rides from Lyft.

My Uber bonus was achieved no problems at all. Uber is not even as popular as Lyft in my area that's what was even funnier about the whole thing. Bleh.
Neeeh - I gave up on my sign on bonus very early on (on week#2 or #3 of the 45 days period).

Today after I hit on my weekday U quest, I decided to give Lyft a fair (or is it a fare???) chance.

4h and 22 minutes online on Lyft... 1 ride for $2.25 gross revanue :)))....and 1 rejected request (said 8 min away... I thought more like 12 miles).... BTW if you do not trust me, put your bet I will provide a screenshot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.