Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Verizon brought back unlimited LTE data. I was on a shared 60 gig data plan for my families 4 lines. Went over every now and then but had to be cautious. Called in first thing today and changed my plan to unlimited on all 4 lines. Ended up reducing my bill by $72. If you have Verizon I would look into it!

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
I switched to Sprint in December and saved a helluva lot more than this.

When we were in the store there were about 1/2 dozen people doing the same thing. Some middle aged dude would walk in and say, uh here's my Verizon bill, can I do better here? Inevitably there would be a sale.

I also bought stock in Sprint (S). In spite of them having a banner year in 2016, its already up to about 10% from where I bought it. Only wish I bought it sooner. And changed from Verizon lol.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you are claiming you can do rideshare driving effectively or profitably with Sprint, you're a moron. I've had them for over 10 years, because I keep waiting for their network to swing back the other way, and now I'm stuck with them because my kids mom keeps upgrading her phone on my plan and locking in another two-year lease. as soon as that is up, I am definitely jumping ship, because I don't get a signal in most of Silverlake, Key parts of Santa Monica and Hollywood, can't do simultaneous voice and data, and it constantly kicks me from LTE down to 3G (I have to pop in to airplane mode at least 30 times a day – that's not an exaggeration.) Every time that ex-Verizon shill comes on and says, "It's 20xx, and every network is great...", I want to punch him in the face.

Seriously, Verizon, if you need a new actor to shill for your network, message me, and I will passionately give my testimonial about my experience with Sprint.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Straighttalk 10gb is plenty unless you use your phone to pirate vast amounts of video

Downside: I know for a FACT that AT&T lte band 17 somehow results in ~5x fewer pings and must be manually avoided/reset/somehow blacklisted in phone

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
Straighttalk 10gb is plenty unless you use your phone to pirate vast amounts of video

Downside: I know for a FACT that AT&T lte band 17 somehow results in ~5x fewer pings and must be manually avoided/reset/somehow blacklisted in phone
I have a ship, a parrot, and a peg leg!

I kid, I kid...

I use 40gb HD streaming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts