Uber Drivers Forum banner

Did lazy newbie rideshare drivers cause Venetian to force rideshare into the parking garage?

• Yes, it looks like the 3rd world all became Uber/Lyft drivers in the past 3 weeks and are camping.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No, rideshare promotes lower wages and leads to communism, so we need more drivers.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • The Taxicab Cartel paid the Venetian to rid the front valet of any hint of uber/lyft.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I could care less because I just found out my first cousin is interested in me in that special way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Ma won't let me park my car in front of her trailer, so I park at the Venetian and sleep.

Votes: 3 15.8%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a surprise especially for you Venetian stagers: you ruined this for everyone with your disorganized ugly cluster parking while sleeping pile-o-sloth mess. Venetian will now only allow rideshare at level 3 of the parking garage and will never allow you to sleep there again! Get yer pile-o-carp uber cars back to the trailer park if you want to stage.

As of last month there are 3x the cars we need on the strip, and now you have ruined it for everyone. Please go back to your day jobs. You are not professional drivers! You sit there and sleep while parked diagonally and texting your Moms.

Go back to Walmart, or BestBuy, McDonalds, Wendy's, JackintheBox, and/or wherever you came from and give up. After $2 per hour in fuel costs, that $5.33 per hour isn't what Uber told you, is it?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Are "veteran drivers" so intimidated by "newbies" that you would rather react with your complaints and blame game rather than be proactive? Do you find it beneath you to pass along the do‘s and dont‘s of strip driving? would it lower your "status" in " the driver hierarchy" to help a "newbie" when you see them breaking airport rules? Why hasn't the " Illuminati" started a group for new drivers instead of struttin their feathers and gossiping about all the other drivers.

Anyway I'm done venting

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It's was a terrible spot to begin with, exit for taxis, limo staging, regular guest drop off, uber pick up. Only 2 lanes, to much traffic for to little of space. Where's this new pick up now? I'll be sure to avoid it

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are "veteran drivers" so intimidated by "newbies" that you would rather react with your complaints and blame game rather than be proactive? Do you find it beneath you to pass along the do's and dont's of strip driving? would it lower your "status" in " the driver hierarchy" to help a "newbie" when you see them breaking airport rules? Why hasn't the " Illuminati" started a group for new drivers instead of struttin their feathers and gossiping about all the other drivers.

Anyway I'm done venting

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's was a terrible spot to begin with, exit for taxis, limo staging, regular guest drop off, uber pick up. Only 2 lanes, to much traffic for to little of space. Where's this new pick up now? I'll be sure to avoid it
New pickup spot = 3rd floor parking garage (ok staging). Your pax might find it or will be out front angry with you and demanding that you pick them up there because they are late, lost, etc.. Then when you risk it and pick them up out front, you might be handcuffed and trespassed; who knows for life?

Expect more properties to react this way as the new flood of drivers clog the strip and drive down wages to $0 per hour. I asked a LYFT driver what the total wages were on Wednesday of this week and his answer was, "zero rides, nothing". He did not speak English well at all, so maybe one of these people who has been de-activated due to their middle-eastern immigration status - I don't know. I often wonder if Travis is now shipping undocumented drivers in in an effort to crush markets and driver unions.

Anyone know a lawer who is able to create a Las Vegas rideshare union ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lyft Update: Venetian's pickup location has been moved to third level Valet in the parking garage. Limited staging is available. PUDO: http://lft.to/2jYEeOt

Just got the update from lyft. I'm going to avoid picking up there like it is the plague. It was horrible when it was in the garage before and there is no cell phone signal in there. What a joke.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Finally, With no disrespect, but you guys are a nuisance, like a plague, sooner or later everybody is going to get tire of all the mess you guys make, go back to your real job guys, or retire in peace and enjoy your life, some CEO driving Uber should try to ask for a raise or something, maybe even buy a costume and work on the strip, this is third world job guys, or maybe in reality you really need this job. Just saying, Lvcab94.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Omg! Why are you guys causing chaos? Giving enough information to cause panic and get tempers heated but leaving out important information for a smooth transition! Ya'll Must Be liberals!!

The new pickup location IS on the third floor of the parking garage, with the MALL VALET. Your passengers will not get lost and neither will you. The Venetian has signs up along the way to guide you. The security at the podiums as well as the mall valet attendants are very nice and have no problems answering questions or pointing you in the right direction.

To set the record straight, the change in pickup location was not because of anyone staging . The Venetian recognized the danger to both passengers and drivers due to the congestion. They also recognize the fact that there patrons we're standing out in the elements with no cover waiting for their ride. The Venetian and valet attendants do not hate rideshare. Several of the vallet attendants drive for Uber and Lyft on their weekends.

Do yourself a favor before you get yourselves all worked up over the crap posted on this forum, look who's making the post in the first place then research and Verify.

Xoxo

·
Registered
811 Posts
Have actually run into a few door man who are drivers I'll tell where the illegal staging is Rio and Aria Are prime spots I notice anytime I p/u or drop there Come on Man lol

1 - 20 of 68 Posts