Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the link to book a vehicle inspection? I can't seem to find it anywhere in my emails :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone applied for the Omnibus Charter license ? I applied and got my vehicle inspected (around 100 bucks), got an email from DOT to pay $272 and also an extra $120 for changing vehicle insurance class to 3F. So need to cough up another $392 on top of what we already paid for that F extension.
With the Omnibus Charter License, comes a whole list of conditions. One such is

RECORDKEEPING
6.1 The Licensee, or an agent acting on the Licensee’s behalf, must keep and maintain the following records: (a) The time and date of commencement and completion of each journey; (b) The make and licence plate number of the Vehicle used; (c) The identity of the Driver of the Vehicle for each journey, including times and dates and the Driver’s Western Australian Motor Driver’s Licence number; (d) The picking up and setting down location(s); (e) A record of the charge for each journey and proof of payment; (f) A record of the name of the person who booked the trip and whether that person was a passenger; (g) The financial records and receipts required to support claims for subsidies under the Transport Coordination Act 1966; and (h) Such other records as are required by these Conditions. 6.2 The Licensee must ensure that records referred to in this Condition are made available to the Director General on demand between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday except Public Holidays.

Damn it!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Has anyone applied for the Omnibus Charter license ? I applied and got my vehicle inspected (around 100 bucks), got an email from DOT to pay $272 and also an extra $120 for changing vehicle insurance class to 3F. So need to cough up another $392 on top of what we already paid for that F extension.
With the Omnibus Charter License, comes a whole list of conditions. One such is

RECORDKEEPING
6.1 The Licensee, or an agent acting on the Licensee's behalf, must keep and maintain the following records: (a) The time and date of commencement and completion of each journey; (b) The make and licence plate number of the Vehicle used; (c) The identity of the Driver of the Vehicle for each journey, including times and dates and the Driver's Western Australian Motor Driver's Licence number; (d) The picking up and setting down location(s); (e) A record of the charge for each journey and proof of payment; (f) A record of the name of the person who booked the trip and whether that person was a passenger; (g) The financial records and receipts required to support claims for subsidies under the Transport Coordination Act 1966; and (h) Such other records as are required by these Conditions. 6.2 The Licensee must ensure that records referred to in this Condition are made available to the Director General on demand between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday except Public Holidays.

Damn it!
Uber's records contain all that info so not a problem.
I wanna know when DOT is gonna let Uber drivers accept TUSS vouchers on their app?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I wanna know when DOT is gonna let Uber drivers accept TUSS vouchers on their app?
Taxi User Subsidy Scheme,

Used by people with disabilities to get to and from shops ($4.00), Hospital etc. Government pays half. If form isn't filled out exactly it gets sent back to you and you have to phone them to get the details they had on their computer and correct mistakes. Uber is half price anyway (or soon will be) so government won't need to give subsidy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did anyone get their car inspected by department of transport inspection centre?
If yes , how particular are they..do they check each and every part of car or are they like uber inspection centre?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm picking up a car on Friday and will be getting it getting inspected by DoT as part of the charter vehicle application........do I still have to get it inspected by Uber as well or will Uber accept that inspection?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to complete Cab care in Welshpool. They failed me with following faults:
1.The phone holder is still on,
2.The brake plastic cover on brake is worn out.
3.The indicator not working.
4.Locate the engine number.
5.Battery not secured.

the discussion was with them was
Either you pay us $200 and we will fix each fault for you,
For 1 they suggested you can't have phone holder on during inspection.
2. The brake plastic cover is totally fine but they insist it can slip.
3. Indicator light works fine and they admitted it does work fine.
4. I told him i can google it but he argued he can do it himself for $50 ,he will clean and read it.
5.Battery screw needs to be tightened but he insisted he can tighten it himself for $5o.

What do you guys suggest?reinspection,pay$200 and get it done or go to different center.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm picking up a car on Friday and will be getting it getting inspected by DoT as part of the charter vehicle application........do I still have to get it inspected by Uber as well or will Uber accept that inspection?
Good question......does anyone know the answer? I would assume not but who knows?????????

·
Registered
859 Posts
I had my car inspected by AME in canningvale today and all went well as u would expect for a 18mth old car. They initially said they would need the car for 3 hrs but convinced them to do it on the spot. Bit of a hold up on the DOT portal side to confirm acceptance but that's fine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts