Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at a Midas yesterday to do the inspection. I have one paint chip over my rear right wheel fender. It is about the size of a 50 cent piece. It is down to the steel and shows a slight amount of rust. The guy at Midas said that he would not be able to pass me and I would need to get that "touched up" before the inspection. He mentioned that the Inspection Checklist specifically had a question about paint chips. No other visual body images or concerns he said. No dents or body damage. Does anyone have any experience with this at all with Midas? Should I try to go to another location? Bobby and Steve's'? I have a 2011 Ford Escape Limited. Great condition. No kids or pets. 109k miles. I thought that was a bit extreme about the paint chip. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Sounds a bit extreme to me but without seeing it, it's hard to give an honest opinion. Can you just go to the parts store and get a bottle of touch up paint and do it yourself? Would have to be done in a heated garage of course.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Midas in Fridley passed my car. AC didn't work at the time and the maintenance light was on. The inspection lasted less than 15 minutes. Maybe try there. Also, maybe watch a quick YouTube video and touch up the spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds a bit extreme to me but without seeing it, it's hard to give an honest opinion. Can you just go to the parts store and get a bottle of touch up paint and do it yourself? Would have to be done in a heated garage of course.
I'll probably do that. Will need to take it over to my brothers. He has a heated garage. Just a bit of running around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Midas in Fridley passed my car. AC didn't work at the time and the maintenance light was on. The inspection lasted less than 15 minutes. Maybe try there. Also, maybe watch a quick YouTube video and touch up the spot.
Thanks!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Message me and I'll tell you where I went, they didn't care about a few visual issues I thought they would. Maybe they can help.

·
Registered
675 Posts
When i got my vehicle inspection passed I submitted the form to Uber but they said it wasn't valid because the shop forgot to date the form. So not thinking I dated the form and resubmitted it and it passed. I should have made a copy of the non dated form so I could use it again for next year. Stupid me.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
When i got my vehicle inspection passed I submitted the form to Uber but they said it wasn't valid because the shop forgot to date the form. So not thinking I dated the form and resubmitted it and it passed. I should have made a copy of the non dated form so I could use it again for next year. Stupid me.
Was the person at the shop who forgot to date the form hot?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts