Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Uber sent out an email that for just $20 you can get your vehicle inspected. So I know that is the cost. I showed up at recommended location. Requested testing, 10mins after I got a bill for $45, The guy showed me the website and said Uber said for up to $40. I ask him, why didnt I just go to my Auto mechanic buddy to fill out the form for me? This is CRAZY, I wasnt yet ready to dish out $45 bucks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ya, you got ripped off. Mine was $20 taxes included. Where did you get it done at? I'm only asking because this could be used as a warning for new drivers to avoid that place.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Vehicle Inspection: was I just ripped off?
Yes, you were. Regardless of how much you paid. With current fare rates and ridiculous 1.5$ SRF Uber should be cover any extra expenses, such as vehicle inspections, primary vehicle insurance, etc, etc.

The guy showed me the website and said Uber said for up to $40. I ask him, why didnt I just go to my Auto mechanic buddy to fill out the form for me?
That is a weird question to ask, especially after the fact. First of all, why didn't you really go to your mechanic for this? Secondly, why didn't you ask about the cost before committing to the inspection?

Finally, I always advise to anyone about this: don't go and pay extra for inspection. Instead, include your inspection into your regular service, like I did at my Acura dealership where I service my car. The service code included all of the inspections required by Uber, so I did not pay one more extra dollar for it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Go to your local office and the Uber guy can credit you up to $20 for your first time inspection. I made mention that I paid 20 and the next day got an email about a free inspection offer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You guys are lucky. In Minneapolis we have a short list of "approved" sites we can take our cars to. 20+ years as an ASE mechanic and I had to pay some 17 year old kid to tell me my car was fine. BTW it cost me 35 bucks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have asked. My bad, this is really a ripoff, and the guy is telling me they are increasing it to $60, new drivers are in the trap, How often do you do the inspection?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
In Minneapolis we have a short list of "approved" sites we can take our cars to.
Wow, sounds fishy. When I hear "approved list only", I immediately arrive to "kickbacks".

Reactions: PoorBasterd

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
My mechanic completed mine when he did some work.

People were. Saying Glenn Carine and Dufferin Midas was 20 dollars but they clearly were against the inspection and would only book weeks in advance. I guess they don't think there is any money for checking out safety inspections.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My mechanic completed mine when he did some work.

People were. Saying Glenn Carine and Dufferin Midas was 20 dollars but they clearly were against the inspection and would only book weeks in advance. I guess they don't think there is any money for checking out safety inspections.
They know what uber drivers make. They know what ever they find the driver won't have money to repair.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I got my regular, licensed mechanic to do it when I went in for an oil change. Über accepted it with no problems.

Reactions: djino

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ya, you got ripped off. Mine was $20 taxes included. Where did you get it done at? I'm only asking because this could be used as a warning for new drivers to avoid that place.
could you please tell me where you went?? i also have to go for car inspection

·
Registered
47 Posts
The thing is why are we suppose to pay this inspection fee??? Is not UBER should pay ???
We as drivers are already been so exploited and pissed off and practically getting not as much as they show

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
The thing is why are we suppose to pay this inspection fee?
Because it's a requirement to provide one to Uber and Uber sets it your responsibility to arrange one. As it was discussed here, it's not necessary to pay. You can get your mechanic or dealer sign the inspection form when they make a routine inspection during one of the services. That way you don't have to pay extra. That's what I and many others did.

Is not UBER should pay ???
Yes, they should. But they won't.

We as drivers are already been so exploited and pissed off and practically getting not as much as they show
Yes. This is a universal truth. You just reiterated it. Or, perhaps, you had another point?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did Uber change it's rules? A few months ago a buddy and fellow driver told me he was required to go to a pre-approved garage.

But everyone is saying they got one from their own mechanic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts