Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so recieved an email yesterday from uber, it goes as follows:

We have an important update for you on vehicle inspection requirements. In accordance with South Australian passenger transport requirements, you will need to have your vehicle inspected by a Government-accredited vehicle inspector and obtain an inspection sticker.

To ensure this is a smooth process, our team has been working hard to make this as easy as possible for you.

Step 1) Book your inspection
If you book your inspection with Rightway Automotive before 30 september 2017 it will be free of charge.

Step 2) Once your vehicle is inspected
Visit the Accreditation and Licensing Centre to have your inspection verified and confirm your vehicle's CTP class.

At the Accreditation and Licensing Centre (ALC), you will be asked to confirm your vehicle's CTP class as 'small public passenger vehicle'. Registering your vehicle in this CTP class costs around $330 per year which works out to less than $7 per week. You will also need to bring to the ALC a certificate of currency for your car insurance policy, and your inspection report.

Step 3) Collect your sticker from the inspection provider
Once your inspection is verified by the ALC, you can return to the inspection provider to collect your inspection sticker.

If you have any questions, visit the Uber greenlight hub where one of our Uber Experts will be able to help.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
I don't know why but I read that as "Are you a good citizen?":eek: View attachment 156425
I have a pretty good imagination, but I'm not sure what to make of that. o_O
Perhaps, I should rephrase.
I'm wondering if I haven't received that email, perhaps because there may be some issues with my accreditation.:D

I'm wondering if Angad received it because he is definitely accredited.
:)

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
I have a pretty good imagination, but I'm not sure what to make of that. o_O
Perhaps, I should rephrase.
I'm wondering if I haven't received that email, perhaps because there may be some issues with my accreditation.:D

I'm wondering if Angad received it because he is definitely accredited.
:)
Ok now I'm wondering if the government has told Uber they will pay for the vehicle inspections for accredited drivers. That's about 15000 dollars for 200 cars.

Maybe way off target with that thought but being someone who is always thinking Uber is up to something and having a government trying to avoid anything that could be politicaly damaging during a election campaign. It's just odd nothing about accreditation and not sending emails to non accredited drivers. There needs to be an explanation?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you accredited?
Yes i'm accredited. I used to drive cabs a while back but once i stopped driving cabs , i kept my acc active.

Ok now I'm wondering if the government has told Uber they will pay for the vehicle inspections for accredited drivers. That's about 15000 dollars for 200 cars.

Maybe way off target with that thought but being someone who is always thinking Uber is up to something and having a government trying to avoid anything that could be politicaly damaging during a election campaign. It's just odd nothing about accreditation and not sending emails to non accredited drivers. There needs to be an explanation?
Haha i reckon you're right.
Uber muppets are always upto something, i guess the deadline from the goverment is coming up soon. So uber's in a hurry to get inspections cleared for as many cars as they can.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I would think that Uber and not the Government is paying for the inspections, i doubt the govt would want to alienate the RAA from a dodgey deal.

I have also heard that the govt is having a rethink regarding the public liability insurance that uber provide as it is a contingency policy and may not provide necessary coverage.

however maybe it is the govt idea to get as many cars as possible covered a "small passenger vehicle so they can then persue the owners over driver accreditation.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Is taxi accreditation and small passenger vehicle accreditation the same? When I had a taxi accreditation it did not cover me for chauffeur driving
Ben, talk about a dog's breakfast. I am new to this. You have history. You have experience and grounding.

The government clearly lacks the capacity to govern with clearly articulated rules and regulations, and it seems the regulators don't know what is going on from one week to the next. Über! Well, is there a company more deserving of the comparison to where cunning and duplicity have become as fitting as a hand to a glove?

And those at the coal face, the poor guys and girls behind the wheel, are left in an ever increasing state of anxiety. These are the people; the real people, the honest people that make the whole system work. I'm not just talking about Über drivers, I'm talking about taxi drivers, chauffeur drivers, mini bus tour drivers and all the others; who are doing the same job, delivering the same services but at differing levels to different expectations in different markets.

This state government's failure to regulate Über at the outset just reinforces the total lack of vision of Wetherill (sic) and his despicable coterie of like minded sycophants. Not that the opposition leader (who is it this week?) and his band of merry men are any different.

I am going to sign this off as I am getting a little annoyed. The government - who we elect has been butter in this whole stinking imbroglio. I just hope that when everything filters through the sieve, the drivers, the people who actually make the whole thing work, are left with something sustainable for them, and not the corporate and government parasites who feed off their labours.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

A beer beckons :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts