Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work near Love Field and live in McKinney. My day job has me tied up from 9-5 M-F and Saturday mornings.

Any recommendation on hassle free inspection location with hours that will work for me?

BTW, went to the transportation regulation building this morning at 3131 Dawson St. They open at 8:30. I got there at 8:00 not knowing if there would be a line. There were four of us at 8 and then one more guy at 8:30 as we walked in.

The badge making machine has been down and was still down today. Two of the drivers were there to swap out their provisional drivers permits with the official one but were turned away. I thought I heard one who was there for vehicle inspection permit was told only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.... I was distracted and not sure but it bummed out one guy in line.

I was there to pick up my drivers permit. I was given the option of getting a provisional permit today which is good for two weeks and then they would mail me my official permit when their machine was back in operation. No charge as I had paid my $53 on line. Easy enough.

Now, to get my vehicle inspected and get the sticker.... I am hoping an inspection location can see me before 9 am or after 5 pm. My car is a 2009 Prius with recent state inspection and registration and no issues. I am just hoping to avoid ticky-tack add ons at the last minute.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says "Defensive Driving must be completed by expiration date." But it also seems like an old form.... It doesn't mention ride for hire as a check box. The lady never mentioned that I need to do it. If their machine had been working I would have had the official permit. She just said she would mail it when they get it running.

There are two sets of check boxes that the form seems designed around.

1. New
Renewal

2. Non- Motorized
Ambulance
Taxicab
Bus/Shuttle
Limousine
MVT Wrecker

She checked New on the first set but nothing on the other set. I really feel like I got it to have something to show a police officer if I get questioned.

So, all that being said, I am not taking the Defensive Driving as it was not mentioned and the form seems out-dated or re-purposed.

Too bad it is yet another point of ambiguity.

Thanks for the mention of JT.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Agree on JT Automotive 3538 Singleton Blvd Dallas.

Same thing happened to me yesterday - got my temp permit and they are "supposed" to mail me the real one.... we'll see.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts