Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I am not picking up anymore overly drunk people. I am keeping the doors locked until I speak with them.
i am sick of them vomiting on my car.
2. There are plenty of drivers in the twin cities STOP RECRUITING!
3. I will no longer wait more than 3 minutes. They have their app and can see where we are.
4. People want to tip the driver, they should be able to add something on the app for the driver
5. We need to be able to pick up at the airport. Uber you need to0 make this happen
6. Uber Black Car and SUV are actively stealing your business. It has happened to me more than once.
7. I am hearing complaints from riders that there are uber drivers that are also Lift drivers. this needs to stop

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
1. I am not picking up anymore overly drunk people. I am keeping the doors locked until I speak with them.
i am sick of them vomiting on my car.
2. There are plenty of drivers in the twin cities STOP RECRUITING!
3. I will no longer wait more than 3 minutes. They have their app and can see where we are.
4. People want to tip the driver, they should be able to add something on the app for the driver
5. We need to be able to pick up at the airport. Uber you need to0 make this happen
6. Uber Black Car and SUV are actively stealing your business. It has happened to me more than once.
7. I am hearing complaints from riders that there are uber drivers that are also Lift drivers. this needs to stop
1) stop driving bar closing hours or stop picking up at bars.
2) driver turnover is to high and they don't care about drivers it will never stop, especially since drivers do it to themselves for referral fees.
3) wait 5 and cancel to collect your fee.
4) we all agree there should be tips.
5) Uber is trying, regulation is a slow process.
6) how are they actively stealing your business? Either someone wants to pay for black/suv or they order x.
7) how would the rider know and why would they care? It is exactly the same service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. it is where the money is
2. true
3. true
4. true
5. true
6. they wait outside their vehicle and approach people asking them if they are waiting for an UBER X. Then they cut them a deal. I've had my wife pose and the next time we will record it.
7. Because they try to manage two calls at the same timed and priority is given to Lyft because they pay more

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
1. it is where the money is
2. true
3. true
4. true
5. true
6. they wait outside their vehicle and approach people asking them if they are waiting for an UBER X. Then they cut them a deal. I've had my wife pose and the next time we will record it.
7. Because they try to manage two calls at the same timed and priority is given to Lyft because they pay more
Then you need to figure your priorities, a non-puked in car or the fares. I choose no puke but everyone has different priorities.

I would think a black driver would be losing much more that way, if it happens report them for taking street hails, only thing needed is a tag number.

Only way someone would know you drive for both is if they request both playing games and get the same driver or the driver tells them. If they are requesting both they deserve neither.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Driving for both is a way to minimize down time between rides. Very rare to get simultaneous pings. Once one assignment is taken the other platform is taken offline. I still get 5 uber rides for every single lyft, but occasionally it's an all lyft kind of day.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Driving for both is a way to minimize down time between rides. Very rare to get simultaneous pings. Once one assignment is taken the other platform is taken offline. I still get 5 uber rides for every single lyft, but occasionally it's an all lyft kind of day.
Ok, so I'm fine with drivers trying to maximize profits by driving for both Uber and Lyft. By driving for Lyft at the same time, drivers don't do Uber a favor, so please don't turn around and ask Uber to do us a favor. I'd say in this Uberx system(Uber/Lyft, riders and drivers), we all "find" ways to maximize our own profits and don't really care for others.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Ok, so I'm fine with drivers trying to maximize profits by driving for both Uber and Lyft. By driving for Lyft at the same time, drivers don't do Uber a favor, so please don't turn around and ask Uber to do us a favor. I'd say in this Uberx system(Uber/Lyft, riders and drivers), we all "find" ways to maximize our own profits and don't really care for others.
Where has Uber done drivers any favors? I was fine just using one platform until the last Uber rate cut. If city regulations mandated we could only drive for one or the other, then I would abide by that. If Uber put their rates back to an amount that covered expenses and was profitable, then I would likely only use their platform. If I am sitting for 30 minutes or more without a ping with only one platform running, what would either company be doing for me? Hint: Nothing.
If using both decreases my wait between assignments, which company am I hurting? Neither.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Where has Uber done drivers any favors? I was fine just using one platform until the last Uber rate cut. If city regulations mandated we could only drive for one or the other, then I would abide by that. If Uber put their rates back to an amount that covered expenses and was profitable, then I would likely only use their platform. If I am sitting for 30 minutes or more without a ping with only one platform running, what would either company be doing for me? Hint: Nothing.
If using both decreases my wait between assignments, which company am I hurting? Neither.
I meant for those drivers that drive both Lyft and Uber. They would get pissed because Uber did not do them a favor by cutting rates. And Uberx only drivers get affected by these drivers.

In order to get market shares, Lyft has been using pretty much all its money(investors, profits, ...) to subsidize its riders and drivers.

http://fusion.net/story/104768/leaked-lyft-document-confirms-competing-with-uber-is-hell/

So, of course Uber would not stand pat and see its market shares eroding, it has to cut rates.

Also, for me, in this system without any regulations, we should just look after ourselves first for our own profits.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
No, they didn't, really. People will pay for superior products. They want to corner the ground transportation industry. All they're doing at this point is engaging in a race to the bottom and hurting their corporate image.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No, they didn't, really. People will pay for superior products. They want to corner the ground transportation industry. All they're doing at this point is engaging in a race to the bottom and hurting their corporate image.
Typical riders always want the cheapest fares to get from point A to point B. In the eyes of Uber/Lyft and riders, we Uberx drivers are "homogeneous" products(no real differences among drivers), so riders would only buy the cheapest products.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Typical riders always want the cheapest fares to get from point A to point B. In the eyes of Uber/Lyft and riders, we Uberx drivers are "homogeneous" products(no real differences among drivers), so riders would buy the cheapest products.
They're not giving pax any credit. The older and dirtier cars that Uber is allowing now hurts them far worse than a slightly smaller market share.
Pax last night commented about how dirty the earlier Uber was. Maybe if they marketed to riders once in a while instead of a constant barrage of driver ads...just saying.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
tb1984 said:
, . . . we all . . . don't really care for others.
I beg to differ! Right now I am trying to educate some young people as to why "Ubering" on the X platform is not all that the radio ads make it out to be. I know I am only one person.

JM2cW :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I beg to differ! Right now I am trying to educate some young people as to why "Ubering" on the X platform is not all that the radio ads make it out to be. I know I am only one person.

JM2cW :)
I agree that those ads(up to $60,000-$90,000/year) are deceitful with words "up to". To be honest, just like everyone else, as long as I still drive for Uber, I don't want new drivers in my market, but what can we do? Uber ads are everywhere.

I appreciate your efforts for informing new drivers about Binding arbitration, insurance coverage, ... I would say to new drivers that don't buy brand new cars just for Uber/Lyft. Also, take some risks, go out and drive for one or two weeks to see if you like it.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
he is right about ubers stealing your calls, also taxi's , i have caught soliciting my pax , telling them to cancel and they will take them for the same rate. probably trick them also and charge more who knows. and some pax have told me they are approached at the corners while waiting. drunk impatient pax just cancel on you 2-4 min in, ever wonder, most of the time they got a different ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts