Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today around 4pm I attempted to cash out on instant pay. It didn't work and it's in the process of repaying. I have happened before so I don't care. What is different this time it said my debit card was now being blocked by my financial institution. So I called BofA to see if there was an issue with my checking account or debit card. They say there is no issue and in fact I've used my debit card since this happened. I've tried a couple times to re-enter the card number with no luck. I messaged Uber with the full detAils and got back a stupid generic response saying that not all cards and banks work with instant pay. That doesn't help since I've used that card and bank for months. What advice would anyone have?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Guess I'm now in this esteemed "club" since I returned to Uber. I'm also with Bank of America, and they have also assured me they are not preventing Uber from doing anything. I especially asked if there was a problem receiving same-day deposits daily. They said no.

Its either an Uber system error, or (since I'm seeing this pop up more and more) an underhanded way to move people off their own debit cards and onto Uber's own Go Bank debit cards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me. It worked last night and today I got the message that my card is no longer compatible. A friend who cashes out everyday using chase had no problem.

It must be something with BoA not Uber. But waiting 3 days to get paid now? That's bs. Once again, we are being punished for working

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Same thing happened to me. It worked last night and today I got the message that my card is no longer compatible. A friend who cashes out everyday using chase had no problem.

It must be something with BoA not Uber. But waiting 3 days to get paid now? That's bs. Once again, we are being punished for working
Well when it happened to me, around 1:40AM, I was on the phone with Bank of America. Regular customer service is closed, but their stolen card and fraud prevention department is 24/7. So I called them and asked them every which way I could think of how Uber could be telling the truth. They assured me there is no such thing as preventing a deposit from going through. Four different people between three separate calls (I escalated the second call).

I will call regular customer service during the 8AM hour, but I already get the feeling they'll tell me the same as the previous four people.

Who should I believe? An institution that I have banked with since 1995, that allows me to actually TALK to someone, either on the phone or face to face...or a relatively new institution already in legal trouble that gives canned responses via email? No way to talk to a live person either. Plus thanks to constantly being in the news I'm of the mind if Uber was having some sort of system error they'd never say so for fear of more bad blood, when ironically they're creating just that with this deflection tactic.

Also, since I called three times and practically had to play lawyer, I found out Bank of America works like this:
1) I send the request for deposit (via pressing Instant Pay)
2) Bank of America receives the request
3) Bank of America says yay or nay.
4) If yay, deposit goes through, log is created. If nay, deposit is denied, log is created.
5) In case anyone missed that, either way log is created.

Bank of America said they NEVER received a request *to* say yay or nay to from Uber tonight. So something isn't adding up here. How is a bank, BoA, rejecting a card that never asked for anything *to* be rejected or accepted either way. Sorcery? Or someone is lying? If its BoA then all four of those people are on the same script.

Uber is the culprit, the only question is why. My theory is this Go Bank Card. They want people to get it and since no one is volunteering, here we are.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Talked to Bank of America customer service. No restriction whatsoever on my card. No blocks. Nothing.

I find it funny we can [rightfully] blame Uber for a lot of things, but in this one regard suddenly they're blameLESS. And credence is given to their lies that "Nu-uh its Bank of America not us!"

They're so blameless they have absolutely no way to be contacted except through email. Right.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ITs nothing to do with Uber....Or your bank. It's Visa or Mastercard etc....They see a consumer card being used in a commercial business use and block the transactions. If you want to bypass go down to the bank and have them issue a temp debit card. Update with Uber and your instant pay will work again. until you hit the certain amount of deposits then it will be disabled again....

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
ITs nothing to do with Uber....Or your bank. It's Visa or Mastercard etc....They see a consumer card being used in a commercial business use and block the transactions. If you want to bypass go down to the bank and have them issue a temp debit card. Update with Uber and your instant pay will work again. until you hit the certain amount of deposits then it will be disabled again....
I called Visa. "Verified by Visa" deals with money going out of the bank, not money coming in. Bank of America would be the one who would monitor fraudulent deposits. So that takes Visa out of the equation.

I knew this was another contortion to defend Uber but just so I could have the actual verbiage as to why that's not the case again yes I did call Visa to ask them.

The lady I spoke to said I'm not the first person to have this issue, but its only customers with Uber, and it has begun this week. But what's interesting is she said Lyft uses the same system and customers with them have no issues whatsoever with Instant Pay.

I await the next excuse, but at this point, it is just that...an excuse. Uber is doing this, not Bank of America. I pointed out that its possible that Uber is trying to purge Bank of America card holders for whatever reason, but she said since they have no means of CONTACT for Uber they can't sit down to work out whatever issue Uber suddenly has with them.

Finally, its not an issue of rejection, that implies something was presented to the bank for the bank to deny or accept. Uber stops sending the request for transfer and then says on their end the bank is declining them. How can a bank decline something they've never received? Its a lie and probably fraud.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I called Visa. "Verified by Visa" deals with money going out of the bank, not money coming in. Bank of America would be the one who would monitor fraudulent deposits. So that takes Visa out of the equation.

I knew this was another contortion to defend Uber but just so I could have the actual verbiage as to why that's not the case again yes I did call Visa to ask them.

The lady I spoke to said I'm not the first person to have this issue, but its only customers with Uber, and it has begun this week. But what's interesting is she said Lyft uses the same system and customers with them have no issues whatsoever with Instant Pay.

I await the next excuse, but at this point, it is just that...an excuse. Uber is doing this, not Bank of America. I pointed out that its possible that Uber is trying to purge Bank of America card holders for whatever reason, but she said since they have no means of CONTACT for Uber they can't sit down to work out whatever issue Uber suddenly has with them.

Finally, its not an issue of rejection, that implies something was presented to the bank for the bank to deny or accept. Uber stops sending the request for transfer and then says on their end the bank is declining them. How can a bank decline something they've never received? Its a lie and probably fraud.
Call it a excuse or whatever the **** you want. Go to your bank and get a new card. Instant pay will start working again. This happened to me 2 months ago. Uber isnt at fault for everything.....just 99 percent of it.

I will bet you a 100 bucks it will work. New card. New card number, Instant pay will work.

Dont listen to some 1.25/hr call center excuse from Bangladesh.... go get a new card. It takes 10 minute..........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know from a financial institution perspective that rules can be created to block transactions and they are also created at the brand level (Visa/MasterCard) to prevent fraud as well. I saw this recently happen even with Square and Square Cash instant payouts. Sometimes transactions hit a level of possible fraud and Fraud services at Visa may block transactions either based on their rules or issuer's rules. I can understand where everyone is coming from about wanting to get your money in a timely manner but there is limited we can do. Also, it is probably best to have a business account and business debit card at an institution to manage your business well since we are running a business. I was thinking this could possibly alleviate the business concern route mentioned earlier. Good luck everyone earning.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Call it a excuse or whatever the &%[email protected]!* you want.
Thanks I will. It is an obvious and frankly pathetic excuse by someone with poor reading comprehension. For instance:

Go to your bank and get a new card.
Why would I do that when Lyft apparently uses the same systen but hasn't begun a "purge" like Uber has. I know I wrote that the first time.

Instant pay will start working again. This happened to me 2 months ago. Uber isnt at fault for everything.....just 99 percent of it.
No one said otherwise. This however falls within the 99% not the 1% like you wish it did.

I will bet you a 100 bucks it will work. New card. New card number, Instant pay will work.
...pass. I'm not getting a new or even temporary card for a problem exclusive to Uber. If Lyft starts doing this I'll look into it but...we know they won't.

Dont listen to some 1.25/hr call center excuse from Bangladesh.... go get a new card. It takes 10 minute..........
1) Hate to break it to you but no one with an accent. Well one black lady but that it.
2) Should I instead listen to someone whose response to actual legwork I did to investigate policies and procedures regarding both BoA and Visa...is essentially "Nu-uh!"?
3) Funny "poor picked on Uber" is doing the dodging while BoA is more than willing to talk to them to refute their claims. You ignoring this fact amuses me though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks I will. It is an obvious and frankly pathetic excuse by someone with poor reading comprehension. For instance:

Why would I do that when Lyft apparently uses the same systen but hasn't begun a "purge" like Uber has. I know I wrote that the first time.

No one said otherwise. This however falls within the 99% not the 1% like you wish it did.

...pass. I'm not getting a new or even temporary card for a problem exclusive to Uber. If Lyft starts doing this I'll look into it but...we know they won't.

1) Hate to break it to you but no one with an accent. Well one black lady but that it.
2) Should I instead listen to someone whose response to actual legwork I did to investigate policies and procedures regarding both BoA and Visa...is essentially "Nu-uh!"?
3) Funny "poor picked on Uber" is doing the dodging while BoA is more than willing to talk to them to refute their claims. You ignoring this fact amuses me though.

My legwork was an hour and a half on the phone with Visa saying "its your bank"... another Hour in BoA saying its Visa. I opted to replace the card....walked out to my car and updated my info on instantpay in my Uber app, Requested my money and it was in my account in 5 seconds. If you are too putt out by requesting a new card....then good for you. I posted this for the people out there struggling to get paid so they can pay bills and keep a roof over their head.

As far as your reading comprehension comment...... Well you can guess my reply. Here is a hint G_ F_ck Yo_rs_lf. Want to buy a voewl?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
My legwork
Ah if you didn't care about my legwork given your responses I have no reason to care about yours. It's only fair. :)

If you are too putt out by requesting a new card....then good for you.
Asked and answered. Explicitly in fact. If that reading problem I mentioned or simply rage writing kept you from processing that information that's on you not me.

I posted this for the people out there struggling to get paid so they can pay bills and keep a roof over their head.
...congratulations? I'm sure your medal is in the mail. Meanwhile I posted for people getting Uber's canned responses to let them know no its not their bank. What they choose to do with that info is up to them.

As far as your reading comprehension comment...... Well you can guess my reply. Here is a hint G_ F_ck Yo_rs_lf. Want to buy a voewl?
Oh if only we had a time machine to when that was funny. But given your responses its ironically progress. So...well done!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Keep being a smart guy buddy........ My solution works.....its Visa blocking the card number for fraud.... not uber or the bank.

I am sure you are so smart you have a PhD in Liberal Arts.....and drive uber.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Keep being a smart guy buddy,,,,,,
Ok I will.

My solution works.....its Visa blocking the card number for fraud.... not uber or the bank.
I've lost count of how many people have said the opposite on BoA's and Visa's end. Versus on Uber's end, canned responses from Uber, and one poster with last-word-itis. Hm. Tough call.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
You are just an idiot that doesn't believe that Visa is the one that that controls the card....with fraud protection.
How their fraud protection works was explained in detail several posts ago but I'm the idiot in this scenario. Oh I don't mind cause I get this is therapeutic for you its just funny. Not as funny as Uber dodging talking directly to BoA or Visa but...close. Close.

But keep blaming Uber....for your failed career.
If you were observant you would see "Drives for Lyft" has been under my name this whole time. I'd ask what that tells you but I question your ability to extrapolate so never mind.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yet you still blame Uber...... Maybe Uber is so big that this has affected Visa before and Lyft hasnt had the problem.....yet.

And I bet you drive around with the pink bullshit on your car

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Yet you still blame Uber...... Maybe Uber is so big that this has affected Visa before and Lyft hasnt had the problem.....yet.
If you weren't affected with "grr someone is wrong on the internet!" you'd remember I covered WHY they're the culprit early on. It'd be awesome if you paid attention but I won't get my hopes up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.