Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I feel you, drove a rich woman to the JW Marriot that flew into Burbank from Pallo Alto (Silicon Valley) last week.. helped with her bags at the airport and had a great conversation with her the entire way to DTLA..

Even asked me how I liked driving for uber (as she wondered if Uber takes care of their drivers) so gave her all the pro's and con's which puts it into perspective for them.

Anyway, as we were 5 min from the drop off she asks if I had change for a $10 so she could tip the bellboy which I didn't at the time.. sure enough we pull up, I help her get her luggage out of my trunk and then if course the Bell boy is there to assist. Says thank you and asta la vista baby!

This is why I don't even bother helping pax with luggage at the airport anymore. Seems like I used to get tips from airport pick up's at least 55% of the time when I first started but lately it's 95% that they just say thank you.

Not sure why Uber can't just nip this at the bud and add the option in the pax ap but it would certainly give them the upper hand with this ongoing race to help try and squash the competitor.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I feel you, drove a rich woman to the JW Marriot that flew into Burbank from Pallo Alto (Silicon Valley) last week.. helped with her bags at the airport and had a great conversation with her the entire way to DTLA..

Even asked me how I liked driving for uber (as she wondered if Uber takes care of their drivers) so gave her all the pro's and con's which puts it into perspective for them.

Anyway, as we were 5 min from the drop off she asks if I had change for a $10 so she could tip the bellboy which I didn't at the time.. sure enough we pull up, I help her get her luggage out of my trunk and then if course the Bell boy is there to assist. Says thank you and asta la vista baby!

This is why I don't even bother helping pax with luggage at the airport anymore. Seems like I used to get tips from airport pick up's at least 55% of the time when I first started but lately it's 95% that they just say thank you.

Not sure why Uber can't just nip this at the bud and add the option in the pax ap but it would certainly give them the upper hand with this ongoing race to help try and squash the competitor.
The tip option would be awesome, but I heard they don't want to do it because they keep 0% of the tips, so they would rather not.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
Fairly easy...one of two different words I say as they approach my finely tuned nice shiny ride:

Picking-up

OR

Dropping

Works every time, they smile, turn and walk away...one less person they have to deal with.

·
Premium Member
62,900 Posts
Fairly easy...one of two different words I say as they approach my finely tuned nice shiny ride:

Picking-up

OR

Dropping

Works every time, they smile, turn and walk away...one less person they have to deal with.
Works for me.
They may ask me to pull up or pull over.

·
Premium Member
62,900 Posts

Uber has ruined tipping.
Here also they used to tip at the airport. Now they do not.
Only right off the cruise ships where they have mandatory tipping. They tip well off the cruise ships.
This proves Uber training is ruining tipping.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I helped him fix it. He's not so handy with a wrench.
Welcome back! UCI is still poppin , I took care of all your regulars for you while you were gone.

Were you able to smuggle all 10 girls into the US like you planned? Was it the Trump travel ban that kept you out so long??

Told you not to bring them through Syria

·
Registered
617 Posts
Is there any particular Uber campaign or logical reason why the airport tips are almost non existent these days?

Pax from Holland asked me how Tipping worked here and that it's automatically added to their bill in Amsterdam.. can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
Is there any particular Uber campaign or logical reason why the airport tips are almost non existent these days?

Pax from Holland asked me how Tipping worked here and that it's automatically added to their bill in Amsterdam.. can anyone confirm this?
Many passengers in U.S. believe "The Tip is Included" or charged within their fare. Uber planned that from the beginning with a Disinformation campaign stating The Tip Is Included. Also, some markets have UberTaxi and when passenger sets up that option on their Uber App it asks them what they would like to set the tip at for Taxi's.

We get squat...

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Death stare

Or, just ignore them.
I got a big truck they're sometimes trying to throw in some hardshell luggage in the back by the time I get to the trunk

And some of them actually try to cause a scene when you wave them off

One only took the hint on the THIRD attempt when the "thx bye" and "I got this" had to turn into "GO AWAY. DONT TOUCH MY VEHICLE"

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
I got a big truck they're sometimes trying to throw in some hardshell luggage in the back by the time I get to the trunk

And some of them actually try to cause a scene when you wave them off

One only took the hint on the THIRD attempt when the "thx bye" and "I got this" had to turn into "GO AWAY. DONT TOUCH MY VEHICLE"
Yet, another reason to refuse pax with bags.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts