Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can sync my Android phone with my vehicle's media system, is it also possible to have ride navigation on my NAV as well? Larger screen is easier & safer ... and riders can more easily confirm destination & routing.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Unless your car is MirrorLink enabled there are two ways to do this. Method one is to replace the display with an aftermarket dual DIN display that accepts hdmi, the other is to use an adapter that can send an 480p signal to the aux video input of your display. Both require disassembling the dashboard fascia, however.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was looking more to just porting the destination address into the vehicle's NAV system, not mirroring the display.
I can sync the phone to the vehicle via Bluetooth for calls & music ... tired watching data usage climb when it should be a simple 'click' to uplad the address.
I'm sure Uber will (not) allow access to the software ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's fine ... this was a yes/no question. If it's possible to obtain the passenger address info from the driver app I can process it into the vehicle's NAV app. Just wondered if Uber has the app locked or not.

BTW: 2011 Lincoln MKZ w/ SYNC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.