Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Ping from guy who wanted me to jump his dead battery. Another from a guy who wanted me to deliver a bag with t shirt & keys to address on west side.
Anyone else get these?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I never got those before. The first request is just bs.... How are we suppose to get paid? I would not help someone like that unless it's an elderly person or someone with kids around. And the rest, I'll be asking for money up front.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would never jump someone's car. The liability for his car and mine (Prius) would be too great. I have had requests to deliver things and do not do it, no way to confirm what I am delivering and what would stop them from saying it was $1000 that I stole. I deliver humans only!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I would never deliver anything for anybody unless they ride. Never ever trust them with whatever BS that spit out.

About the dead battery, i once got a call from a guy with a dead battery. When i got to him he told me that he has a dead battery and he'll pay for the boost. Paid me $20 bucks and it took 10 mins from ping to getting paid. The drive was within 2 km which is just over a mile.

Tow trucks here charge $40 for a boost, so $20 wasn't bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Happened to me once on, itonically my 3rd pickup ever. Transported an envelope to Glendale. Was from a cheesy, middle class guy in a wealthy area. Probably his child support check. I rocked out with no PAX in the back...best ride..ever :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
did a parts run from a QT warehouse off 67th and Van Buren-ish to the QT on 83rd and buckeye. asked if the box contained explosives or anything that could leave me liable. dude said it was just gas pump parts to be delivered to a waiting technician. no biggie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts