Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A happy story from the Heartleand, for those who actually like happy stories:

I just got a ping from Cynthia a supermarket. As I started driving there, I got a call from Cynthia, and she told me that she was ordering Uber for an elderly gentleman who was trying to walk home carrying four bags of groceries.

I picked up the gentleman, and he was very friendly and polite. Our trip was short, but he made a pleasant day even better.

The trip was only 1.25 miles, and I probably made just a buck or two over my expenses. But that doesn't matter.

God bless you, Cynthia!

·
Banned
919 Posts
If that makes you feel good then awesome for you. If I knew it was a grocery store, I would have cancelled before Cynthia gives me a call. Here is what I do know as fact: You made no money on trip or maybe a dollar and you got no tip to compensate the low wage trip.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think it is the story - I think it is the poster that bothers some on here (Hint: they think you are Uber plant).
And that's just tin-foil hat conspiracy nonsense. It's no way to live one's life.

I don't know how to prove I've not a plant. If you have an idea, tell me.

·
Banned
919 Posts
Nah, it's called Bahston.

I don't live in Utopia or Eden, but I read about all the crap that goes on in all your cars on a daily basis, and I thank the Lord every time that I live in a place with super-friendly and respectful people.

I've rated only two riders below five stars in my entire time with Uber. Both of them got four stars.
Ah, to only live in the Heartleand.

You are doing it wrong if you have given out only 2 four stars. You are a kiss ass to Uber because no one is that good if you have done at least 30 rides. Waiting more than 3 minutes, 4 star. $4-6 ride and no tip, 4 star. Didn't put in destination and sucks at giving verbal directions, 4 star. Borrows my shit amd doesn't tip, 4 star. Uses my trunk for luggage and doesn't tip, 4 star. These are the basics without mentioning attitude or shit like leaving a mess. You are a pushover. Also, are you not the guy who doesn't like tipping?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah, to only live in the Heartleand.

You are doing it wrong if you have given out only 2 four stars. You are a kiss ass to Uber because no one is that good if you have done at least 30 rides. Waiting more than 3 minutes, 4 star. $4-6 ride and no tip, 4 star. Didn't put in destination and sucks at giving verbal directions, 4 star. Borrows my shit amd doesn't tip, 4 star. Uses my trunk for luggage and doesn't tip, 4 star. These are the basics without mentioning attitude or shit like leaving a mess. You are a pushover.
And you drive in California. So I'm not the least bit surprised that your passengers are all like that.

I get passengers from out of town fairly often, and they literally "can't believe how nice people are here." They were once cynical too. And it shouldn't make you angry to hear this.

Sorry, guys, but your little corners of the world are not representative of the entire planet. It's time to expand your minds a little bit.

Also, are you not the guy who doesn't like tipping?
Why do you keep repeating this?

·
Banned
919 Posts
And you drive in California. So I'm not the least bit surprised that your passengers are all like that.

I get passengers from out of town fairly often, and they literally "can't believe" how nice people are here. They were once cynical too.

Sorry, guys, but your little corners of the world are not representative of the entire planet. It's time to expand your minds a little bit.

Why do you keep repeating this?
I have only twice. Is it true?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have only twice. Is it true?
I already explained it to you the last time you misrepresented what I've said about tipping. You can go back and find it, because I'm not going to bother again if you're not going to read it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I gots your minnesota nice right here...

I'm glad you feel good about it.

To me, its just another pax. Honestly, since she was paying the tab, I woulda ran the clock a bit to get enough out of it to feel good on disbursement day.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
Nah, it's called Bahston.
Ya' know, I was in agreement with the Original Post, but if you are going to rag on my home while touting the virtues of yours, let us simply understand that the reek of hypocrisy does not help your cause.

1. you drive in California. So I'm not the least bit surprised that your passengers are all like that.

2. Sorry, guys, but your little corners of the world are not representative of the entire planet.

3. It's time to expand your minds a little bit.
1. See my response to the first quoted post.

2. .......as if yours were?

3. Take your own advice---the results will amaze you.

Honestly, since she was paying the tab, I woulda ran the clock a bit to get enough out of it to feel good on dismemberment day.
I would not have done that. I would have done it as it was supposed to be done. I expect that the Original Poster did do it in that way.

Every once in a while, I have done something similar to what the Original Poster did. When he accepted the ping, for all that he knew, he was going to said grocery store to pick up Siouxsie, or whatever her name was. I would suspect that he expected to get there, put Siouxsie in the car, take her where she was going, do his bookwork to close out the trip then move on to his next trip. Yes, some drivers would not accept a grocery store ping or blah-blah-blah, allright, but some drivers will accept them. I will, be it Uber Taxi or UberX (although in all honesty, it does pay to run grocery jobs in the City--in a cab, at least.) I will not run for them, but if I am close, I will go get them. I stray. He got there, found out what it was, he was there, he ran the job and got paid for it. Had it been a routine UberX job, he would have done the same thing and received the same renumeration. This one simply had a nice twist to it.

I have done similar and received even better rewards for it, besides those in the Karma Bank, gold-in-the-heavenly-works-bank or whatever name you give it. As a rule, though, most of these Good Samaritan type trips that I have run have been just that. Run the trip, get the pay, help out someone in need, move on.

·
Registered
373 Posts
A happy story from the Heartleand, for those who actually like happy stories:

I just got a ping from Cynthia a supermarket. As I started driving there, I got a call from Cynthia, and she told me that she was ordering Uber for an elderly gentleman who was trying to walk home carrying four bags of groceries.

I picked up the gentleman, and he was very friendly and polite. Our trip was short, but he made a pleasant day even better.

The trip was only 1.25 miles, and I probably made just a buck or two over my expenses. But that doesn't matter.

God bless you, Cynthia!
Good for you, op.

I think these tough posters don't even remember the last time they called their parents(if they still have) to ask about their well-being.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts