Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I use uber a lot. I've been thinking of using the $25 free ride referral promo for near unlimited free rides. Here's how:

1) Print off flyers with your referral code and links to the app
2) Hand them out at in the city at weekend nights
3) watch as $25 credits come in.

Some calculations: if I can hand out 10 flyers per minute, that's 150 for 15 minutes.

If 1 in 20 sign up and take a ride (conservative), that's 8 credits. $200 worth of credits for 15 mins of work.

I will be happy to hand out flyers for $800 a hour. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.

Thoughts?
POST # 1/glados: Similar "scheming"
by Drivers in the
U.S.A. HAVE led to Deactivation. Near
identical "activities" by Employees @
World HQ at 1455 Market Street in
San Francisco have resulted in their
EMPLOYMENT TERMINATION.

In three words ? Three times ?
You're a Robot.
Twavvy wuvs You.
"Go for it!"

·
Registered
260 Posts
glados you really are naive .... you spout spin and bullshit from a "theoretical" or textbook viewpoint.

You make broad sweeping statements without backing them up with real life experience as a. UBER X Driver... the only reference point i have read that you have ever given is Uber Web sites, Uber financed surveys, and general Uber propaganda.... and yet when others post counter opinions and use media surveys ...you dismiss them as biased and weighted to give the desired outcome. ...

You , young lady, are akin to a religious zealot that quotes extracts from doctrine "as if it is fact" ....

Just ask a Scientologist, or a Moonie, or a Jim Jones devotee, or a Westboro Baptist Hate Church member.....they all have something in common with you ... blind, misguded faith in "the word of the leader"

As for your latest little piece of spin... $800 per hour huh.....? Have you tried it ...how did you go using those Uber credits to pay your rent???

Did you also disclose that all credits have an expiry date.... but that Uber selects which of the credits they are going to use for your ride.... an it is always the one that has the LONGEST EXPIRY DATE....

Why is that? .....oh ..could it be that Uber DON'T want you to have Unlimited credits....? But they do want you to do free advertising for them....

PS just Google free rides on Uber X there was an Indian guy that had $40000 uber credits - they cancelled his account.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
glados you really are naive .... you spout spin and bullshit from a "theoretical" or textbook viewpoint.

You make broad sweeping statements without backing them up with real life experience as a. UBER X Driver... the only reference point i have read that you have ever given is Uber Web sites, Uber financed surveys, and general Uber propaganda.... and yet when others post counter opinions and use media surveys ...you dismiss them as biased and weighted to give the desired outcome. ...

You , young lady, are akin to a religious zealot that quotes extracts from doctrine "as if it is fact" ....

Just ask a Scientologist, or a Moonie, or a Jim Jones devotee, or a Westboro Baptist Hate Church member.....they all have something in common with you ... blind, misguded faith in "the word of the leader"

As for your latest little piece of spin... $800 per hour huh.....? Have you tried it ...how did you go using those Uber credits to pay your rent???

Did you also disclose that all credits have an expiry date.... but that Uber selects which of the credits they are going to use for your ride.... an it is always the one that has the LONGEST EXPIRY DATE....

Why is that? .....oh ..could it be that Uber DON'T want you to have Unlimited credits....? But they do want you to do free advertising for them....

PS just Google free rides on Uber X there was an Indian guy that had $40000 uber credits - they cancelled his account.
POST # 3/ubercurious: TWO are the
possibilities here:
A) Multiple personalities funneled in-
to a Robotic Presence and Presentation
as the Voice of #[F]UberPR.
B) Single Personality with same M.O.

I have contacted #1 Notable chi1cabby
about having "its" account deleted. Would
YOU please contact #2 Sydney Uber ?
Thank You.

Mentoring Bison Endures.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Wait a minute here - I thought Uber encouraged people to hand out business cards with their referral code printed. I'm not advocating putting a cell phone number and accepting cash rides. But just printing out cards saying "Ride Uber. Sign Up. Save up to $20 off your first ride. Use referral code xxx"

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wait a minute here - I thought Uber encouraged people to hand out business cards with their referral code printed. I'm not advocating putting a cell phone number and accepting cash rides. But just printing out cards saying "Ride Uber. Sign Up. Save up to $20 off your first ride. Use referral code xxx"
Good luck with that...Uber doesn't pay...
I use my rider code, have printed cards, and have them in multiple locations, couple of doctors offices,dentists,etc...

Have similar cards with Lyft, ...same locations...

Get paid regularly with Lyft, nada from Uber...

Is it the corporate office, or the office in Miami...

Not sure..

I will CALL them tomorrow and see..

·
Registered
260 Posts
JimS, the difference between wbat you and glados have stated is slightly different I. E.:-

1) Glados was advocating you hand out "en masse" printed flyers with your "RIDER REFFERAL CODE" that entitles both you and the NEW 1st time RIDER to a Free Uber ride UP TO the value of $xx.xx (depending on your location this could be up to $20-$30 off the UBER fare that you use it on.)

What Glados skimmed over/omitted in their "Earn $800/hour" ficticious Uber PR Spin was the detail ....the math... the reality. ...but hey. ..why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

A) You, the referrer, have no way of knowing IF/WHEN any stranger that you give your mass produced RIDER code to actually uses it or not.... so you may or may not get 100% of all the referral credits you generate ..E. g. .you won't know if they take your advertising for UBER ....mention it to a friend who says ... "don't use their code use mine" and you miss out altogether ......you lose....but UBER still wins a new pax.

B) if/when you do get the RIDER code credit applied to your Rider account it automatically applies the WHOLE amount to your NEXT UBER RIDE AS A PASSENGER.... this means that if you rack up 5 x $20 RIDER REFFERAL CREDITS in one day .... then take 5 uber rides @ say $10 each ..... the actual value of the exercise was only $50.. not $100 ....but Uber won 5 new pax with a lifetime value of potentially 10's of $1000's in rides over the years to come.... see why they want you to do it ??

B) You are going out for dinner and don't want to take your car coz you are going to drink... so that is minimum of two trips ... let's say they are $15 each way .... and you have 2x $20 ride credits.... you get $30 value out of the $40 of face value .......but you know you are going to the airport the next day and it is going to be $40 to get there..... ideally you would pay normally for the 2x short trips and apply the whole credit to the long trip.....but no .....you are stuck because there is no way to CHOOSE WHEN YOU USE THE CREDITS. ...they are AUTOMATICALLY applied to your NEXT RIDE..... and you can't choose to aggregate them unless you negotiate with the driver to stop the ride (approximately) half way and then re-request the ride for the balance of the trip.....yeah good luck with that....

C) each Pax referral credit has a "use by/expiry" date.... let's say it is a month after they use their first ride.
if you get 2x new Passenger referals that use their first ride 3 weeks apart and both are listed in your Rider App .... one expires Feb 28 and one expires March 15

What Glados and Uber DON'T tell you
is that if you take an Uber ride on the 27th of Feb ..... Uber will use the credit from the 15th of March .... meaning you have to use the Feb 28th credit in next 24 hours or you LOSE IT ......

Imagine the laughs that went around the boardroom when some UberGenius graduate MBA intern came up with that little profit maker ......but you wont find it mentioned in any Uber FAQ/fine print/ or promotional material .......yet another example of why I think Uber is an evil, dirty, deceitful and down right arrogant bastard of a company.

2) what jimS is referencing is the standard DRIVER to new Pax REFFERAL CODE where a "$ bonus" is applied to your Driver pay/income account....and the pax gets $20-25 off their first trip... this is such a rip off ....for the driver

A) If you give out your rider referral code you get Up to (say) $20 in rider credit ....TAX FREE ....but with the limitations mentioned above ....

B) Using your UBER driver referral code (depending on your region) you only get $5 per NEW (1st time) pax and it forms part of your TAXABLE INCOME!!!!! so the value to you of the new pax referral is LESS THAN $5 after tax.... why would you do it when you are not even guaranteed of getting the fare from the new PAX ..????

Can you see how much Uber values the existing PAX and their network versus how much they value the existing schlep Driver?????

·
Registered
260 Posts
POST # 3/ubercurious: TWO are the
possibilities here:
A) Multiple personalities funneled in-
to a Robotic Presence and Presentation
as the Voice of #[F]UberPR.
B) Single Personality with same M.O.

I have contacted #1 Notable chi1cabby
about having "its" account deleted. Would
YOU please contact #2 Sydney Uber ?
Thank You.

Mentoring Bison Endures.
Mate I drew a similar conclusion to the multiple personalities with one avatar theory in another thread so we are thinking along similar lines :)
As for getting them banned. .. nah. .. I reckon they do more self harm than they realise. ..when the sharper tacks call them out on their Uber bullshit it is just funny and unlike taking them on face to face/individually this forum gives everyone the opportunity to advocate an opposing view and see that they are not alone in their thoughts. ... and some times even the staunchest newbie uber supporter gets the message .... which makes it worthwhile.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Ok, ubercurious, I totally get your math and agree 100% with your assessment. What I don't get about the op is what makes it a deactivate-able offense as indicated by the haberdasher.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's wonderul, could not have said it better unless my attorney was sitting here
Having a few beers with me...

To shorten it up...

UBER ****s you, no matter what you do to help them grow, they FVCK you..
Lol... and to complete the analogy. ...without lube. ...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ok, ubercurious, I totally get your math and agree 100% with your assessment. What I don't get about the op is what makes it a deactivate-able offense as indicated by the haberdasher.
I'll let Casuale Haberdasher answer that one as he has more experience with this forum than I ....but as mentioned above I reckon "bring it on" let them spin their shit and let them get shot down. .. you'll notice that glados had pulled his/her/their collective heads in after a flurry of uberSpin posts in virtually every forum category.... must mean they are feeling the heat and that the average Uberpeople forum reader is not as dumb as they thought. ....

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I use my rider code, have printed cards, and have them in multiple locations, couple of doctors offices,dentists,etc...

Not sure..

POST # 6/REBU22: Be sure that You tell
limepro of this,
YET ANOTHER #[F]UberScam. He's been
very proactive on handing out Promo
Code beer coasters to Bar&Grilles, except
I had the impression it was only for
Evil-by-design #[F]Uber. HE'LL find a
"way to collect".

Glad to see Another Floridian "Down
Under". See if You can bring #2 Notable
Sydney Uber "Up Over" upon Your re-
turn [he's been MIA for 12 days now.]

Bison is "Dual-Hemispheric".

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
POST # 6/REBU22: Be sure that You tell
limepro of this,
YET ANOTHER #[F]UberScam. He's been
very proactive on handing out Promo
Code beer coasters to Bar&Grilles, except
I had the impression it was only for
Evil-by-design #[F]Uber. HE'LL find a
"way to collect".

Glad to see Another Floridian "Down
Under". See if You can bring #2 Notable
Sydney Uber "Up Over" upon Your re-
turn [he's been MIA for 12 days now.]

Bison is "Dual-Hemispheric".
I noticed my referral code was changed and I haven't handed anything out since.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I noticed my referral code was changed and I haven't handed anything out since.
POST # 14/limepro: GOOD! One bit of
#[F]UberScam avoided,
one to go. PLEASE read up on the Engin-
eered Ripoff that Bison nick-named
"#[F]UberFool". With Careful Research
by Notables chi1cabby & LAuberX
and an Eye Popping Expose by the
Newsy Angeleno arto71, this is the
Latest Perfidy perpetrated by the
Mussolini of Market Street.

·
Premium Member
13,247 Posts

Not sure..

So in case you guys didn't know or hadn't noticed, Uber is not only saturating the market with drivers but they've been working with chain restaurants and other entertainment companies. Local chain here, owners run Fin McCools, Snuggery, and Moretti's restaurants (possibly others) and they post their own referral code on signage in restrooms, etc., so they get the referral fees. One of my occasional riders is a manager. He never tips and balked at my asking whether he'd consider putting my cards in his establishments. This guy is driving on a suspended license apparently because he likes to drink and drive. And he thinks nothing of having you wait 20, 30 or more minutes while he "just closes up", and then "oh we need to stop at x y and z so I can pickup or drop off paperwork, then take me to my lake house". Corporate America. The big businesses treat everyone like cattle, and guys like this, who aspire to be 1-percenters, follow suit. Next time he pings me, I'm rolling after 5 and collecting my fee, rather than sitting in his parking lot while he does whatever. Maybe after a few like that he'll get the picture. Besides, his driveway is a steep, rutted deal slide of a gravely mud mess. You just bragged to me that you did 17 million this year in sales. You can throw a bone over the seat once in a while, can't you?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts