Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Upfront cash premium negotiation techniques

Pay 
3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  UberBastid 
The pax help section used to have a paragraph that stated that drivers may charge them a return fee for long trips. This was sort of "permission" by Uber for drivers to charge a return fee.

Around two years ago Uber not only removed that paragraph, they added a clause to the driver contract that expressly forbids drivers from charging any additional fees from pax.

By the way, when I did rideshare, I accepted three long trips but cancelled all three because the pax refused to pay me a cash-upfront return fee.

Permits and commercial insurance are of course necessary expenses if you do private rides.
I wonder if they aren't also necessary if a driver negotiates an extra payment from an uber customer
Given the fact that Uber previously gave tacit permission (pax help section stated that drivers may charge a return fee for long trips), it's unlikely there would be any legal or insurance ramifications so long as the driver took the pax to the destination on the app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.