Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish there was something solid I could give you all. But as usual, nope.
If you've ever had to get a real issue resolved via email from Uber you know what a pain it can be with the double talk.

Well that's the same thing that happened, but only in real life. Lol
The rep promised to get me answers as to where my notification warnings about canceling are and what the cancellation rate Uber monitors is.

TransporterX was genius enough to record the whole meeting. If I find out its OK to post I will.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I wish there was something solid I could give you all. But as usual, nope.
If you've ever had to get a real issue resolved via email from Uber you know what a pain it can be with the double talk.

Well that's the same thing that happened, but only in real life. Lol
The rep promised to get me answers as to where my notification warnings about canceling are and what the cancellation rate Uber monitors is.

TransporterX was genius enough to record the whole meeting. If I find out its OK to post I will.
Phase 2 # Find out if the governing body for the TNC is more straight forward?

After all they are creating new regulations for TNCs. They might have some regulations that protect the drivers. Uber is making a mistake by show the drivers they dont care. What made uber grow as a company? What is the product they are selling? The app which is contingent on the drivers. Strong arming drivers that they aren't paid a salary. Happy driver's make for happy customers. They could not build the business on discontent and can not maintain growth on discontent. Contrary to popular opinion, not all press is good press for a company that wants to go public. Remember the dot com implosion.

I like the idea of Uber. I just hope that Travis is not just technology smart because that is less then half the strength of Uber. Neglecting their driver's interest would be their down fall. If he is operating on greed and the assumption that he can force people that are not employees to work for 80 cents a mile, that would be short sighted. Ah well, let us hope his ego doesn't cost him the business. It would be a shame, because someone else will learn from his mistakes.

The drivers survived before Uber and we will survive after Uber even if it means doing something else or for someone else. I sincerely hope the word Uber doesn't become a cautionary tale for MBA's about managing people. Uber could have been another Apple or Google, if they had only learned how to treat their people!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Exactamundo JustStef.
Happy workers = happy customers = long-term success, growth, and respect.

Dictatorship management, treat your workers like shit = good workers leave, unstable workers lash out on customers, shitty workers abide by the rules until they find something better = company will sink as soon as investors catch on and stop funding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts