Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who hails from up north?

I live in Fallbrook, will be working the 76, 78 corridor and around Carlsbad.
Just finished my Lyft Mentor Ride with Alex (had to travel to North Park)

Any meetup spots up here? Want to make one?

·
Registered
562 Posts
San marcos here. I do like working north county but most of the time ur rides are gonna take u to the beaches.

Let me know what u line up for meetups

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad Area sometimes make my way up to san marcos to drop people off. we should start a chat on kik

·
Registered
562 Posts
Did anyone get any action from the brew fest Stone Brewery had last weekend? I scored a nice 175% primetime all the way to ocean beach from San Marcos. AND a 10% tip on the lyft ride to boot. that was a good one....don't see them often.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I live in Oceanside and start most days on the Carlsbad/Encinitas border. Been driving over a year and Encinitas is the hot spot for rideshare in north county. It is hard up here as we have to drive long distances to get the pax and frequently they are going short distance. I like the airport runs and get one most days as I work early. I don not do bar crowd other than special nights like Halloween and New Years. I drive for all three companies but 80% Uber here in north.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Try to avoid rides to Escondido... It is the black hole of No. County.
Vista also sux. Long pings and short rides to work in Escondido.... Ugh.
I really agree about Escondido...have a hell of a time deciding where to go from there...South on 15 or through San Elijo back to Carlsbad! Don't like the waste of time in either case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I live in Carlsbad and have been driving for Uber since April, although I don't
drive that often. I just met my Lyft mentor this morning, as I think I want to try
to drive and get tips.

I usually start out somewhere in the Village, often just parking in the train
station parking lot. But if I turn on the app in my drive way, about half of the
time, I get a ping before I get to the Village. I have rarely had to wait long be-
tween rides, but some of them are kind of short, like from Vigalucci's off
Tamarack to the Coyote Bar.

People have been posting in various places here and on facebook to bring
along water, candy, snacks, etc. Does anyone do that in North County? I
would prefer that people not eat and spill things in my car.

I would be open to a meetup somewhere. Should we start a North County
San Diego forum on the Cities forum pages?

Regards,

Sonyaa

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I've met with another driver here in Del mar Starbucks. Very helpful, let me know if you want to meet and we can arrange it. PM me here and we can work it out.
Steve

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hi Sonya, I live in Oceanside and have been driving over a year. Would welcome a meet. I only work mornings unless special night/holiday. Let me know what you propose if that is a fit for you.

Answer to your question about treats...I have done it but find the cooler has actually got in the way so no more. I do have a charger in the car and my new vehicle offers a WIFI Hotspot that I offer to those making longer trips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Bill,

I usually drive in the early evening between 5:00 - 9:00. My time is pretty flexible.
Steve left a message up above yours about a meet. Maybe we could all get together,
and maybe whip up some more North County drivers. There can't just be us three
on here :)

Sonyaa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually, I was just looking again at the other messages in this forum and there
ARE a few of us up here. I don't know why I didn't notice or forgot about the
other posts, but that is what I get for being up too late.

Maybe we could all meet for coffee at the Starbucks near Carlsbad Village Dr.
and Carlsbad Blvd, in the Village Square, maybe a Saturday afternoon. Then
if people have regular day jobs too, there would be less likely to be a conflict.

What do you all think?

Sonyaa

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Steve, myself and a female driver who lives in the Del Mar Heights area had arranged meets on Tuesdays at 12 pm at Starbucks on Del Mar Heights Road but have pretty much given up after our driving schedules never allowed us all to meet over a couple month period. Unless you give up driving it is hard to schedule this as none of us know where we will be on any given day/time when driving. What you are proposing is a meet during a time I don't usually drive but am spending time with family...sorry! I frequently meet the female driver in Oggi's parking lot near airport as we both get many rides down there. Easier when you communicate while working. Maybe we will just get lucky and bump into each other but not likely with your work schedule and mine being opposite.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Hello Bill,

I usually drive in the early evening between 5:00 - 9:00. My time is pretty flexible.
Steve left a message up above yours about a meet. Maybe we could all get together,
and maybe whip up some more North County drivers. There can't just be us three
on here :)

Sonyaa
This is Steve, Sonyaa,
I'm usually on the road by noon, so can meet around then. Pick a day and we can meet up with Bill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Steve and Bill and any other San Diego North County drivers,

I know that I had suggested meeting on a Saturday afternoon, but when I went an
checked my appointment book to determine which Saturday, I found that all my
Saturdays in October are booked up. I have a series of volunteer events that are
all on Saturdays.

So we could wait and try to have a meet on November 7th, or pick a different day
and time. It seems that Bill can't make Saturday afternoons anyway.

Let me know what you think,

Sonyaa

1 - 20 of 23 Posts