Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Unusual, or not?

839 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  KGB7 
#1 ·
I am still fairly new, but yesterday, I went OFFLINE and was pulling into a local eatery for lunch. All of sudden, my phone goes off and I get a ride request, while OFFLINE. Is that a common occurrence?

#6 ·
Nothing.

Are you sure you were completely offline? If there is a surge, you must confirm that you are going offline. Sometimes I press OFFLINE and then look back at the screen a few seconds later and see that I haven't confirmed it.

#7 ·
Yes, when I got the "are you sure" window, I clicked YES. The one issue right before that, the trip before my meal, it took me HALF the trip for the software to finally ACCEPT my "Start Trip" activation. It kept coming back "Network Failure" and asking me to pick up the passengers. So I am thinking that even though my screen said I was offline, the Uber Computer must have NOT received that message and thought I was still online.

#8 ·
Mike McKinzie said:
What does "Binding Arbitration" have to do with me getting a "Ride Request" while I am offline?
Absolutely nothing!

I will take your reply to mean you do not like being welcomed to this forum. <shrug>:rolleyes:

<No further comment>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.