Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to Uber, I want to know if I can sign up with a 2011 4 door Toyota Yaris

Says that I need a "To drive with Uber your vehicle must be 2007 or newer, and be a mid-size or full-size sedan that comfortably seats 4-8 passengers." but I have been picked up in a 4 door Yaris before and it said it on the driver's profile.

Please respond with a concrete yes or no answer, and a brief explanation if you'd like to put one; I am a bit straightforward like that haha.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm not familiar with the yaris. Does it have four seat belts not including the driver or only 3? If it can only seat 4 including the driver, I would say no. Uber xl says their can be up to 4 pax. Another yaris may have been grandfathered in.

·
24,932 Posts
I'm not familiar with the yaris.
...........nor do you want to become familiar with it as an Uber or Lyft passenger.......or a taxi passenger, for that matter.

You would have to check either Uber's website or e-Mail Uber. What Uber allows and where varies. Here, for a long time, it would not allow Crown Victorias or Grand Marquis to carry UberX passengers, but it would in Atlanta.

I do not know how passengers in Australia would feel about it, but here, you would be one-starred straight to de-activation. There are more than a few Uber users here who low-rate a Prius or Corolla, as it is, because they tell me that there is no passenger room in either of those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Just google Toyota Yaris 4 door 2011. I can't post links yet.!I have been picked up by an Uber driver in a Toyota Yaris last month.

Need a concrete answer please

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The Yaris sedan is approved for 5 pax so, yes, you should get approved with one that is a 2011. Is it under 100K and free of body damage? Those are requirements too. You will have to submit interior and exterior photos that look decent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's over 100kms but is immaculate

I can't find any contact details for Uber for Perth or Australia, does anyone know them please?

·
24,932 Posts
Five years old, sixty-three thousand miles. It ought to be allright.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts