Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first ride today was about 25 minutes. The lady handed me a cash tip and I figured it as a couple ones. I went to DD to get a coffee and used my tip. Hidden inside the 3 singles was a five dollar bill making the tip 8 bucks for a 12 dollar fare.
I thought that was very generous. It reminded me of how things were pre pandemic and how rare these tips are now.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
2 more dollars and you can have an apple pie with your happy meal lol. you want a unicorn? here is just one example. took a guy to a dispensary,no kb...had a conversation with him that turned into a 38 dollar in app ride and a 120 cash tip. I could go on with other examples but i think you get the point.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Once got a tip of over $50. It was Christmas Eve and the customer tried ordering from Dickey’s BBQ Pit. He was told they were out of meat!

He placed another order with an upscale fast casual restaurant which I delivered. It worked out great for me.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once got a tip of over $50. It was Christmas Eve and the customer tried ordering from Dickey’s BBQ Pit. He was told they were out of meat!

He placed another order with an upscale fast casual restaurant which I delivered. It worked out great for me.
That's a great story !

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wrong. More like how rare they have always been!
Get this when Uber put tipping on the app they actually had a promotion week where they matched every tip on your app.
I put this up there with my 1000 dollar yearly bonus I got right before the stocks IPO.
I may as well include a hand signed Christmas card from corporate in my state.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts