Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you think UberXL 28% fee is fair?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We must make a case about this outrageous fee of 28% for UberXL Drivers. It cost us more gas and maintenance on our vehicles. If we come together we could get this fee lowered. We the drivers are the spine of Uber's business model, there for we should have a strong voice and stand our ground on unfairness. At the end is our l hard work and property that they are capitalizing on.

Please share your thoughts and I truly hope we can make a difference.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Welcome to the Forums Richard G. I see you're new here. Your thoughts are awesome but just realize this is Uber that you're talking about.

There will never be change in the drivers favor. They HATE drivers. There's two solutions to your issue. Quit now or continue to get ****ed by Goober. They don't give two shits about their drivers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forums Richard G. I see you're new here. Your thoughts are awesome but just realize this is Uber that you're talking about.

There will never be change in the drivers favor. They HATE drivers. There's two solutions to your issue. Quit know or continue to get ****ed by Goober. They don't give two shits about their drivers.
Same reply as before: Then lets help Lyft gain more market. They seem to understand their drivers better.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hear hear!

I'm silkscreening 10 "Uber sucks -- Lyft rules!" t-shirts in my garage as I type...
we can take this to the streets, one for all, all for one! We won't stop until every last Prius with a U in the windshield is driving endlessly up and down boulevards in eternal paxless limbo!
We got this!

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Richard.
Remember to read, read, read.
After that, if you're still as gung-ho about this uniting/fighting/striking deal, come see me... I'll share my meds.
:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I quit Uber in April, but I'm seriously considering trying Lyft. At this point I'll do anything I can to **** over Travis the prick.
I recommend Lyft. If you commit to 30+ hrs you get 10% bonus and 20% for 50+ hrs. I am averaging about $10 per ride w/Lyft before bonuses. With Uber my average is $6 per ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hear hear!

I'm silkscreening 10 "Uber sucks -- Lyft rules!" t-shirts in my garage as I type...
we can take this to the streets, one for all, all for one! We won't stop until every last Prius with a U in the windshield is driving endlessly up and down boulevards in eternal paxless limbo!
We got this!

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Richard.
Remember to read, read, read.
After that, if you're still as gung-ho about this uniting/fighting/striking deal, come see me... I'll share my meds.
:)
You are a funny dude. LOL

LETS DO THIS!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The only way we can tip the balance is by choosing the better company. We can't change Uber but we can choose who we work for. And if we don't work for Uber they won't make any money. Lyft advantage over Uber is their relationship with their drivers and I am always happy to take Lyft requests over Uber. It takes me less to make more with Lyft, plain and simple. Anyone that works for Lyft would agree.

We should help Lyft gain more market and forget about Uber and their ways. Just as Uber disrupted the taxi companies, Lyft could do the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I quit Uber in April, but I'm seriously considering trying Lyft. At this point I'll do anything I can to **** over Travis the prick.
After all that's the beauty of being an independent contractor. You make your own choices.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
We must make a case about this outrageous fee of 28% for UberXL Drivers. It cost us more gas and maintenance on our vehicles. If we come together we could get this fee lowered. We the drivers are the spine of Uber's business model, there for we should have a strong voice and stand our ground on unfairness. At the end is our l hard work and property that they are capitalizing on.

Please share your thoughts and I truly hope we can make a difference.

Thank you.
Don't be shocked if that number continues to rise... I was an "independent contractor" for a large global limo outfit for over 9yrs; we paid, on paper, 35% commissions, but in reality it came out to 40-45%. Plus, each vehicle we had in their system was assessed a monthly "spot fee" of $950 just for the privilege of getting work at all. And don't get me started on management/dispatch bribery/corruption... Company lost a employee/contractor judgement in California about 4yrs ago and kicked us all out. Having said this, I stayed until the end because I was making great money on my cars per month, sad to see it end...

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
This forum will always be full of people complaining "and rightly so", they come here in blazing glory praising Uber the God, then three month's into this venture they start to realize that it's not actually the messiah they so happily praised and threw flower pedals upon his feet, it was Lucifer in disguise, so they decide to leave, and new unassuming fresh meat is ready for it's turn to taste that sweet nectar called Uber, only to realize it's a nothing but a big lie. Uber is nothing more than a snake in the grass, they don't and never did care for the drivers, you are all interchangeable, it's a continuing turnstile, welcome to third world wages, they are slowly creeping there.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
There is no doubt that Lyft seems to be the better business model - both in sustainability for their own corporation but for the IC's too. I can't Lyft right now, so I'm on their waiting list for when they come to town. I just prefer the styling of Uber's logo.

Meanwhile, the rates are still fine here, and I'll drive when I can. Demand isn't up to the saturation of drivers yet. There are a lot of yeomen passing out cards wherever and whenever they can. If Uber would do a bit of advertising for RIDERS in this area, it would be incredible. The only way I found out was 1) AT&T upgraded my phone and forced the drivers app on it as bloatware, then 2) local news stories about the Airport agreement. Problem is, folks coming in don't know Uber is available and head straight for the taxis. I don't have a problem with taxis, but there are times when the taxi lines are empty and 6 Uber drivers are in the staging area.

One thing I haven't really seen in this forum is a viable solution. There are valid suggestions (ie: allowing tips through the Uber app) but how do you balance increasing fares, wages, benefits, without a correlating increase in more new drivers? How do prevent someone from wanting to try this while YOU want to keep going with it?

This thread in particular. 28% is unfair compared to the 20% charged against UberX. Do YOU want to make more money? Or do you want to make Uber more money? Don't forget, you can't make money unless Uber is.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
There is no doubt that Lyft seems to be the better business model - both in sustainability for their own corporation but for the IC's too. I can't Lyft right now, so I'm on their waiting list for when they come to town. I just prefer the styling of Uber's logo.

Meanwhile, the rates are still fine here, and I'll drive when I can. Demand isn't up to the saturation of drivers yet. There are a lot of yeomen passing out cards wherever and whenever they can. If Uber would do a bit of advertising for RIDERS in this area, it would be incredible. The only way I found out was 1) AT&T upgraded my phone and forced the drivers app on it as bloatware, then 2) local news stories about the Airport agreement. Problem is, folks coming in don't know Uber is available and head straight for the taxis. I don't have a problem with taxis, but there are times when the taxi lines are empty and 6 Uber drivers are in the staging area.

One thing I haven't really seen in this forum is a viable solution. There are valid suggestions (ie: allowing tips through the Uber app) but how do you balance increasing fares, wages, benefits, without a correlating increase in more new drivers? How do prevent someone from wanting to try this while YOU want to keep going with it?

This thread in particular. 28% is unfair compared to the 20% charged against UberX. Do YOU want to make more money? Or do you want to make Uber more money? Don't forget, you can't make money unless Uber is.
Are you one of those $#&* that has that U plastered on their window, let me ask you something, how much advertising revenue is Uber paying you. I see guys like you every day and just want to cringe.

·
Registered
836 Posts

It is standard uber practice to unilaterally change fares and commission at their whim. Drivers only real choice is whether to drive or not. Do not be surprised to wake up and Uber X has 28% commission or $2 SRF.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you one of those $#&* that has that U plastered on their window, let me ask you something, how much advertising revenue is Uber paying you. I see guys like you every day and just want to cringe.
-- I don't use the U on my windshield. They don't pay me to advertise for them! As long as I can pick up a passenger safely and not cause any problems, I won't be ticketed and can carry on with business as usual.

I like you,don't understand why people continue advertising for them - for FREE.

No, Thanks!

·
Registered
836 Posts
-- I don't use the U on my windshield. They don't pay me to advertise for them! As long as I can pick up a passenger safely and not cause any problems, I won't be ticketed and can carry on with business as usual.

I like you,don't understand why people continue advertising for them - for FREE.

No, Thanks!
In some cities you are breaking the law driving without U and you may get cited for that especially at airports

1 - 20 of 33 Posts