Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfathomable how many Uber's and Lyft's are on the road in Weho tonight. I went to pick up Fresh Corn Grill for my wife and I and in a short 2 mile drive back home I saw at least 25-30 purple lit Lyft signs in dashboards or saw uber sticks on the backs of cars. All driving for stupid peanut base fares. Wouldn't surprise me if some people who post on this board and complain are the ones driving by me too. Sad. This rideshare thing truly is coming to an end. So many desperate ants out there literally driving for peanuts. WTAF?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Rideshare thing won't come to an end. Drivers always in circulation.
It is strange that no one mentions the reasons for these people driving for peanuts, well yes majority are driving for money, but some are driving for other reasons like
1- Retiered people who have nothing to do.
2- Young people who see it a way to meet women.
3- Sort of therapy, instead of going to a psychologist.
4- Feel free to add your reasons.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Unfathomable how many Uber's and Lyft's are on the road in Weho tonight. I went to pick up Fresh Corn Grill for my wife and I and in a short 2 mile drive back home I saw at least 25-30 purple lit Lyft signs in dashboards or saw uber sticks on the backs of cars. All driving for stupid peanut base fares. Wouldn't surprise me if some people who post on this board and complain are the ones driving by me too. Sad. This rideshare thing truly is coming to an end. So many desperate ants out there literally driving for peanuts. Wth?
Thanks for the heads up. I was contemplating anting around tonight but the picture you just painted for me made me slap some sense into myself.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Unfathomable how many Uber's and Lyft's are on the road in Weho tonight. I went to pick up Fresh Corn Grill for my wife and I and in a short 2 mile drive back home I saw at least 25-30 purple lit Lyft signs in dashboards or saw uber sticks on the backs of cars. All driving for stupid peanut base fares. Wouldn't surprise me if some people who post on this board and complain are the ones driving by me too. Sad. This rideshare thing truly is coming to an end. So many desperate ants out there literally driving for peanuts. Wth?
But there's 1.1 bonus all over the city! Why wouldn't you take advantage of something like that?? Imagine the extra money you could make. More rides you give, more money you'll make. Uber on!

It is strange that no one mentions the reasons for these people driving for peanuts, well yes majority are driving for money, but some are driving for other reasons like
That's the minority. People bare with this crappy gig to pay bills, not enjoy life.

Meeting girls? Lmao. Yeah, 5 years ago when Uber wasn't seen as a stinky cheap cab service driven by stinky loser drivers.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
But there's 1.1 bonus all over the city! Why wouldn't you take advantage of something like that?? Imagine the extra money you could make. More rides you give, more money you'll make. Uber on!

That's the minority. People bare with this crappy gig to pay bills, not enjoy life.

Meeting girls? Lmao. Yeah, 5 years ago when Uber wasn't seen as a stinky cheap cab service driven by stinky loser drivers.
Yes Meeting girls , all types of women take ride share.
Teenagers, singles, old, divorced, you just choose what is suitable for you.
Not all drivers are stinky losers, some see us as cool people. I meet many over a year driving.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're retired and have nothing to do, find a new hobby. Go hiking or take up golf or become a dog walker. Like really. Like who wants to drive in LA traffic because they are bored? Lol

And if young guys need to use ride share as a means to try and pick up women, they should probably get some sort of help. It's really not that hard to find and talk to women, especially with all the social media and apps that are out there today

Thanks for the heads up. I was contemplating anting around tonight but the picture you just painted for me made me slap some sense into myself.
Don't do it. You're only going to hurt yourself (and us , the good drivers) in the long run. Be patient and wait it out :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Meeting girls , all types of women take ride share.
Teenagers, singles, old, divorced, you just choose what is suitable for you.
Not all drivers are stinky losers, some see us as cool people. I meet many over a year driving.
Sure I too have met many a women driving as well but A) I'm married so I don't take it any further than that. And B) those women don't look at us as cool, they look at us like loser cab drivers lol.
The only reason some may be somewhat interested is because I show them my Instagram and social media and they see I'm a DJ with a lot of gigs and Followers. So sometimes I use that as an advantage to gain new fans etc. But hot girls aren't going to want to get with just cab drivers unless it's 2 am and they are super drunk and feeling lonely lol

Retired people usually don't drive dt LA or rush hours, they drive close to their homes.
Hiking is not for everyone, you must be healthy.
Golf is mainly for rich$$$ people.
Hiking everyday will make you healthy and appreciate the beautiful state of California that we live in With the worlds best weather :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agree, you just added a new reason for SOME , to drive. Advertising their business.
That could be partially true. However that's not at all the reason why I drive sometimes. I just drive sometimes when music slows down and I don't want to dip into my savings. But I also only like driving smart like when it's surging high. If I'm only going to make like say $500-$600 a week, id much rather do it in 15-20 hours instead of 40-50. :)

Because I gotta pay my rent :)
I understand and can respect that. But maybe (and I'm not trying to be a ball buster) use this more as a side gig for pocket change and work a real job to help pay your rent. Or maybe try and drive only when it's surging so you can maximize your earnings in much less hours. Work smarter not harder :)

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Sure I too have met many a women driving as well but A) I'm married so I don't take it any further than that. And B) those women don't look at us as cool, they look at us like loser cab drivers lol.
The only reason some may be somewhat interested is because I show them my Instagram and social media and they see I'm a DJ with a lot of gigs and Followers. So sometimes I use that as an advantage to gain new fans etc. But hot girls aren't going to want to get with just cab drivers unless it's 2 am and they are super drunk and feeling lonely lol
Right. If you're late 20's early 30's, a gym rat who looks good and speaks good, then yeah. There'll be people willing to give you a shot.

You might even get lucky with desperate housewives feeling depressed and lonely, looking for some young lover for self validation.

But if you're a 40+ couch potato still living with roommates hustling uber to pay bills, lmao any hook up through driving and the po po will be knocking on your door the next morning to collect you for rape charges.

·
Registered
469 Posts
5-Serial rapists looking for fresh meat.
6-House burglers looking for vacant properties.
7-Illegal aliens with criminal records in another country who can't get a real job.
8-Good people with IQ's less than the speed limit.
I also think that many of the trade dressed cars that we see no longer play the game........they just keep it "in case".
not a good way to meet woman and very depressing when one finds out the truth of rideshare

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
5-Serial rapists looking for fresh meat.
6-House burglers looking for vacant properties.
7-Illegal aliens with criminal records in another country who can't get a real job.
8-Good people with IQ's less than the speed limit.
I also think that many of the trade dressed cars that we see no longer play the game........they just keep it "in case".
not a good way to meet woman and very depressing when one finds out the truth of rideshare
9-You forgot the Vampires and Zombies who are just bored lying dead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts