Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week, I've been noticing that when I put the airport in as a destination on the rider app from the east valley, it takes you all the way around to the west entrance. Tonight I tried it again from a location close to the east entrance with no traffic or closures and it still tried to take me all the way around. Yet my 4 ride requests today from the east valley to the airport came in to the driver app and they all say take the east entrance. Is this Uber fleecing the customer taken to a whole new level with "upfront pricing"?
Product Font Line Parallel Technology

Product Font Line Map Screenshot

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes and I have written to uber about it but never a response.....so if you want to get around it and get paid then go the long route....this was Uber can't screw you out of money

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i noticed it too, you have to type terminal 4 for it to take you the short way, but i put most people just type sky harbor
So if someone puts in Terminal 4 from the West Valley, will it take them around to the east entrance?

With Uber all about saving people time and money, I just don't see how the algorithm works from the east valley. Even if it's Terminal 2, it is so much quicker and easier to take the east entrance.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
So if someone puts in Terminal 4 from the West Valley, will it take them around to the east entrance?

With Uber all about saving people time and money, I just don't see how the algorithm works from the east valley. Even if it's Terminal 2, it is so much quicker and easier to take the east entrance.
Yeah the up front fare with uber takes the longest way now so the driver will take the shorter way and uber can pocket the difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts