Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
When there's surge there's no time to think/decide. Gone before you know it. Unless your in it or very close better off not even paying it mind. Either passengers will wait it out, or Uber attempting to redirect drivers. "Surge Chasing" will cause you to go crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I saw that on my way in this AM. Hit 2.2x. Never seen that at Dulles.
I did a Dulles Soccer Field dropoff 4th of July and got a 2.5X ping. Shocked the shit out of me.

I think the Pig Pen is capped at 2.0X, Soccer Field capped at 2.5X. Reading L.A. Boards they cap airports there at 2.5X too.

Why Uber caps surge at airports is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Last night I dropped off a Lyft passenger at IAD and the Lyft queue was 34 drivers. I barely made it past the United drop off doors and I got a pick-up at door 4 going back to the city. Those queues are some kind of messed up.

All evening the queue at DCA was in the single digits, yet not surging.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I was dreaming of ICE doing a lap through the DCA Pigpen every 20 minutes, but then again, I went by on GW parkway and saw the back up just to get into the pigpen lot, so maybe the queue just couldn't refill.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last night I dropped off a Lyft passenger at IAD and the Lyft queue was 34 drivers. I barely made it past the United drop off doors and I got a pick-up at door 4 going back to the city. Those queues are some kind of messed up.

All evening the queue at DCA was in the single digits, yet not surging.
The queues aren't messed up. This is a new strategy by Lyft and Uber. To be honest I love it because it means no waiting in the lots. Here's a good write up on airport pre-match:
https://goo.gl/AQ7ZnU

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.