·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do who’s got their crystal ball?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Nice one Uber. Let's leave an under-age alone at a bus stop. I pick them up. Normally it is parents who book because they are held up.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Uber. Let's leave an under-age alone at a bus stop. I pick them up. Normally it is parents who book because they are held up.
I dont, insurance lost if you do & not one leg to stand if allegations are made. I drive Uber to look after my children, perhas the cheapskate who booked should pay the extra for a Taxi instead of making you take an uninsured risk for next to nothing...

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I dont, insurance lost if you do & not one leg to stand if allegations are made. I drive Uber to look after my children, perhas the cheapskate who booked should pay the extra for a Taxi instead of making you take an uninsured risk for next to nothing...
It might be against Ubers, Didi's and Olas terms and conditions but its not against the law, im sure the rideshare companies would try and deactivate you if they found cause, however i know there are literally thousands upon thousands of underage accounts which Uber have allowed, in fact teenagers trying to get to work would be a major users of rideshare, as for insurance that would have to be tested in court or some legal advice obtained to know the true situation instead of making assumptions. There is also something called duty of care, how would you feel if another Daniel Morcombe incident occurred because you didnt pick up.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be against Ubers, Didi's and Olas terms and conditions but its not against the law, im sure the rideshare companies would try and deactivate you if they found cause, however i know there are literally thousands upon thousands of underage accounts which Uber have allowed, in fact teenagers trying to get to work would be a major users of rideshare, as for insurance that would have to be tested in court or some legal advice obtained to know the true situation instead of making assumptions. There is also something called duty of care, how would you feel if another Daniel Morcombe incident occurred because you didnt pick up.
Ubers policy! If something happens & its an unaccompanied minor Ubers public liability insurance will not pay out...

Then it voids your vehicles comprehensive insurance because your not following the company policy your driving for.

Also 3rd pty on your redgo may be in jeopardy because of purpose of use is being violated due to non compliance of Ubers policy.

I used to take them but am no longer as its simply not worth the $2 profits.

Ubers makes out they dont want you to take underage but their only covering their own arse. Uber will push you off a cliff for any commission!

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Ubers policy! If something happens & its an unaccompanied minor Ubers public liability insurance will not pay out...

Then it voids your vehicles comprehensive insurance because your not following the company policy your driving for.

Also 3rd pty on your redgo may be in jeopardy because of purpose of use is being violated due to non compliance of Ubers policy.

Ubers makes out they dont want you to take underage but their only covering their own arse. Uber will push you off a cliff for any commission!
Uber insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on. As for comprehensive and rego they have nothing to do with Uber policy and you are fully covered as under ACL. These have no exclusions for minors. Sleepo is right. "Duty of care". There are not hundreds of thousands but millions of under 18 riders. Do you think Uber would want the negative outrage of a minor being abducted or worse because the driver didn't pick them up. Let alone the legal proceedings against you by the parents. Anyway everyone entitled to their own but seriously how would I make any money during schooling week on the Gold Coast.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uber insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on. As for comprehensive and rego they have nothing to do with Uber policy and you are fully covered as under ACL. These have no exclusions for minors. Sleepo is right. "Duty of care". There are not hundreds of thousands but millions of under 18 riders. Do you think Uber would want the negative outrage of a minor being abducted or worse because the driver didn't pick them up. Let alone the legal proceedings against you by the parents. Anyway everyone entitled to their own but seriously how would I make any money during schooling week on the Gold Coast.
Whats wrong with your eyes & brain? -

“A rider must be at least 18 years of age to have an Uber account and request rides.”

You will be permanently deactivated if its found your picking up underage riders! Not the opposite you fools🤷‍♂️...

·
Premium Member
326 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A person with a brain doesn't leave a minor stranded.
Duty of care is with the parents & making sure the service they use to transport children is appropriate. No minor can make an account with Uber, it won’t let them get past the birth date so the parents then use their account. Taxi & Shebah are the appropriate services for minors yet the parents aren’t willing to pay the extra...

Taxi & Shebah are more expensive because drivers must walk the minor into school or to their 18+ care person. That is duty of care NOT just dropping them off & driving away because your then responsible if they don’t show up...

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Duty of care is with the parents & making sure the service they use to transport children is appropriate. No minor can make an account with Uber, it won’t let them get past the birth date so the parents then use their account. Taxi & Shebah are the appropriate services for minors yet the parents aren’t willing to pay the extra...

Taxi & Shebah are more expensive because drivers must walk the minor into school or to their 18+ care person. That is duty of care NOT just dropping them off & driving away because your then responsible if they don’t show up...
I don't live in your perfect world Beep. I live in the real world. Good luck mate.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't live in your perfect world Beep. I live in the real world. Good luck mate.
Your the one who needs good luck going against policy & not for filling duty of care correctly👍

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts

Ubers policy is only there in case all other insurance avenues fail and its useless anyway, i and many others in qld are now commercially insured on their comprehensive policy, your CTP covers rideshare, this is purpose of use, no where does it say but you cant deal with under 18's, if you have your own BEA , you still have to have purpose of use as rideshare and again nowhere does it say avoid under 18's, and for that matter does it actually ask for DOB when you sign up as a rider?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Uber has failed it’s duty of care for allowing a person to have an account in the first place,passenger should be treated like drivers upload documents license or proof of age id ,they need it for pubs and clubs anyway and facial recognition to log in or take a trip and check their photo on app like they do for us, that will save the drama.!

·
Premium Member
9,102 Posts
It’s legal for rideshare drivers in all Australian states and territories to convey unaccompanied minors.

The provisions in Uber’s rider terms of service about unaccompanied minors are not reflected in the driver’s contract, and it’s the latter document that determines a driver’s contractual obligations. There’s no basis for incorporating provisions from the former into the latter.

The driver has no contractual or legal obligation to enforce the terms of the rider agreement.

There are no terms in insurance policies that deny coverage merely because a driver is operating contrary to a rideshare company’s policy where the driver is operating legally.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ubers policy is only there in case all other insurance avenues fail and its useless anyway, i and many others in qld are now commercially insured on their comprehensive policy, your CTP covers rideshare, this is purpose of use, no where does it say but you cant deal with under 18's, if you have your own BEA , you still have to have purpose of use as rideshare and again nowhere does it say avoid under 18's, and for that matter does it actually ask for DOB when you sign up as a rider?
Yes it does.

It’s legal for rideshare drivers in all Australian states and territories to convey unaccompanied minors.

The provisions in Uber’s rider terms of service about unaccompanied minors are not reflected in the driver’s contract, and it’s the latter document that determines a driver’s contractual obligations. There’s no basis for incorporating provisions from the former into the latter.

The driver has no contractual or legal obligation to enforce the terms of the rider agreement.

There are no terms in insurance policies that deny coverage merely because a driver is operating contrary to a rideshare company’s policy where the driver is operating legally.
If you wanna be deactivated then continue transporting against Ubers policy👍

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
It's a tough one , about 1 in 5 Sydney east is a teen cause they all cashed up and parents busy ..

Kudos to Beep and Jack for explaining all sides of the situation that way each can make their own informed conscience call on the little grunters

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It's a tough one , about 1 in 5 Sydney east is a teen cause they all cashed up and parents busy ..

Kudos to Beep and Jack for explaining all sides of the situation that way each can make their own informed conscience call on the little grunters
They can pay extra or drop their children themselves!

Duty of care is to hand underage rider over to teacher or 18+ care person. NOT just drop them off at gate & drive. If something happens between you dropping them off at the gate & them getting to teacher or 18+ care person your liabilitie!

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
Duty of care is an element of negilgence which from memory is a tort..if we owe a duty of care which we would to a rider and we do something reasonably foreseeable that could cause harm then we may have to pay damages .. that could extend out beyond the ride eg dropping Beep of outside Macca's on a 2 for 1 sundae special 👍🤣

Then you have the contract ...

Then we got legislation which may also impose a duty of care

Then we have our missuses or misters who oversee all and know all 🤣

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
A person with a brain doesn't leave a minor stranded.
What - Their parents you mean?

I rarely agree with Beep, but 100% here.

I've lobbed at a house once where 2 schoolkids came out , both would've been under 15. Mum ( I presume ) was on the top of the stairs. I knocked them back and explained to kids and Mum why. And offered the option of round trip with Mum in the car. Got a gobfull from all 3 of them.

What is wrong with these people?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts