Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other night at 2 in the morning is san luis obispo I was the only driver out (its not a very busy city) I get a call from a girl, I get there and they have 6 people that they want to fit in my car i hace to tel them no over and over again. so they tell me they want me to do 2 trips back to their hotel becauase there are no other drivers out and they cant get a cab. Hotel is only 5 or so miles away. So i do it, i take the first group, go back then brink the second group, all on the same fare, as per their request. the total fare was 30 bucks (rates are pretty good here). Next day i see on my phone that 30 dollar fare has been cut in half to 14 dollars. So i email Uber. here's the thread:

---------
Hello,

I'm very unhappy to see today in my trips history that a trip was incorrectly adjusted without me even being notified. Is this normal procedure? If I hadn't just happen to check that I wouldn't have even known that I was shorted for that trip. It makes me wonder how many times this has happened in this past without me ever knowing. Drivers should always be notified if a fare is being reduced so they can dispute it if necessary and it's just common sense that you must tell someone if their pay is being reduced. Doing it without telling the driver is completely unethical. The trip I'm referring to took place Aug 25th at 2:06 am. I don't have the trip I'd because I'm looking at in on my phone. The original fare was right around 30 dollars and I can see it was reduced to 14.02.

---------------

Hello John,

I understand that it might be alarming to see your fare change in the system and I’m happy to explain what happened here.

Your rider let us know that that the route on this trip was not ideal and the increased time and distance of the trip led to an incorrectly higher fare. The fare was adjusted to reflect what this trip should have cost with a direct route.

Inefficient routes are the number one reason that riders provide feedback about trips. Asking riders in the beginning of trips whether they have a preferred route or whether you can rely on your GPS is a great way to earn five-star ratings.

With regards to the post adjustment that was made on your account, you should received and email regarding this adjustment. The emails should be sent to the email address link on your account.

Please reach out if you think there are any additional details I should know.

Best,

---------------------

Hi Debbiemore,

The rider did not tell the truth. Please look at the fare. I made 2 trips from the same starting location to the same hotel to bring two groups of passengers back to their hotel. This was all at the passengers request. This policy of changing fares at a riders request without checking with the driver is ubsurd. A rider can lie and say whatever they want and uber doesn't even check with the driver to see if it's true before slashing a fare? I have been driver for over a year and I know what I'm doing. The route was correct, like I said I made 2 trips to take 6 passengers back to their hotel. I can't believe they went and complained about this when I was the only driver out and they were stranded and they begged me to do it. This fare needs to be changed back immediately. I'm sorry but this is an outrage to me. I can't believe uber treats it's drivers like this.

-------------------------

I can't believe those ****ing cheap bastard passengers, they were stranded and they acted so grateful at the time that I would get them all home and then they go and do this!? I should have just driven away the second they asked me to fit 6 people in my car.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
So the other night at 2 in the morning is san luis obispo I was the only driver out (its not a very busy city) I get a call from a girl, I get there and they have 6 people that they want to fit in my car i hace to tel them no over and over again. so they tell me they want me to do 2 trips back to their hotel becauase there are no other drivers out and they cant get a cab. Hotel is only 5 or so miles away. So i do it, i take the first group, go back then brink the second group, all on the same fare, as per their request. the total fare was 30 bucks (rates are pretty good here). Next day i see on my phone that 30 dollar fare has been cut in half to 14 dollars. So i email Uber. here's the thread:

---------
Hello,

I'm very unhappy to see today in my trips history that a trip was incorrectly adjusted without me even being notified. Is this normal procedure? If I hadn't just happen to check that I wouldn't have even known that I was shorted for that trip. It makes me wonder how many times this has happened in this past without me ever knowing. Drivers should always be notified if a fare is being reduced so they can dispute it if necessary and it's just common sense that you must tell someone if their pay is being reduced. Doing it without telling the driver is completely unethical. The trip I'm referring to took place Aug 25th at 2:06 am. I don't have the trip I'd because I'm looking at in on my phone. The original fare was right around 30 dollars and I can see it was reduced to 14.02.

---------------

Hello John,

I understand that it might be alarming to see your fare change in the system and I'm happy to explain what happened here.

Your rider let us know that that the route on this trip was not ideal and the increased time and distance of the trip led to an incorrectly higher fare. The fare was adjusted to reflect what this trip should have cost with a direct route.

Inefficient routes are the number one reason that riders provide feedback about trips. Asking riders in the beginning of trips whether they have a preferred route or whether you can rely on your GPS is a great way to earn five-star ratings.

With regards to the post adjustment that was made on your account, you should received and email regarding this adjustment. The emails should be sent to the email address link on your account.

Best,

---------------------

Hi Debbiemore,

The rider did not tell the truth. Please look at the fare. I made 2 trips from the same starting location to the same hotel to bring two groups of passengers back to their hotel. This was all at the passengers request. This policy of changing fares at a riders request without checking with the driver is ubsurd. A rider can lie and say whatever they want and uber doesn't even check with the driver to see if it's true before slashing a fare? I have been driver for over a year and I know what I'm doing. The route was correct, like I said I made 2 trips to take 6 passengers back to their hotel. I can't believe they went and complained about this when I was the only driver out and they were stranded and they begged me to do it. This fare needs to be changed back immediately. I'm sorry but this is an outrage to me. I can't believe uber treats it's drivers like this.

I can't believe those ****ing cheap bastard passengers, they were stranded and they acted so grateful at the time that I would get them all home and then they go and do this!? I should have just driven away the second they asked me to fit 6 people in my car.
Ain't that a *****???

·
Registered
15,927 Posts

---------
Hello,

---------------

Hello John,

I understand that it might be alarming to see your fare change in the system and I'm happy to explain what happened here.

Best,

---------------------

Hi Debbiemore,

you probably got two 1 stars as well

·
Registered
759 Posts
Haha wow dude I can't believe someone would do something so unethical. I wonder what goes through their minds when they **** over someone who's trying to help, please keep us updated on the email exchange. Hope uber takes care of you and hope those six passengers get the karma they deserve

·
24,233 Posts
Believe it. I have seen worse. As Mr_Frenchie has told you, always go with your gut feeling. You smelled something's stinking up the place--it was a rat. Let them beg, plead, cajole, promise.....the answer must always be "sor-RAYYYY!".

Do not even wait long enough to tell them that you have been burned too many times. Cancel and get out.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

---------
Hello,

---------------

Hello John,

Best,

---------------------

Hi Debbiemore,

I would have used the "need help" button after the ride was completed. Or, I would have ended the ride and had another pax request. If the original pax is not in the second trip

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
So i do it, i take the first group, go back then bring the second group, all on the same fare, as per their request. the total fare was 30 bucks (rates are pretty good here). Next day i see on my phone that 30 dollar fare has been cut in half to 14 dollars
So $30 divided by 6 = $5 each.

I just googled 'Bus Fare in San Diego' and it tells me:

• MTS Bus with a $2.25 or a $2.50 one-way fare

So they wanted their "personal driver" for LESS than BUS FARE? :D:p:eek::oops:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Rule of thumb (if you've been reading this forum for a while) : as soon as you learn that party is too big for your car CANCEL immediately! No good will ever come from reasoning with them or giving in to reduced party trip.
Just cancel and drive away. Always.

·
Banned
64 Posts
where you messed up is that you accepted the trip when there's a bad vibe from the get go you should not accept the trip and I always have the the customer type in the address one and back when you took the first group you should have ended the trip
then have her request you from over there
then went back for the second group that way no way she could dispute the charge
when a customer doesn't put in the destination it's easy for them to dispute the charge that's why I always tell them they have to put in the destination or this car is not moving expecially if they make more than one stop I always have them put in a new destination if they give me any s*** out the door they go

1 - 20 of 40 Posts