Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took a lyft rider 2.3 miles in Elmhurst Illinois. The rider was charged $19 for a 7-minute ride and I was paid $5.21. he showed me the cost. I was completely astounded. I don't mind getting the five bucks but to have the rider pay $19 for a 7-minute trip? How disgusting. I almost never want to use lift again. What the hell was going on here? Riders and drivers are getting raped by this company. I started tracking my payments and asking the riders for their cost on their way out. Things werea little better on Uber. But what lift did was reprehensible. I've never been in favor of a strike but I think after seeing this I think one is in order. I drive lift and Uber full-time and so does my girlfriend. With $5.50 gallon prices in Illinois and lift gouging these riders. It makes me want to... Well you know

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Why do you think lyft quit telling us what they were charging the passengers?? Before they made their API private, oftentimes they would be charging 350% Prime without a penny being paid to the drivers. The whole city would be in a constant 25% Prime twenty-four hours a day. They probably been doing this for months or years before people started figuring it out

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
It's a downright disgrace and that's exactly why they are being sued. If you want to cheat the driver then fine but now they are squeezing extra from the rider too which is only going to decrease demand.
I ha e a friend that works at a Lyft hub in California. They have been doing this since 2019. He tells me they take 60 to 70 % now on almost every ride.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I no longer use Uber or Lyft as a source of income, but I still have active accounts with both. Since November, I have logged on periodically to pick up passengers and screw with them. I usually tell them horrible things about Uber/Lyft's business practices. Some of the stuff is real. Some of it is completely made-up BS that the company doesn't actually do.

My mission is to get as many riders as possible to stop using rideshare services. These companies deserve to fail, and I will do my part to help that along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts