Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather is keeping the wife home today. Out of curiosity, we checked the Uber price to her workplace today. To our surprise, it was and still is the normal non surge price of $9 and change. Under normal circumstances, there is usually an ant less than 2 minutes away. The closest ant today is 10 minutes away. Is someone really going to drive 10 minutes in this weather and another 40 minutes for a measly 9 dollars while risking life and limb? The normal drive in good weather is 10 to 12 minutes. What are these ants doing on the road in Bergen county with non surge pricing? Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree. I'm here in Ft. Lee and i went out to get the newspaper around 8am. Checking the surge, it didn't go above 2x. I had a minimum of 2.5 in my mind. Didn't happen. Tomorrow is another day. Be safe and UBER ON !

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Can't even fathom driving in this crap for less then 3x, let alone .87. And there are cars in my area out there...Personally, I don't care how high the surge goes, my car isn't moving. On the flip side, as a passenger, who would want to get into an Uber X car in this weather?

I miss my 4x4...

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Can't even fathom driving in this crap for less then 3x, let alone .87. And there are cars in my area out there...Personally, I don't care how high the surge goes, my car isn't moving. On the flip side, as a passenger, who would want to get into an Uber X car in this weather?

I miss my 4x4...
I have a Jeep Wrangler with All Terrain Tires all around and although it will go anywhere anytime I am NOT leaving the house other than dragging out the big old snowblower to clear the driveway when it stops. Anyone out there is foolish.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I agree. I'm here in Ft. Lee and i went out to get the newspaper around 8am. Checking the surge, it didn't go above 2x. I had a minimum of 2.5 in my mind. Didn't happen. Tomorrow is another day. Be safe and UBER ON !
Tomorrow IS another day. Don't forget Uber prays on the desperation of others. I feel bad for the drivers out there who simply can't afford to take this day off. If they wreck their car they will be done for good . It is not worth it guys GO THE HELL HOME. Uber will be here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Tomorrow IS another day. Don't forget Uber prays on the desperation of others. I feel bad for the drivers out there who simply can't afford to take this day off. If they wreck their car they will be done for good . It is not worth it guys GO THE HELL HOME. Uber will be here tomorrow.
X2

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
A $9 payout by Uber is at minimum at 10-mile trip and probably 10-15 minutes. Anyone willing to drive 10 miles for $9 will have no problem working for $0.87/mile during bad weathers. I've stopped accepting $0.87/mile pings just out of principle. I accidentally accepted one via a stacked ping the other day, and I shook my head after completing the trip. Why? I am still in disbelief that drivers would ever put their cars in danger for $3.71(in Orlando, I think it's $2.40, smh).

Forget $0.87/mile; something has to be done about the minimum fare; it should be $10 . Unfortunately, paxes think it's okay to get a ride in someone's personal car for $6.75--knowing for sure that Uber takes a cut. I haven't taken an Uber yet, but I am going to intentionally request one in an $0.87/mile zone and tip the driver $20.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
A $9 payout by Uber is at minimum at 10-mile trip and probably 10-15 minutes. Anyone willing to drive 10 miles for $9 will have no problem working for $0.87/mile during bad weathers. I've stopped accepting $0.87/mile pings just out of principle. I accidentally accepted one via a stacked ping the other day, and I shook my head after completing the trip. Why? I am still in disbelief that drivers would ever put their cars in danger for $3.71(in Orlando, I think it's $2.40, smh).

Forget $0.87/mile; something has to be done about the minimum fare; it should be $10 . Unfortunately, paxes think it's okay to get a ride in someone's personal car for $6.75--knowing for sure that Uber takes a cut. I haven't taken an Uber yet, but I am going to intentionally request one in an $0.87/mile zone and tip the driver $20.
These clowns loved today. Probably ping after ping. I equate driving @87 cents to using a credit card for a cash advance. Instant money that you'll be paying for later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts