Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just got a Lyft ride, with no destination entered.
Passenger gets in and starts giving direction, when I am almost at an intersection , yells turn left.
Lyft you will get me into an accident for $3 trip.
Next time I will cancel the ride, if no destination entered.
Just got one of these in Salem, MA as well. Guy texts me saying he has a service dog. Turns out it was a pit mix of all breeds. Had to get my pepper spray ready in my left hand. Then no destination in the app. He was able to enter it in 2sec when asked.

Never ever ever ever start a trip with no destination. All about liability. Protect yourself against kidnapping claims, etc and cancel if they don't comply.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got one of these in Salem, MA as well. Guy texts me saying he has a service dog. Turns out it was a pit mix of all breeds. Had to get my pepper spray ready in my left hand. Then no destination in the app. He was able to enter it in 2sec when asked.

Never ever ever ever start a trip with no destination. All about liability. Protect yourself against kidnapping claims, etc and cancel if they don't comply.
So why Lyft is allowing them to order a car without entering destination.
Lesson learned, just park before arrival few feet. Check destination............!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts

WhoTF kidnapping Uber drivers? ROTF

·
Premium Member
14,261 Posts
Passenger gets in and starts giving direction, when I am almost at an intersection , yells turn left.
My $500+ lyft was a no destination trip. Just kindly ask tell them to enter an address or the car isn't moving. Simple. No backseat driving. For their safety

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
This has happened to me a few times on both platforms. If the destination is blank I always tell them to put in a destination, and won't move until they do. If they say just drive I tell them I can't do that you need to enter something. Anything along the lines of "Ok, YOU put in--" I cut them off and say I could but I won't as the platform might consider that fraud. That's typically the magic word, but I'm prepared for a get out of my car if they still refuse after that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Simple fix. Keep your doors locked until they tell you where they are going or they enter it in the app. Why would you let them in without knowing where they are going? A lot of passengers do this because they want to waste your time with extra stops. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have time for that nonsense - I've got a bonus to make! I don't mind doing extra stops if it's just dropping off a friend in the same neighborhood or along the route not far out of the way, but if stop 1 is 5 miles to the west and stop 2 is 5 miles to the east, or stop 1 is a drive-thru or something like that, I'd rather take a hit to my acceptance rating and move on than have people tying up my time while they run errands or wait in long lines and/or wait for slow ass "fast" food employees to get their orders prepared. I'm out here to make DOLLARS, not mere pennies for wait time. I will refuse such service every time until they do something about it to make it worth my while.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This has happened to me a few times on both platforms. If the destination is blank I always tell them to put in a destination, and won't move until they do. If they say just drive I tell them I can't do that you need to enter something. Anything along the lines of "Ok, YOU put in--" I cut them off and say I could but I won't as the platform might consider that fraud. That's typically the magic word, but I'm prepared for a get out of my car if they still refuse after that.
Uber now don't start the request without destination entered.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
As a pax, I love that I can order a ride without entering the dest. Why? Because I am guaranteed that I won't be screwed with up front pricing!!

Driver arrives, I enter the dest, and off we go. Simple.

If the driver has a friendly attitude, I will tell them I'm a driver and offer to let them do the ride in cash if they want.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stupid NAV has done the same to me.

RT turn
Turn left (in 100 feet over 4 lanes of traffic) ;)

·
Premium Member
24,747 Posts
If it's Surging I don't mind extra stops. Friend's house is the red X.

This was 2.3X. Dude gets in. I see Centreville is destination. He says "you mind if we drop my friend in Alexandria?" Not at all lol

Black Map Font Line Slope

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it's Surging I don't mind extra stops. Friend's house is the red X.

This was 2.3X. Dude gets in. I see Centreville is destination. He says "you mind if we drop my friend in Alexandria?" Not at all lol

View attachment 232868
This looks good.
Once a passenger asked me for a stop in one mile trip, he didn't enter the stop before riding.
I said NO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts