Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
2021, Nissan, Kicks SR. 4 doors, seats 5 including driver. They said my vehicle is approved and that I am approved to drive for UberX.
And what city are you driving in?

You said you’ve been doing Uber Eats for 2 years, so obviously this vehicle is not the one you were/are doing Eats with when you first signed up.

Also, go to your account tab -> vehicles-> (tap) show us what THAT says

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
There use to be an option in the help menu to switch between eats and x, You can only do one not both in many countries,

I would check to make sure all your documents are in app, and then contact support, if that rep doesn’t fix it. Ask again in app, and if they dont then keep asking until one actually does fix it. It may take 10-15 different reps but one will actually do jt

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
It's the fact that you didn't read the post and then post something that has a lot of common sense indicating that I haven't tried these things or I am not doing them right considering me an idiot. I'm not being rude, it's using sarcasm for those that don't read the post fully. My apologies if you think I am being rude but I am being straight with you. If you can't handle these type of responses then sorry to burst your bubble but you shouldn't be on a forum or "attempting to help" have you ever tried helping someone that has anger mental illness or not right? I'm sure you haven't considering your response. You have a great day and continue to "try and be helpful" by stating common sense statements.
Smh.

You’ll be a great driver. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
You log out, reboot your phone and log back in, then go online. Sometimes it get all weird when they update the types like that. I had the same issue and then it was just fixed. Annoying and support kept saying it was changed but it still showed the old selections and not the new one, then it just worked 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
When you call in have them open a PM in the messages for you and annoy them until they fix it.

You might be active in their system but it is not showing in your app because of a glitch or it could also be they just do not know what the hell they are looking at.

In the end you may never get it fixed.

Also a Nissan Kicks is small for doing X in and my advice is you shouldn’t do it with that type of car and how do I know is because I have a 2018 Kicks and know the size isn’t right for X.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I did read your entire post. Nowhere in your post did it say you uninstalled and reinstalled the app🤷‍♀️
I stated that I tried all recommendations and I am sure that was a recommendation you stated. A pretty obvious one too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
When you call in have them open a PM in the messages for you and annoy them until they fix it.

You might be active in their system but it is not showing in your app because of a glitch or it could also be they just do not know what the hell they are looking at.

In the end you may never get it fixed.

Also a Nissan Kicks is small for doing X in and my advice is you shouldn’t do it with that type of car and how do I know is because I have a 2018 Kicks and know the size isn’t right for X.
UberX is the base one for passenger I thought? Maybe I am wrong but that's the only one they will approve me for. I did the app message thing and they still haven't responded in days. I don't understand Ubers customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
UberX is the base one for passenger I thought? Maybe I am wrong but that's the only one they will approve me for. I did the app message thing and they still haven't responded in days. I don't understand Ubers customer service.
What. Vehicle. Do. You. Have. Selected. In. The. App?

The vehicle you started doing Eats with 2 years ago, or the 2021 car you just went and rented so you could do UX?

·
Super Moderator
TARDIS (I borrowed it.) I'm everywhere, all the time!
6,416 Posts
OKAY FOLKS, let's stop piling on. Mistakes were made, so let's step back, take a deep breath and learn from all the mistakes that were made and start clean! Everyone deserves a break and a chance to start over. 😎

Now, I understand @James T. 's frustration. He's been given useless advice by support and totally flummoxed. Given the high turnover in support, I bet nobody remembers this issue!

Here's what I believe is going on, because I had it when I started driving Uber a few years ago. I bet it has yet to be fixed! James, you started with an UberEats ONLY account, drove for months (or years) and then wanted to add Uber X. I did exactly that too. When I joined, I was told that they were not capable of adding anything else to an Eats ONLY account. "You would have had to start with an UberX account." they told me. They instructed me to create a brand new account for UberX and they could later add Eats to it. That was the only way I could get squared away to drive passengers in any class! (I was also Select, but you can't sign up for that anymore.)

Your best bet is to go in to a Green Light Hub, explain your story to them, tell them about my history too, and ask them to fix it. Tell them you want only one account, and that the background check and everything are already done.

Next problem: Once you're set up to drive passengers (we call them pax on this forum), keep a close eye on the kind of bonuses and quests you get. I was getting the 3-ride streaks (ctb - continuous trips bonus) and surges, etc (all the immediate bonuses), but I was not getting any of the weekly, weekday (m-th) or weekend (Fri-Sun) quest bonus offers for years! They kept giving me a similar runaround about "The computer will make different offers to different drivers" or whatever the excuse du jour might be for them, or claimed it was fixed, but it never did get fixed by talking to support.

I really don't know if it was all the changes made because of COVID, AB-5, Prop22 (two California issues), because I stopped driving for a month, or because I switched to a replacement car! (My engine blew and I was off for over a month.)

The summary is to stay on it, remind them about this old issue with starting on Eats, and make sure you get the weekly quest offers!!!!

Any questions?

:unsure: 🙃

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
OKAY FOLKS, let's stop piling on. Mistakes were made, so let's step back, take a deep breath and learn from all the mistakes that were made and start clean! Everyone deserves a break and a chance to start over. 😎

Now, I understand @James T. 's frustration. He's been given useless advice by support and totally flummoxed. Given the high turnover in support, I bet nobody remembers this issue!

Here's what I believe is going on, because I had it when I started driving Uber a few years ago. I bet it has yet to be fixed! James, you started with an UberEats ONLY account, drove for months (or years) and then wanted to add Uber X. I did exactly that too. When I joined, I was told that they were not capable of adding anything else to an Eats ONLY account. "You would have had to start with an UberX account." they told me. They instructed me to create a brand new account for UberX and they could later add Eats to it. That was the only way I could get squared away to drive passengers in any class! (I was also Select, but you can't sign up for that anymore.)

Your best bet is to go in to a Green Light Hub, explain your story to them, tell them about my history too, and ask them to fix it. Tell them you want only one account, and that the background check and everything are already done.

Next problem: Once you're set up to drive passengers (we call them pax on this forum), keep a close eye on the kind of bonuses and quests you get. I was getting the 3-ride streaks (ctb - continuous trips bonus) and surges, etc (all the immediate bonuses), but I was not getting any of the weekly, weekday (m-th) or weekend (Fri-Sun) quest bonus offers for years! They kept giving me a similar runaround about "The computer will make different offers to different drivers" or whatever the excuse du jour might be for them, or claimed it was fixed, but it never did get fixed by talking to support.

I really don't know if it was all the changes made because of COVID, AB-5, Prop22 (two California issues), because I stopped driving for a month, or because I switched to a replacement car! (My engine blew and I was off for over a month.)

The summary is to stay on it, remind them about this old issue with starting on Eats, and make sure you get the weekly quest offers!!!!

Any questions?

:unsure: 🙃
Very thorough, as always.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts