Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Screwber cuts Ventura rates 20% August 1 (of course without at a minimum notifying the partners that live in Ventura County) saying they were listening to us and to help the "partners" make more money...ya right.

Then they have the gall to email me and text me repeatly asking for referrals to help me earn more income this summer...Well Screwber if you really want us to make more why did you cute our rate? The way I figure it, the 20% cut just cost me $100 PROFIT a week as my $500 turns to $400 so I'm really paying myself back the referral fee with the $400 I lost if I were able to give them 2 referrals...A MONTH!!!...month after month

Well there's two chances of that happening slim and none and slim just left the car. There is absolutely no way I would subject my friends to this underhanded company as MY slogan goes:

"Friends don't let friends drive UBER"

First off I want them to stay my friend, secondly eventually if they are local thy will cost you $200 in fares (which is fine since they are your friend) so there is really no referral bonus unless Screwber will give me 5% of all their future earnings seeing I'm giving them 20% of all their future earnings "HEY We're Partners RIGHT!!!"

Well it will be a cold day in hell I'll ever offer up a friend to drive for them, that is unless they promise to quit after 20 trips and take the money and run.

Screwber wants us to barley make a minimum/liveable wage unless we pony up our contact list:​
DON'T DO IT​

·
Registered
602 Posts
So Screwber cuts Ventura rates 20% August 1 (of course without at a minimum notifying the partners that live in Ventura County) saying they were listening to us and to help the "partners" make more money...ya right.

Then they have the gall to email me and text me repeatly asking for referrals to help me earn more income this summer...Well Screwber if you really want us to make more why did you cute our rate? The way I figure it, the 20% cut just cost me $100 PROFIT a week as my $500 turns to $400 so I'm really paying myself back the referral fee with the $400 I lost if I were able to give them 2 referrals...A MONTH!!!...month after month

Well there's two chances of that happening slim and none and slim just left the car. There is absolutely no way I would subject my friends to this underhanded company as MY slogan goes:

First off I want them to stay my friend, secondly eventually if they are local thy will cost you $200 in fares (which is fine since they are your friend) so there is really no referral bonus unless Screwber will give me 5% of all their future earnings seeing I'm giving them 20% of all their future earnings "HEY We're Partners RIGHT!!!"

Well it will be a cold day in hell I'll ever offer up a friend to drive for them, that is unless they promise to quit after 20 trips and take the money and run.

Screwber wants us to barley make a minimum/liveable wage unless we pony up our contact list:
DON'T DO IT
Screwber is a scumbag company that you won't recommend a friend to but
you continue to let them piss on your back and tell you it's rainwater. Guess you didn't read that they will soon be increasing thier cut off the top of your %20 reduced rate from % 20 to %25.
Wake the hell up! Delete the app and don't drive.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Screwber is a scumbag company that you won't recommend a friend to but
you continue to let them piss on your back and tell you it's rainwater. Guess you didn't read that they will soon be increasing thier cut off the top of your %20 reduced rate from % 20 to %25.
Wake the hell up! Delete the app and don't drive.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not driving anymore except my regulars that throw me a nice tip...uber on call I call it...If I see a surge while out I may look for a ride but thats it. I used to do fourty+ last week not one of the 16 peaks and did $304 plus $55 in tips on 7 rides.

That being said im lookin at the rider app 8 cars around mall...lucky if mall area takes down 8 rides before 4pm and those are mostly short trips to hotel/ car service

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Screwber wants us to barley make a minimum/liveable wage unless we pony up our contact list:
DON'T DO IT
I m tired from drivers crying ! You guys need to organize and a Shut the F uber app up during busy hours ! Is as simple as that !

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I m tired from drivers crying ! You guys need to organize and a Shut the F uber up during busy hours ! Is as simple as that !
I'm sure Uber can easily pull up stats for every driver that is normally online during a planned strike time slot, they'd be deactivated and a line of new drivers (fools) waiting to take their place.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm sure Uber can easily pull up stats for every driver that is normally online during a planned strike time slot, they'd be deactivated and a line of new drivers (fools) waiting to take their place.
Half the people on here are never going to wake up and smell the coffee. All they have to do is take the blinders off and see that they are driving for .20 net
profit per mile at the presented ridiculious rates thar Screwbre is now paying them. If they last any length of time all they are going to have is a piece of shit car with ultra high mileage that they can't replace with the money they made.I told Screwbre to fk off after six days of driving. The Ubre business model is doomed to fail because sooner
later is going to lose more driers than it can BS replacements . Uber already stated it's commission off the top of the fares are increasing from %20 to %25. That should wake up all these drivers that are drunk on the Uber Coolaid.Yes, Uber driving a year ago was a money maker,but then the fares where twice what they are now

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Rubbish! Getting deactivated just because you have your App off?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Uber decreased fares in 5 cities on July 31st.
  • Austin
  • Dallas
  • Milwaukee
  • Oklahoma City
  • Tulsa
Sorry if it was posted elsewhere, I looked and didn't see it. As of August 1, drivers in these cities woke up to lower rates. Yippee!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Half the people on here are never going to wake up and smell the coffee. All they have to do is take the blinders off and see that they are driving for .20 net
profit per mile... That should wake up all these drivers that are drunk on the Uber Coolaid.Yes, Uber driving a year ago was a money maker,but then the fares where twice what they are now
I think you are being generous with HALF. The disillusioned drivers out number those of us who can do math by a much larger margin.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Uber decreased fares in 5 cities on July 31st.
  • Austin
  • Dallas
  • Milwaukee
  • Oklahoma City
  • Tulsa
Sorry if it was posted elsewhere, I looked and didn't see it. As of August 1, drivers in these cities woke up to lower rates. Yippee!
This is going to be an on going practice for Screwbre. In a short time there will be another round of fare decreases in other cities. As long as they can flood these cities with an over abundance of drivers willing to work for around a .20 net profit per mile it will continue. In addition Screwbre already stated sometime in mid August they are raising thier commission cut from %20 to % 25. A year ago fares were twice what they are now and you could make money if you worked at it. Screwbre is a broken business model at present because indifference to its drivers and corporate greed. Uber X will shortly fail but Screwbre doesn't care because Ubre X is just a means to set themselves up as monopoly in the blackcar & taxi market.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
There will never be a shortage of people who don't understand math.

Have you ever been to Las Vegas? That city is a giant monument to poor math skills.

Reactions: Chicago-uber

·
Registered
602 Posts
There will never be a shortage of people who don't understand math.

Have you ever been to Las Vegas? That city is a giant monument to poor math skills.
Screwbre's business model IS falling apart. Reminds me if the proverb"you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time"! Wake up folks DELETE app Uber X is a total scam.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
A lady just stopped me in the grocery store parking lot today to inquire about what year my vehicle was because her son is going to join Uber and wants one (it's a small SUV). I told her although it's a 4 cylinder it's not the best on MPG for Ubering as I used to do it. The 4x4 did make me $575 in surge fares on snowstorm Superbowl Sunday though when cabs were sitting stuck on piles of snow on every street. She asked me what type of vehicle I recommended. I recommended that her son not even consider Uber as it's falling apart at the seams and will end but if he insists on giving it a try - get the oldest pile of junk car that fits Ubers minimum requirements as that's all the riders and Uber deserve at the current rates. She just kept shaking her head in agreement while I was talking as if she knows this is all a scam and probably convincing her son not to do it before me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts