Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Turn the data off on your phone. It tricks the app into thinking it's offline. Don't use airplane mode. The app knows when you turn that off.

To restart, turn data back on then restart the app.

Works for hidden bathroom breaks or gas.
That's a good way to get one of those infuriating warning emails about "failure to follow the terms of service."

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I’ve given up on Lyft and, supposedly, rating a pax 3* prevents any future requests.
Actually with Uber the only way to blacklist a passenger is to give them one star. This was verified a few years ago by my local greenlight hub manager who went all the way to the top of that department to get an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Actually with Uber the only way to blacklist a passenger is to give them one star. This was verified a few years ago by my local greenlight hub manager who went all the way to the top of that department to get an answer.
"verified a few years ago..." so basically you mean not verified at all.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Ya.... Your prolly right. That's why I been doing it for 3 years with no warning
I don't doubt you, but we know how wildly inconsistent Uber is in general. Last year I got one of those warnings for exactly that, although it took multiple calls and emails for them to tell me something specific. Originally they accused me of "violating the terms of service at the airport" even though our little airport is exactly one road in/out and three sliding doors. After long exchanges and conversations they finally pinned me down on "turning off GPS while online" which was bull.sh.t, essentially me going offline and sitting (in a legal parking spot) near the airport when there were several flights landing, in lieu of getting a ping from the nearby Walmart. They never could explain what was actually wrong with that, but that was it.

·
Premium Member
5,790 Posts
  • Uber X ping.
  • I accept and arrive a few minutes later.
  • Pax "Sarah" has a pitbull.
  • I begrudgingly drive them so as to not tempt deactivation due to possible "service dog" complaint.
  • drop off "Sarah" and beast.
  • Check my earnings tab and ride is classified as "Uber Pet."
  • WTF? I ALWAYS have Uber Pet turned off. Further, I ALWAYS carefully read every ping. It was labeled as UberX, NOT Uber Pet. 😡 Arrrrrgggghhhh!
  • So this is Uber's new method of screwing drivers. Disguising Uber Pet as UberX because EVERY 'effin driver has it turned off!
  • Cannot say it enough, F U Uber.
'EFFFFFFFF UUUUU!
Did you get the $3.50 extra?
Go but a lint roller I love uberpet
They tend to tip way more often too

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Always have a plan to view them from a distance, then just bail on them without making contact, if they complain then you say you canceled because you felt tired or nauseous or needed the bathroom or some other excuse while saying you never say the person. Or say you drove to the spot and never saw them and you couldn’t stop so instead of risking a bad rating you just canceled and moved on. Always something about you never saw them and don’t make eye contact either if you have to pass them. Most of the time they aren’t paying attention to the cars so you can make a quick get away, though sometimes you can’t do that and you just have to do the ride and one star them
She was standing a good distsncr away ftom the dog. Had no idea

·
Premium Member
7,022 Posts
We get $5 extra for Uber Pet rides. I love them too, as they also usually tip well in my market.

Another animal lover here.

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Wrong. I have rematched with paxs who I have one starred.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
  • Uber X ping.
  • I accept and arrive a few minutes later.
  • Pax "Sarah" has a pitbull.
  • I begrudgingly drive them so as to not tempt deactivation due to possible "service dog" complaint.
  • drop off "Sarah" and beast.
  • Check my earnings tab and ride is classified as "Uber Pet."
  • WTF? I ALWAYS have Uber Pet turned off. Further, I ALWAYS carefully read every ping. It was labeled as UberX, NOT Uber Pet. 😡 Arrrrrgggghhhh!
  • So this is Uber's new method of screwing drivers. Disguising Uber Pet as UberX because EVERY 'effin driver has it turned off!
  • Cannot say it enough, F U Uber.
'EFFFFFFFF UUUUU!
We need to mode to pick up pets instead of pax…

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Wrong. I have rematched with paxs who I have one starred.
I have not. However it does take about 24 hours for your rating to propagate throughout the Uber system. Also, some pax do create new accounts when nobody will accept their pings any more. Just because you don’t believe something doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts