Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often see surge or high demand around UH Main and NRG stadium. Yet I have never got a ride in those areas. Anyone have any luck around there? If so, what area, especially the UH zone.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I often see surge or high demand around UH Main and NRG stadium. Yet I have never got a ride in those areas. Anyone have any luck around there? If so, what area, especially the UH zone.
Except for when NRG has an event that neighborhood is poor and they'll wait for surge to end. Same with students and the UH Main neighborhood.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I caught 2 riders out of U of H yesterday. Around 1pm. It showed surge, but disappeared as soon as I crossed 288.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I caught 2 riders out of U of H yesterday. Around 1pm. It showed surge, but disappeared as soon as I crossed 288.
I saw that yesterday. Was surging 2.8, then disappeared completely to no demand. Seems odd that it would go from surge to nothing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I saw that yesterday. Was surging 2.8, then disappeared completely to no demand. Seems odd that it would go from surge to nothing.
Demand shifted to UberSelect, UberBlack and/or UberSUV. Either that or they got a taxi.

Trust me, kid. This shit ain't gonna get prettier. Enjoy it for now. I am already on the verge of making my transition away from this company.
Newbies...
****ing right!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Common sense, school is still out so UH/TSU is dead. NRG area is only good for events, dropoffs and Chachos. The people living around that area are cheapskates and RUDE! They live in those cheaply built, high-rent complexes. Can't quite afford to live in Midtown/Galleria. But enjoy bragging about paying high rent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This morning UH was back up to 3.8 but no requests after 20 mins. Not wasting my time there anymore.

This is a part time gig when off during breaks from teaching. Just to get some extra cash. I'm not going to get all worked up like some of yall. Those who think this is a full time gig are not thinking straight.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
U of H students just wait it out. They are not in a rush. If you do get a ride, it will be to the other side of campus, and not a big surge ride.

NEVER CHASE SURGE.

The surge goes away when you get there, because 10 other drivers just showed up chasing the surge.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This morning UH was back up to 3.8 but no requests after 20 mins. Not wasting my time there anymore.

This is a part time gig when off during breaks from teaching. Just to get some extra cash. I'm not going to get all worked up like some of yall. Those who think this is a full time gig are not thinking straight.
You are not thinking straight, too. You joined Uber thinking you were going to make good money. Now you find out there is barely any money, even as a part timer, and still continue doing it.

The biggest problem here is everyone is okay with Uber screwing drivers and riders and all people can say is, "just quit" or "stop using the app", but the underlying problem will still exist because there is no accountability.

What kind of an example is that? Just tell your students that the best way to succeed is to play mind games with people and have others do all the work for very little "profit" and reap all the rewards. Don't forget to tell them once they rise to the top to laugh at everyone as they go to the bank. Sounds like a good lesson plan to set them on the right path.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Just tell your students that the best way to succeed is to play mind games with people and have others do all the work for very little "profit" and reap all the rewards. Don't forget to tell them once they rise to the top to laugh at everyone as they go to the bank. Sounds like a good lesson plan to set them on the right path.
Everytime I see Dorian Gray on the tv show "Penny Dreadful" I think of Travis.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dudes surge in south central is just to get more drivers there since noone goes there. It will go away as sooon as couple drivers are there. Dont fall for it and stay away from that god forsaken place. I used to go there when i first started but now i know better. Go if you want to get stabbed robbed or rated low. Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are not thinking straight, too. You joined Uber thinking you were going to make good money. Now you find out there is barely any money, even as a part timer, and still continue doing it.

The biggest problem here is everyone is okay with Uber screwing drivers and riders and all people can say is, "just quit" or "stop using the app", but the underlying problem will still exist because there is no accountability.

What kind of an example is that? Just tell your students that the best way to succeed is to play mind games with people and have others do all the work for very little "profit" and reap all the rewards. Don't forget to tell them once they rise to the top to laugh at everyone as they go to the bank. Sounds like a good lesson plan to set them on the right path.
I'm happy with how much I made last week. More than I would have made at a part time retail job and a heck of a lot easier.

Uber is following a common business strategy. Why pay employees more if they keep getting new employees? They have no reason to do that. Business is about making a profit. This job isn't hard. Doesnt take much skill.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I watched south central surge 3 or 4 times today when I was just a couple blocks away. Glad I kept heading North as I picked up several on the way out of downtown before I signed of line to head back to Conroe.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I watched south central surge 3 or 4 times today when I was just a couple blocks away. Glad I kept heading North as I picked up several on the way out of downtown before I signed of line to head back to Conroe.
Like the avatar. I keep my stopwatch hidden though. Let 'em think it's on Uber.

·
Registered
695 Posts
LOL, I just put it there for the photo. It fits real nice in what I beleive to be a credit card slot under my drivers side air vent. I thought it was a coin slot until I put 2 quarters in it that disappeared forever.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
LOL, I just put it there for the photo. It fits real nice in what I beleive to be a credit card slot under my drivers side air vent. I thought it was a coin slot until I put 2 quarters in it that disappeared forever.
You should set it at 5:01 (5 mins 1 sec) though for the avatar. See who gets it.

G

·
UH/SE surge is fake!!! I live 5-8 min from UH and most of the time my app stays on when I'm at home. I have seen it surge literally at least a 100 times. I have received a ping from UH 1 time in the 17 months I've been Ubering from my home less than 10 min away during a surge. It was not a surge trip for me bc I live just outside the surge perimeter. I'm sure once a blue moon you can get a surge from UH. But overall they have the "fakest of the fake "surges. No fakest is not a real word/tense.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts