Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a passenger + 3 friends on a Lyft ride last night from Newport to Irvine. All of them completely covered my car with sand. I know its not as bad as vomit or chicken poop but makes me mad how pax have no respect what so ever for someone's car. They used my AUX cord to blast music crap I didn't care for either and no tip. Luckily it was my last passenger for the night.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Road surface Asphalt
Automotive tire Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive design
Door Wood Grey Rectangle Road surface

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I know it's not as bad as vomit or chicken poop but makes me mad how pax have no respect whatsoever for someone's car... Luckily it was my last passenger for the night.
Very lucky. I've had a situation like that (and kind of surprised it's only been one). I carry a Dustbuster mini-vac, but needed to stop at self-serve car wash with more powerful hose action to properly get rid of sand granules, for rest of that shift.

To paraphrase a famous saying that seems appropriate here:
"Life's a ping, then you drive."

·
Registered
808 Posts
Live near the ocean long? At least it isn't mud, or dog crap, or grease. You drive near beaches, you are gonna have sand, deal with it. Keep some canned air in your car, open the doors, and blow it off.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
A) rubber mats. Walmart, $20 per FULL SET (no not each!)

B) Newport is only there for culling noobs. Avoid like plague.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I took several photos and submitted it to Lyft. I've had sand cleaning compensated from Uber before ($40) so hopefully Lyft can accommodate. Last time it happened was July 4th and I had to stop for an hour to clean it up before I could drive again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Live near the ocean long? At least it isn't mud, or dog crap, or grease. You drive near beaches, you are gonna have sand, deal with it.
Its about decency.
Once picked up a girl from beach. And she told me she had sand all over her body. She said sorry ruining clean car. She used her towel cover my seat. I let het use my car wash towel covering floor mat.
Rest 98 times they didnt even care or sorry what they did damage my car.
Uber doing great job make people impudent.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Did they tip?? They knew what they did, they should've hit you beach with a Benjamin.

I know, hahaha, it's nice to dream.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts