Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started normal, had a fare take me to the track, then caught a ride downtown. Shoulda made for a easy $30 but traffic took forever. Then I'm stuck downtown doing $5 lazy service worker drop offs or waiting it out at the airport hoping to get a fare back north. just a string of $10ish fares. finally head north to the college kids hotspot, there must be 75 ubers prowling and who knows how many lyfts and cabbies. not worth my time. dead head back to north county snag some last calls and call it.

I hate getting dragged downtown in traffic for crap. You're stuck down there because traffic getting back is ridiculous and the chance of getting an airport fare north is slim plus the wait time was like 20 minutes. I kept going back tho hoping for a unicorn to ride North and by 8pm I was snagging the dinky $10 trips in the area that aren't coming from the airport, back to back. I'm guessing those rides were being rejected by the uberXs suvs and blacks that were waiting around for airport fares. Apparently a lot of those guys are doing the call and ask the fares destination and quick cancel rides from the surrounding areas. I barely made over a hundo for too many hours. Downtown and airports are overrated, but whatever, those fools can have it as long as they stay away from my spots. It's always the ex-cabbies at the airport buzzing around like flies on shit. They have no creativity, I see them walking around and smoking and hanging out like its a social club. Dumbasses they are going to cause the business that owns the parking lot they are using as their personal lounge to shut us all out because they are there taking up all the parking spots in over sized black SUVs! It's the same guys like everyday and night. Uber needs to do something about it because it's pissing off the locals. Maybe they haven't figured out that Uber works better when you don't keep returning to a over crowded area for $10 fares with a 10-20 minute wait.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You need to be smart about driving. Treat this like your own personal business. Come up with a strategy to snag more pings.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very few wasted miles. I don't waste gas at the west coast price I pay. Just bad luck getting me downtown so early. I would have turned them down but it was out of towners and I was right there. Next time I'll leave em on the curb, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
W
Started normal, had a fare take me to the track, then caught a ride downtown. Shoulda made for a easy $30 but traffic took forever. Then I'm stuck downtown doing $5 lazy service worker drop offs or waiting it out at the airport hoping to get a fare back north. just a string of $10ish fares. finally head north to the college kids hotspot, there must be 75 ubers prowling and who knows how many lyfts and cabbies. not worth my time. dead head back to north county snag some last calls and call it.

I hate getting dragged downtown in traffic for crap. You're stuck down there because traffic getting back is ridiculous and the chance of getting an airport fare north is slim plus the wait time was like 20 minutes. I kept going back tho hoping for a unicorn to ride North and by 8pm I was snagging the dinky $10 trips in the area that aren't coming from the airport, back to back. I'm guessing those rides were being rejected by the uberXs suvs and blacks that were waiting around for airport fares. Apparently a lot of those guys are doing the call and ask the fares destination and quick cancel rides from the surrounding areas. I barely made over a hundo for too many hours. Downtown and airports are overrated, but whatever, those fools can have it as long as they stay away from my spots. It's always the ex-cabbies at the airport buzzing around like flies on shit. They have no creativity, I see them walking around and smoking and hanging out like its a social club. Dumbasses they are going to cause the business that owns the parking lot they are using as their personal lounge to shut us all out because they are there taking up all the parking spots in over sized black SUVs! It's the same guys like everyday and night. Uber needs to do something about it because it's pissing off the locals. Maybe they haven't figured out that Uber works better when you don't keep returning to a over crowded area for $10 fares with a 10-20 minute wait.
Which city?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts